Hailey Van Lith in the Portal | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Hailey Van Lith in the Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is a nice 'story' but any particular player that can say that would be making a lot more money in the WNBA, because most of the NIL they have is going to continue into their pro career.

The twins in Miami are the new age Kardashian's it appears - famous for being famous and raking in a lot more than Angel is, and one of the two is a bench player.
The Cavinder Twins just checked out of UM, foregoing their fifth year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Many of the top MBA programs want two years of relatable business work experience prior to enrollment, so not sure the MBA route would work.
Hasn’t Hailey Van Lith been operating a very profitable NIL business for the last 3 years?

Reaction Score
Maybe some of these classes can be taken over the summer.
But LSU also has one of the top ranked online MBA programs so perhaps she could always finish up online from just about anywhere.
HLV has two years of eligibility remaining and could take two years to get a masters as Dorka did.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think this 'ball dominant' concept for Hailey Van Lith is a bit of a stretch - last year playing 31 minutes a game she shot 24% of the cardinal offensive possessions, it was only this year after Engster and Smith departed and she played 37 minutes per game that her shot attempts went to 30%. Zia Cook playing 27 minutes a game ended up taking 23% of the shots this year. That works out in shots per minute to .49 for Zia, while Haley this year was at .46 per minute, last year with a better supporting cast she was at .41 shots per minute.

So was Zia considered terribly ball dominant this year? She took 153 more shots than Boston.

I don't think Hailey Van Lith is coming to SC but if she did, I would expect her minutes to decline to a more reasonable number, but her usage would end up similar to Cook. And I suspect that if she transfers to any really good team, that would be the case. If she transfers to a lesser team than I wouldn't be surprised to see that team lean on her to nearly the same degree that Louisville did this year.
It isn’t just shooting though, she handled the ball far more than a player like Cooke did at SC. It’s a big part of why she’s averaged more assists/TOs as well. It might be overblown, but she took 30% of her team’s shots last year and had 26% of their turnovers. She was consistently involved more in every play than Cooke was. Maybe she’d fit in well at SC but I think there’d be a significant adjustment period of figuring out how she fits into their system and their offense.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
HLV has two years of eligibility remaining and could take two years to get a masters as Dorka did.
I’m probably reading into this too much, but the public comment from Walz about her final year of eligibility seemed a little odd to me, as it sends a signal to any future coaches that she’s likely bolting after 1 year, which is a message that should come directly from Van Lith rather than Walz announcing it for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom