Great Jeter Commercial | The Boneyard

Great Jeter Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gee, the season long Jeter BJ continues with a contrived commercial. I'm sure Michael Jordan gives two shts about Jeter retiring.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Jordan named his last son "Derek Jeter Jordan".

Reaction Score
Gee, the season long Jeter BJ continues with a contrived commercial. I'm sure Michael Jordan gives two shts about Jeter retiring.

Get over it.

Reaction Score
Hey! Cleveland gave him a pinstriped electric guitar!!! The Angels gave him a paddleboard!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yeah, there was never any connection between the two before now..........

Reaction Score

The way all the fans in Minny and all the all stars in MLB feel about the guy and yet you have your own little island Deep? Lonely place I'm guessing……...:cool:

Reaction Score
The way all the fans in Minny and all the all stars in MLB feel about the guy and yet you have your own little island Deep? Lonely place I'm guessing……...:cool:

Did you hear the fan yell "overrated!" when he got his first hit? I'm not alone, my friend.

Reaction Score
Did you hear the fan yell "overrated!" when he got his first hit? I'm not alone, my friend.
Overrated? Please. Everyone, probably including himself, knows he's not the best shortstop in the AL now, but the All-Star game is first and foremost an entertainment event. Whatever you feel about the guy, in the next month he'll be 6th all-time in hits. (And yes, he's played a number of years, but everyone else in the top 10 played longer). During his entire career, he's been an impeccable representative of the sport. As much as anyone, he deserves a tip of the hat.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The resentment is amazing.

The Sox actually have won a few titles now but their fans are still the as small minded, petty and miseerable as they were a decade ago. They are the PC fans of major league baseball.

Reaction Score
The resentment is amazing.

The Sox actually have won a few titles now but their fans are still the as small minded, petty and miseerable as they were a decade ago. They are the PC fans of major league baseball.

I'm not a Sox fan.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I'm not a Sox fan.

If true I apologize to all Sox fans on the board.

Are you merely a miserable fan of some other team or are you just trying to get a reaction by being inflamatory on a message board?

Reaction Score

Are you merely a miserable fan of some other team or are you just trying to get a reaction by being inflamatory on a message board?

Or maybe I don't fawn all over Jeter like a fanboy.

Reaction Score

I am pretty sure he is a Mets fan.

Reaction Score
Me too. Great commercial and Derek deserves the respect. Next year it will be much easier to hate the Yankees again.

Let's not get carried away with the lovefest...easy to hate them now too....

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Like Deep, I am a Mutts fan. Unlike Deep, I think Jeter deserves the respect; and when that fan yelled "overrated" the split second before he hit that double I thought it was a perfectly fitting moment. The guy delivers and does all those things that sound cliche, but imo it is real and it matters.

My favorite part of the commercial was the blurred out Mr. Met hat tip. Hysterical.

I hate the Yankees with the white-hot heat of 1,000 suns, but I have a ton of respect for a handful of their former and soon-to-be former players. Mariano, Jeter, O'Neill and Bernie are the ones who come to mind.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
I 'm a sox fan too. And I think the yanks fans should be taking this win gracefully. Two full years of congratulating the great ambassadors of the game.

Most sox fans have great respect for DJ and Mo last year. The ones that don't are jealous that we will probably never see a great play out their whole career in a sox jersey.

But it's hard to take the enormity of the lovefest while seeing yanks fans here endlessly bash players like Ortiz. Sure the guy is whining , but he's no Arod either.

Reaction Score

Do you want to really know is overrated in NY, David Wright. Over the last 5 years he averages .293 BA 77 Runs 18 HR 77 RBI. And that is not including this year which is even worse.

And that gets him a $140 million contract. Now that is overrated.

Reaction Score
Do you want to really know is overrated in NY, David Wright. Over the last 5 years he averages .293 BA 77 Runs 18 HR 77 RBI. And that is not including this year which is even worse.

And that gets him a $140 million contract. Now that is overrated.

That's fine. No argument here.

Reaction Score
I 'm a sox fan too. And I think the yanks fans should be taking this win gracefully. Two full years of congratulating the great ambassadors of the game.

Most sox fans have great respect for DJ and Mo last year. The ones that don't are jealous that we will probably never see a great play out their whole career in a sox jersey.

But it's hard to take the enormity of the lovefest while seeing yanks fans here endlessly bash players like Ortiz. Sure the guy is whining , but he's no Arod either.

Hey ARod is NOT a Yankee……..Ortiz is a Red Sock……..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom