And the Big East Tournament is dead.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The ACC has buyer's remorse I bet.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Worst case scenario. Now we're stuck in a watered down big east with no Big East tourney.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Where did the Big East Tournament go?

Add ECU and UCF as full members and go from there.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You have the insight of a 12-year old girl.

This isn't wrapping up in a week, ginger.

The Pac-12 statement basically took a direct shot at Texas/LHN.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Do people really think that the ACC did this on the spur of the moment, just guessing that the Pac-12 would go to 14 or 16? Jesus, these people are businessmen. It might not prove to be the smart decision but believe me, they thought it through first.

If they were counting on the Pac-12, they would have waited for the Pac-12.

Reaction Score
Asked this in another thread, but any chance Texas takes a spot in a 16 team acc.....in that case I assume with us on the outside looking in.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Texas will tell the PAC 12 when expansion is over. Not the other way around!

Reaction Score
Asked this in another thread, but any chance Texas takes a spot in a 16 team acc.....in that case I assume with us on the outside looking in.

The ACC fans certainly seem to think Texas is a possibility. But the only thing that's clear at this point is that Texas has morphed into ND south - they want a special deal wherever they go. I think Fishy is right, this will take quite awhile to play out. I also think it's very much in the interest of the Big East (at least at this point) to hold Pitt and SU to every second of their 27 month commitment. Who knows what the college landscape will look like by then.

Reaction Score
Do people really think that the ACC did this on the spur of the moment, just guessing that the Pac-12 would go to 14 or 16? Jesus, these people are businessmen. It might not prove to be the smart decision but believe me, they thought it through first.

If they were counting on the Pac-12, they would have waited for the Pac-12.

I'm not sure I agree with your last sentence. I'm sure the ACC thought it through in a general sense...but it wouldn't be surprising if the actual offers were an impulse buy based on the theory that the Big 12 was about to evaporate and set in motion a ton of conference moves. Thus, they decided they needed to flank the Big 10 (or whatever they are now), and quickly. Who knows what will develop, but never overestimate the competency of a "businessman". A lot more of them fail than succeed.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
So the Pac-12 isn't expanding.
The Big 12 isn't expanding.
Syracuse and Pitt are gone.
Nothing makes me happier than when zls44 is in complete melt down. If you've ever experienced him on the chat, it's when things start going well. Based on his reaction alone, I expect UConn to the ACC by Friday.

Reaction Score
Screw Texas to the ACC; bring Texas and OU to the Big East. Maybe get ND to hop on.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm not sure I agree with your last sentence. I'm sure the ACC thought it through in a general sense...but it wouldn't be surprising if the actual offers were an impulse buy based on the theory that the Big 12 was about to evaporate and set in motion a ton of conference moves. Thus, they decided they needed to flank the Big 10 (or whatever they are now), and quickly. Who knows what will develop, but never overestimate the competency of a "businessman". A lot more of them fail than succeed.

Fair enough and I understand the ACC was being proactive but they obviously believed Pitt and Syracuse were going to help bring in more cash. The ACC believed it needed to shore itself up, regardless of what was happening in terms of other conference expansion. It came as a surprise to everyone but it was clearly in the works for quite some time. They didn't pick up a Snickers at the register.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Screw Texas to the ACC; bring Texas and OU to the Big East. Maybe get ND to hop on.

why not, we would own both special programs, and gain Tx Tech too

come on TX, we'd love some LHN

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
why not, we would own both special programs, and gain Tx Tech too

come on TX, we'd love some LHN
In the contract we can guarantee their football team 7 wins a season.

Reaction Score
So the Pac-12 isn't expanding.
The Big 12 isn't expanding.
Syracuse and Pitt are gone.
This isn't over but recent events take the pressure off the ACC to add 2 more schools. The SEC and Florida State still have to make a decision. There will be more to come.

Reaction Score
Do people really think that the ACC did this on the spur of the moment.

ACC is the same conference that thinks BC brings the Boston Market and Syracuse is New York City's college football team. So the answer is YES!

Reaction Score
This isn't over but recent events take the pressure off the ACC to add 2 more schools. The SEC and Florida State still have to make a decision. There will be more to come.

FSU can't be happy with the current makeup of the ACC. They added two "basketball schools" (and that is really what Cuse and Pitt are right now) that do not help football. I wonder if they are taking a closer look at the SEC because of this.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Where did the Big East Tournament go?

Add ECU and UCF as full members and go from there.
Absolutely not. They bring nothing to us except weak academics and no additional markets. Sure drop 2 of the best bball programs and solid universities for 2 more DePauls.

Reaction Score
The ACC seemed to want to stay at 12 so its possible they picked up cuse and pitt with the expectation that fsu and vt? Would leave for the sec

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What about Memphis? And keeping it at 16. And telling nd to join as a full member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom