Greg Swaim: Big12 About to Wake Up | The Boneyard

Greg Swaim: Big12 About to Wake Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Greg Swaim Show@GSwaim
What we've all been waiting for may be on the verge of coming to fruition, with the #Big12 finally getting in the game and blowing up#ACC.

Greg Swaim Show@GSwaim
Several schools who were less responsive to leaving now much more receptive to money (TV folks on board). #FSU #Clemson #GoCanes#GT

Greg Swaim Show@GSwaim
Sitting back waiting on this to happen, and finally looks like it's close with #Big12 raiding #ACC in a larger block than expected.

Greg Swaim Show@GSwaim
We'll have a story up over the weekend at http://GregSwaim.com as more details come in, but expect Bowslby to say more shortly. #Big12

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
that is a little surprising. Were these guys really spamming the board?

Reaction Score
If this DOES happen, I would have to say UConn, USF, UCF, Cincinnati and Houston may be the most likely candidates next in line for the ACC. UConn, USF, UCF and Houston would be perfect.

Reaction Score
That would be the beginning. Have to think uva and UNC would consider their options if the aforementioned comes to fruition.

I will shed a tear for the acc. Syke.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The two least reliable expansion prognosticators, Dude and Swaim, are tweeting each other like mad men. That pretty much guarantees nothing will happen.

Reaction Score
I am totally fine with blocking out s w a i m, the d u d e and m h v e r 3 . Until they get something right there is no reason to bring their trash here. If you want that go to the WVU board.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The two least reliable expansion prognosticators, Dude and S , are tweeting each other like mad men. That pretty much guarantees nothing will happen.

I didn't think SWIAM was from the same ilk?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I am totally fine with blocking out s w a i m, the d u d e and m h v e r 3 . Until they get something right there is no reason to bring their trash here. If you want that go to the WVU board.

But it is just so much easier to bring their s$&t over then to have to come up with our own theories that are wrong. It's called efficiency ;)

Also added to the list: . Are there any books we shouldn't read or reference here either?

Reaction Score
But it is just so much easier to bring their &t over then to have to come up with our own theories that are wrong. It's called efficiency ;)

Also added to the list: . Are there any books we shouldn't read or reference here either?

This brings up a good point. Whatever happened to Profanity Friday?

Reaction Score
So it will be Memphis, SMU, UCF and Cincy?

ACC doesn't do perfect.
We can only hope they come to their senses this time around.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

That must have been before my time. Maybe we can institute 'Fake the Filter Friday'?

Reaction Score
If this DOES happen, I would have to say UConn, USF, UCF, Cincinnati and Houston may be the most likely candidates next in line for the ACC. UConn, USF, UCF and Houston would be perfect.

You're not helping my bulimia one bit.

Reaction Score
S w a i m is legit.

He hasn't posted any realignment stuff in a long time. This is significant.

I just hope there's a spot left for us, if it happens, in one of the Big 4. The ACC won't look too pretty.

edit: Why is S w a i m blocked?

Reaction Score
You'll have to take that up with Jim Delaney.

I'm not talking to that guy again until he either

a) acknowledges my general perspicacity;

-- or --

b) takes that UConn invitation he's been sitting on over to the FedEx office.

Reaction Score
Swaim is at least somewhat legit, at leastI know he has a website and blogs pretty regularly about college athletics. Don't know if this is legit, though. here's the thing...$50 million is a big exit fee if you are getting paid 15 million, but if you're getting 20, it isn't so bad. You make it up after a pretty short time and after 5-6 years you are still ahead of the game.

caw

Reaction Score
is at least somewhat legit, at leastI know he has a website and blogs pretty regularly about college athletics. Don't know if this is legit, though. here's the thing...$50 million is a big exit fee if you are getting paid 15 million, but if you're getting 20, it isn't so bad. You make it up after a pretty short time and after 5-6 years you are still ahead of the game.

Assuming the difference is only 5 million, it's ten years before you break even. If the difference is 8 million it's still 6 years or so.

Now if Maryland gets out for 25-35, that's a much shorter time frame.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

There is a Boneyard banner up top, but only rarely does this board ever begin to resemble it.

There's no good reason to ban the mention of certain Twitter accounts and the heavy-handed profanity filter is childish.

It's so duck*ing strange.

Reaction Score
It would seem if enough members leave, they wouldn't have to pay exit fees. If you get 3/4 or whatever who want to leave, you could just vote down the exit fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom