Hailey Van Lith in the Portal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hailey Van Lith in the Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’m super shocked! She’s also listed as “do not contact”. Wonder where she’s headed?

Shocking given that she appeared on the Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi show during the championship game and they all praised Jeff Walz to high heaven. Not a contrary word was said by any of the three.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
as i recall, in high school Hailey Van Lith was hoping to be a uconn husky ... paige dashed that possibility, of course.

is she now getting a second shot? :D

no, no, no. uconn MUST get another 'big' and hailey assuredly ain't one!

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Shocking given that she appeared on the Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi show during the championship game and they all praised Jeff Walz to high heaven. Not a contrary word was said by any of the three.
there is no reason to assume that she has any problem with walz.

there are many, many reasons to desire a transfer and we don't know hers -- or those of anyone else in the portal ... unless they tell us ... and it is really no one's business, after all.

Reaction Score
Wow. This portal thing is spinning out of control. I feel for the coaches. They invest their time and energy (not to mention schools’ money) to go and watch the players, compete with other coaches to recruit them, train them and hope to build teams/programs with them for years, and wake up one morning and find out their hope/dream that they have worked so hard for is gone. The NIL deal is making the matter worse. The NCAA needs to do something about this.
My experiences with recruiting are with college soccer so not certain it’s similar. During the recruitment process the head and assistant coaches were my kid’s best friend and as soon as they committed it was as if the coach didn’t know they existed. Off they were on the season and the next set of recruits. Not to suggest this exists with UCONN and Geno but I’ll bet it’s more prevalent than we think and the kids need to understand they won’t get spoon fed once they show up day 1 and they’ll get a different treatment than that of the recruitment process.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was just going to speculate, having finished 3 years, she may have enough credits to graduate. And now would be a good time to find a new challenge. Somewhere close to home? Or maybe building a superteam?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When she was in high school, Hailey Van Lith was recruited very heavily by Baylor. I believe that Kim and the entire staff flew up to visit her, but Hailey Van Lith wasn't convinced. She waited a long time to verbal. It seemed as if she wasn't sold on Baylor and was waiting for someone else. Did she not like Kim, or was it Waco? She may give Kim another look. Or not.

Jim

Reaction Score
Wow. This portal thing is spinning out of control. I feel for the coaches. They invest their time and energy (not to mention schools’ money) to go and watch the players, compete with other coaches to recruit them, train them and hope to build teams/programs with them for years, and wake up one morning and find out their hope/dream that they have worked so hard for is gone. The NIL deal is making the matter worse. The NCAA needs to do something about this.
I disagree. Coaches can’t stop investing their time and energy after the recruit signs the LOI, but need to follow through on their promises and keep their program where the recruit wants to remain. Sometimes that means being selective on who is allowed in, at the possible expense of not going after top talent. Fit can be more important than rankings. Moreover, 17 and 18 year olds grow and their priorities change. Statistics show that nearly 70% of college graduates have changed their major at least once.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’m super shocked! She’s also listed as “do not contact”. Wonder where she’s headed?

Now THIS is a shock!! :eek: She was their best player and the face of the team. Who's next? You know this is only the tip of the iceberg. How many more "high profile" players are going to announce they're entering the portal? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Last week it was reported that Jayda Curry, the star guard from Cal is transferring to Louisville. As a freshman she was the leading scorer in the PAC12 at 18 points/game. This year she averaged 15.5 points/game. A few years ago Kiana Smith, a McDonald's AA, transferred to Louisville from Cal and became their starting guard. There seems to be a Cal to Louisville pipeline.

Reaction Score
Wow. I wasn’t that surprised by Betts but I’m shocked by this one.

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
She'd be perfect for Mulkey's team but I think she goes home to Udub or Wazzu.

Reaction Score
i dont even know mean girls GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member