OT: - great voices | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: great voices

Reaction Score
Rather some of the pretty voices on here, I prefer bluesy, unique voices. Such as this one. Noah Hunt. Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band, but Noah does most of the singing. (and then you get Kenny's guitar work)
To add to the 'Bluesy & Unique' theme:
Kent Dykes/Omar And The Howlers - Hard Times In The Land Of Plenty

Reaction Score
Rockabilly artist Robert Gordon with guitar work by Link Wray - Woman(You're My Woman)
I generally like deep, male voices. This isn't Basso Profundo, but he gets pretty low.

Reaction Score
I like Sammy Hagar for a bunch of reasons; car guy, rocker, musician, singer....
This is probably my most listened-to song of his. This is a live, almost acoustic version of 'Eagles Fly'
Very tasty guitar work from EVH near the end.
Sammy can get into the high registers pretty well, not so much in this version, but certainly in the studio version of this.

Reaction Score
Here's Steve Katz singing and The Blues Project playing an old chestnut (56 years ago, btw Catch the Wind is the first song Donovan ever wrote):

I haven't heard this in several years and am struck by the transmogrification of song lyrics from then to now. I try not to think it's a reflection of the degree we have changed as a society....

Reaction Score
Great stuff so far, folks! I've discovered a few new-to-me singers and been reminded of a lot of older ones.

I'm mildly surprised not to have seen Annie Haslam of Renaissance mentioned. Here she is:

Happy to see someone else knows of her and the incredible range she had at one point in time and can still belt it out. One of the great progressive rock bands of the early 70’s.

Reaction Score
Happy to see someone else knows of her and the incredible range she had at one point in time and can still belt it out. One of the great progressive rock bands of the early 70’s.

My favorite song by them, used to hear it quite a bit back in the 70's, and I still hear it on occasion on Sirius radio's "Deep Tracks":

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Another "raspy" voice that I love is Rod Stewart, this song that he did in the early days with his group Faces showcases that wonderful edge he has:

Great song, but I always loved this one:

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Recently came across Lily Allen and can't believe I hadn't heard her before.

Reaction Score
Both James Taylor’s. :cool:

IMG_5671.jpeg
IMG_5670.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member