great for the BE but.... | The Boneyard

great for the BE but....

Reaction Score
St johns beating Purdue in 3rd quarter, but I notice in the box score that all 8 players who have been in for St. John's so far are seniors. Is that really correct? What are they doing for next year. This may belong in General, but it is BE related and that could make in UConn related.

Reaction Score
St johns beating Purdue in 3rd quarter, but I notice in the box score that all 8 players who have been in for St. John's so far are seniors. Is that really correct? What are they doing for next year. This may belong in General, but it is BE related and that could make in UConn related.
What are who doing for next year?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Big East games/topics are ok here in the post season. Now that the regular season is over, topics will slow down so we open this board up for closely related topics

Reaction Score
St John’s has only 4 returning players next year unless some seniors take their available 5th year

I assume they have some kids coming in and could maybe pick some up from the portal or recruit some walk-ons? I dunno. I can't imagine they would consider disbanding the team for lack of players.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nice win by SJ over Purdue to get the BE off on the right foot. Geno, in defending the charge that the BE is a weak conference, said something to the effect of, “Wait until everyone has to play these teams in the tournament.”

Joe Tartamella is an excellent HC from a conference that is full of excellent HC’s. UNC better not sleep on the Johnnies, or they’ll be heading back to Chapel Hill early.

Last edited:

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
...and if that Purdue player doesn't try to punch air and miss (by accidentally hitting a STJ player), Purdue probably wins.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall won game 1 of the NIT against St Joes. Great 1st qtr but a little sloppy after that.

Reaction Score
I think Joe went into the stall game a little too soon. It seemed to me that PU got the momentum. STJ was playing great. I would’ve stayed aggressive.
Yes, my wife agrees with you. But a W is a W. GO BIG EAST!
...and if that Purdue player doesn't try to punch air and miss (by accidentally hitting a STJ player), Purdue probably wins.
Agreed. But the refs saw on replay that they blew the call and choose to call the Offsetting Technical
fouls to soften the mistake. Yes that could have been 4-5 Purdue Points and a HUGE momentum
changer!

Reaction Score
Looked like a good block to me. Didn’t see or hear anything in the replays.
I was shouting at the TV. Nice to see the refs " correct" for the error. it was
Solomon like, they had to make a unique call to balance the mistake or
they would have had HUGE egg in their collective faces if PURDUE had
gone on to win because of that "FOUL" on a great, athletic blocked shot
by St. Johns.

sun

Reaction Score
It appears that St. John's has ~6 players that transferred into their program. The transfer portal males it easier for teams to recruit upperclassmen if really needed.

Reaction Score
I was shouting at the TV. Nice to see the refs " correct" for the error. it was
Solomon like, they had to make a unique call to balance the mistake or
they would have had HUGE egg in their collective faces if PURDUE had
gone on to win because of that "FOUL" on a great, athletic blocked shot
by St. Johns.
Yup! That’s what you call anticipating a foul, but not actually seeing a foul. “There is no way she could have blocked the shot without fouling”. Yeah, whatevs! :mad: Get your buttocks down court and get into position to see the play! Bad calls like that happens waaaay too much. There was a play in the same quarter where Petree drove the lane and used her off hand to clear the defender before she spun for a bucket. It was a clear offensive foul, but they didn’t call it.

Reaction Score
Certainly unique info but with the Huskies in the NCAA's, can't we find more interesting topics to discuss?

Reaction Score
Yup! That’s what you call anticipating a foul, but not actually seeing a foul. “There is no way she could have blocked the shot without fouling”. Yeah, whatevs! :mad: Get your buttocks down court and get into position to see the play! Bad calls like that happens waaaay too much. There was a play in the same quarter where Petree drove the lane and used her off hand to clear the defender before she spun for a bucket. It was a clear offensive foul, but they didn’t call it.
If they really wanted to correct the "error" they should have called an inadvertent whistle and called off the the foul on the outstanding hustle play and clean block, and just forget the "technical" and "intentional" offsetting fouls which would have never happened if the zebra didn't blow the call. So glad the SJ player came back in, after calming down, and hit two huge shots, including the winning basket. Just like the the baseball umpire who was suspended for a egregious call in a Southland Conference game last week, this official should receive the same punishment. She was horrendous!

Reaction Score
I think Joe went into the stall game a little too soon. It seemed to me that PU got the momentum. STJ was playing great. I would’ve stayed aggressive.
Yeah. I was surprised too. I get the intent behind it all but like you said and I agree, in these types of games (tournament setting) you got to be aggressive. Pour it on! Otherwise, like Arizona on the men's side of basketball, you are looking at an early off-season.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
IMO the refs made an obvious mistake after the call on Everett. The right thing to do would be to overturn their call and admit the mistake. We see in other sports when the ref or umpire miss a call it is reviewed and if theyre wrong overturned. The right thing wouldve been to overturn the call and drop both "T"s .

Reaction Score
IMO the refs made an obvious mistake after the call on Everett. The right thing to do would be to overturn their call and admit the mistake. We see in other sports when the ref or umpire miss a call it is reviewed and if theyre wrong overturned. The right thing wouldve been to overturn the call and drop both "T"s .
Everett deserved that technical even if they overturned their call. I understand that she was upset because it was a bad call but that does not excuse bad behavior.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom