OT: - great voices | The Boneyard

OT: great voices

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Post something by someone with a spectacular voice. What makes a voice is up to the listener, but has someone just taken your breath away or surprised the hell out of you?

I'll start with a twofer from a fairly obscure band (give me your best shocked face), Dark Sarah, from Finland. Heidi Parvianen is the soprano, JP Leppaluotu is a guest who became a band member on the next album. Don't be fooled by his vocals in the first minute or so, he's got some pipes.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here's a tearjerker from Steeleye Span. Maddy Prior has done so much incredible stuff, it's difficult to choose one song, but here it is. It would probably be something different tomorrow.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score

IMG_1267.jpeg

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Marlon Williams, undiscovered gem. If you appreciate Elvis and Roy, he's probably up your alley.

WOW! That's just beautiful, GK, nice find. I'll be looking him up.

Reaction Score
Was the question 'best voices of Canterbury Scene?'
Wasn't a bad singer in the bunch of them, either way. Good work

Last edited:

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
WOW! That's just beautiful, GK, nice find. I'll be looking him up.
Also, if you watched the most recent A Star Is Born....he shares the stage with another stunning voice, Brandi Carlile. Short clip here:

Reaction Score
Carrie Underwood with Vince Gill accompanying on "How Great Thou Art." The audience was fellow country music stars. They were on their feet for the final minute. She absolutely raised the roof. The last minute gives me chills.

Reaction Score
Jackie Evancho GOD BLESS AMERICA

Charise AND I'M TELLING YOU

Reaction Score
Another Baltimore artist. Not as underrated as the previous song but a great "Quiet Storm" song. Traci Hamlin was 18 years old when she made this.

Reaction Score
A little in left field but I have to give Two Tons of Fun some credit. They leter became the Whether Girls and had the super big hit "It's Raining Men". Sylvester said, these girls can sing.

Reaction Score
If you’re into opera, there’s only one that stands above all the rest. She actually saved the Metropolitan Opera from bankruptcy in the 1930’s. Though her legacy was tarnished due to her leaving the United States and returning to Norway during the war years, she was later found to be completely innocent of the charges and lies made up about her and her husband. Thankfully many of her recordings still exist.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom