Hailey Van Lith & LB transfer predictions | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Hailey Van Lith & LB transfer predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really don’t think Betts is coming to Uconn or even considering us. If she was I’d have to believe she’d be following Morgan Valley back, as she follows a couple other coaches/associate coaches on other teams I’m assuming she’s interested in. Just my opinion, I hope she does come here

Reaction Score
Hailey was already following a number of Uconn players that she was already friends with from USA bball and some of our 2023 recruits which I'm sure she was trying to recruit Louisville previously...but it looks like as of today she's now following Aubrey Griffin and Dorka which I thought was interesting. Maybe we really are in the running.

I know we are deep with guards next year, but after all these injuries the past 2 years I certainly think she would be a great addition, plus she already has chemistry playing with Paige and Azzi.
I’m personally hoping she comes to UConn. The Ohio State game proved we need more ball handlers who want the ball. Seems like Azzi and Hailey Van Lith will be at a camp this weekend hosted by Kelsey Plum…so here’s hoping Azzi can do a little recruiting

Reaction Score
Way out there theory: Lauren Betts' dad was English and played internationally and LB was born in Spain, UConn is the best destination for international players...she's not going to USF, right?

Better theory: Lauren played for Stanford last year without a real point guard to get her the ball, UConn has an embarrassment of riches at the point guard position next year.
she's certainly going to be playing with guards who can get her the ball if she chooses UConn

Reaction Score
I’m personally hoping she comes to UConn. The Ohio State game proved we need more ball handlers who want the ball. Seems like Azzi and Hailey Van Lith will be at a camp this weekend hosted by Kelsey Plum…so here’s hoping Azzi can do a little recruiting
UConn’s best ball handler and passer was on the bench in sweats this season and she never refuses the ball. ;) And Hailey Van Lith doesn’t want to be a backup for 15 minutes a game for her and Fudd.

Reaction Score

Kelsey Plum is very close with Morgan Valley who coached her at Washington, if that helps.

Reaction Score
I really don’t think Betts is coming to Uconn or even considering us. If she was I’d have to believe she’d be following Morgan Valley back, as she follows a couple other coaches/associate coaches on other teams I’m assuming she’s interested in. Just my opinion, I hope she does come here
unfortunately, I have a feeling you are correct......I'm thinking Notre Dame or UCLA.......:(

Reaction Score
I’d be stunned if Hailey Van Lith goes anywhere other than LSU.

IMHO she’s chasing the limelight, and bank, the social media following and all the glory she saw Reese and Company getting.
LSU seems to have NIL figured out, even this first year or so into it.

I know nothing, just my opinion based on 3 years of following her and seeing what motivates her. I expect her father was heavily involved in this decision, if not leading it.
Coaches beware.

Reaction Score
I cannot believe LB is coming to UConn. First, I don’t think she’s interested and second, I doubt that Geno is either. He has about as talented a roster as I can remember already, with numerous talented bigs (admittedly only one is a proven star) and is likely concerned about chemistry issues, especially given the mother’s prominent social media presence and some of the purported comments she has allegedly made in terms of her (Mom’s) preferences as to who she would prefer to coach her daughter. These are all potential pitfalls that Geno has outspokenly avoided in the past and I just don’t see that changing. Of course, there is also the possibility that she has been taken out of context and that despite her social media presence, she may be the most supportive, cooperative, and hands-off parent in the world and that Geno is using this time to get to know her and her daughter’s hopes, dreams, and commitment for finishing her college career at UConn. Still, I will/would be shocked if she ends up at UConn!
I do wish her all the best though, as everything I’ve ever heard about her describes a talented, hardworking, and likable person and we cannot have too many of those in sports (or the world, for that matter). Unfortunately, I’m afraid she is likely to be a thorn in our side for the next three years wherever she goes.

Reaction Score
New york and Boston media don’t care about UConn
Disagree. I’ve heard significantly more about UConn women since moving to the metro west Boston area through both Boston media markets and NPR than I did in western MA or even when I grew up and lived in CT until 2000ish

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Disagree. I’ve heard significantly more about UConn women since moving to the metro west Boston area through both Boston media markets and NPR than I did in western MA or even when I grew up and lived in CT until 2000ish
Yeah, Uconn is not infrequently subject to NY Times and WSJ articles, and Boston media is all over CT college accomplishments as are the pro teams. (Not a lot of national success for NY colleges or NE colleges outside of what happens in CT and no respectable NY recognizes NJ or PA :eek:.)

Reaction Score

IMHO she’s chasing the limelight, and bank, the social media following and all the glory she saw Reese and Company getting.

I know nothing, just my opinion based on 3 years of following her and seeing what motivates her. I expect her father was heavily involved in this decision, if not leading it.
Coaches beware.
I wonder how well she (Hailey Van Lith) and Reese will get along? Throw in Kim and you’ve got three strong personalities right there! This could be a real fireworks show! Where’s the popcorn?:)

Reaction Score
I just got up to Boston for the Summer. I think the Boston Globe mentions UConn and women's athletics quite a bit.

In yesterdays Globe senior sports writer Dan Shaughnessy (his daughter played softball at Harvard) had this to say:

▪"Iowa basketball star Caitlin Clark has been held under 10 points only once in her college career. That was in 2021 when she was guarded by Northwestern’s Veronica Burton, a Newton South alum (and daughter of WBZ’s Steve Burton) who now plays for the Dallas Wings in the WNBA." Steve Burton is a Boston area sports caster (his father played for the NE Patriots) with a very athletic family. So he was shouting out to both wbb players.

Two weeks aga Shaughnessy gave CC high praise "CC = Larry Bird

Reaction Score

Coaches beware.
I agree with you that Hailey Van Lith is chasing the money. I think the talk about an MBA and closer to home is just talk. I would think it would be great if she got an MBA in finance from a top college. If she did that she would be my favorite player.

She and her father are building her brand. She has a chance to make more money in the next two years of college than in 10 years in the WNBA. I don't think she has that opportunity at L-Ville. I think she will lose some of her current deals (I think she will lose her Adidas deal as soon as she leaves Louisville.) The money is flowing in certain markets and that's where she is heading. LSU looks like a leader, but don't be surprised if she ends up in Miami or somewhere in Texas.

I don't give a lot of stock to lists of how much money in NIL deals student athletes are making. I think the numbers are high because they are released by agents who only want to recruit more athletes. Anyhow, I found this list of just WCBB players. LSU is well represented. I thought the SC players were on the low side. Glad to see AG making some money. Not sure how AE is making money as an international student athlete, but good for her. Maybe it comes through the UConn collective.

Reaction Score
I wonder how well she (Hailey Van Lith) and Reese will get along? Throw in Kim and you’ve got three strong personalities right there! This could be a real fireworks show! Where’s the popcorn?:)
I know people like to tease things like this but Kim has been in this business for decades. I agree it presents a potential problem with the big egos and personalities (which were also present on this past LSU team). I imagine Kim lays down the ground work and expectations before letting recruits and transfers into the program with what their potential role is. If Hailey Van Lith were to join, she wouldn’t be jacking up 30 shots every game. It’s the team first. I don’t think she’s going to allow one player to ruin it for everyone in that locker room. Same thing goes to Reese.

Reaction Score
Having already made my early predictions: HLV: Indiana, LB: Iowa. I decided that
I wanted to re-direct anyone who has not viewed the ESPN video review of Lauren
Betts to do so. I knew she was 6' 7", I knew she ran the floor, etc., but this
video taught me how STRONG she is (wide at the shoulders, etc.) and how
good she is finishing through contact! If Lauren is not with UCONN, ICE
and Amari will have to bring their "A" game if this matchup ever occurs!
Prediction: we hold our own on the inside, we kill them from the outside. Go Huskies!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Cough… Lauren Betts. Posted at 9 last night (Saturday)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Cough… Lauren Betts. Posted at 9 last night (Saturday)

Oooof. The number of out/in transfers for AZ seems like there's some smoke there, however however each player fills their needs, then good on them.

Reaction Score
New york and Boston media don’t care about UConn
That must be why Sports New York (SNY) airs the majority of their games and related programming.:confused:

By the way, there is 6’4” young lady from Long Island who I am sure cares about UConn. She fits the profile of the top five recruit for 2024 mentioned by Geno and eliminates the need for Betts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom