Great Jeter Commercial | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Great Jeter Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
am I the only one who thinks he's completely over-rated?

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Arod was absolutely a Yankee in '13 when he was caught.

I give every player who got caught early a pass. I'm sure there were lots of guys who didn't get caught who were doing it. Doesn't matter, it was a different culture then.
Anyone who was caught after the culture changed was just plain stupid. And that includes Arod. But It wouldn't be fair to hold that against the yankees. I believe Arod was stupid without any organizational encouragement.

If Ortiz gets caught in the post steroid era i will be the first to agree he is not only stupid but also an a hole.

Reaction Score
Arod was absolutely a Yankee in '13 when he was caught.

I give every player who got caught early a pass. I'm sure there were lots of guys who didn't get caught who were doing it. Doesn't matter, it was a different culture then.
Anyone who was caught after the culture changed was just plain stupid. And that includes Arod. But It wouldn't be fair to hold that against the yankees. I believe Arod was stupid without any organizational encouragement.

If Ortiz gets caught in the post steroid era i will be the first to agree he is not only stupid but also an a hole.

Ortiz won't get caught post steroid era nor will any of the other obvious users………these guys have something else and they figured a way around it but that's baseball now. Has ARod ever tested positive? I ask that seriously as I am unsure as to whether he did as far as "post era".

And I agree it's not fair to hold the Yankees accountable nor any other organization. But signing these guys is chancy nowadays! Eventually the testing will figure it all out………of course unless they just don't care to!!

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
You're right that they could catch anybody eventually, just like with Lance Armstrong. But there are guys getting caught now.

Arod didn't test, he was ratted and doubled down even after seeing what happened to Clemens for doubling down. Both guys were trying to protect HOF legacies.

I'm sure Ortiz did it and lied about it that was the culture. And whether fair or not he wasn't put in a situation where he had to lie under oath and keep making up stories.

But why are you so certain he is still using where other guys who had long steady careers but not necessarily power are beyond suspicion?

Reaction Score
I guess the truth is I'm not sure………maybe it's unfair because of the culture but to me his name was on there and he did when he started to get power. He didn't have power in Minny for the most part so it suddenly entered as he played with Manny, and it hasn't gone away so I assume. He's not the only one mind you, there's so many guys it's hard to believe otherwise. I laugh when I see Gomez in the All Star game, looking a lot bigger than he was when he couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper bag………the list goes on and on……..I love Mike Trout and the way he plays but unfortunately for him he's in an era where you're that good and that strong the question marks are there, hope not but it's reality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom