The Big Lebowski
Billy Madison
Tommy Boy
Dumb and dumber
Hear no evil, see no evil
Borat

All classics!

Reaction Score
Warren Beatty, Julie Christie, Jack Warden, James Mason, Vincent Gardenia, Charles Grodin, Dyan Cannon. Great cast too. The one from the 1940's was not called Heaven Can Wait, I believe it was called "Here Comes Mr Jordan". This is a remake of that film.

I saw the Warren Beatty version of Heaven Can Wait for the first time over the weekend. It is a good and entertaining movie, as several people have noted here. Best thing about this movie are Charles Grodin and Dyan Cannon, and their comedic efforts to dispose of the well to do Leo Farnsworth. As mentioned before, this version of Heaven Can Wait is a remake of a 1941 movie called Here Comes Mr. Jordan, and it follows the plot of that movie pretty closely, keeping the same names of the main characters. The main difference is that in the first movie Joe Pendleton is a boxer, while in Heaven Can Wait, he is a football player. While Joe Pendleton/Leo Farnsworth plays the saxophone (badly) in both movies, it is also a more important plot element in the Mr. Jordan version. Of the two films, my preference is definitely for Here Comes Mr. Jordan, which for me is very close to being one of the great comedies of all time.

Reaction Score
My favorites have all been mentioned. I always enjoy watching these because Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau. No one is better at arguing during family games than Vince.

Couples Retreat
The Break-Up
Four Christmases

I'll also admit to laughing at:

Bridesmaids.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My favorites have all been mentioned. I always enjoy watching these because Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau. No one is better at arguing during family games than Vince.

Couples Retreat
The Break-Up
Four Christmases

Bridesmaids.
You should watch "Rudy" both Vaughn and Favreau were in that. Favreau was hilarious in that movie.

Reaction Score
Hot Rod is one of the most overlooked comdies post-2000. I think it's Andy Samberg's best work.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Heaven Can Wait doesn't get the credit it deserves for promoting dolphin-safe tuna.

Reaction Score
You should watch "Rudy" both Vaughn and Favreau were in that. Favreau was hilarious in that movie.
I did not know that, thanks. I know they were both in Swingers.

Reaction Score
I just watched Swingers for the first time. Pleasantly surprised considering I'd never heard of it before.

Chef is my favorite Favreau movie, at least as an actor

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
How did My Cousin Vinny not make the list? It is one of the funnies movies out there.

I'll also throw a vote in for The Producers

Reaction Score
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Death to Smoochy

Clerks

Bruce Almighty

All of the Austin Powers films

Ice Pirates

Galaxy Quest

Snatch

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lots of people posting list of movies I'd agree among best comedies ever, but include two movies I find completely un-funny. Help me out, give me a funny scene or explain that I need to be drunk or under some influence.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - guy acts pathetic, Russell Brand acts obviously obnoxious - which one is funny. I don't think I've ever made it thru to end but seen from at least 3/4 of movie from the beginning.
Oh Brother Where Art Thou - I've tried like 3 times, can't get past 15 minutes, I think I just don't like the music.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Lots of people posting list of movies I'd agree among best comedies ever, but include two movies I find completely un-funny. Help me out, give me a funny scene or explain that I need to be drunk or under some influence.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - guy acts pathetic, Russell Brand acts obviously obnoxious - which one is funny. I don't think I've ever made it thru to end but seen from at least 3/4 of movie from the beginning.
Oh Brother Where Art Thou - I've tried like 3 times, can't get past 15 minutes, I think I just don't like the music.

Russell Brand is hilarious in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I am generally a big fan of Brand as an actor in movies, although I never saw his TV Show. I liked him in FSM, and liked his Arthur a lot better than Dudley Moore's Arthur.

The scene where Brand is leaving the hotel and speaks with Segal's character, comparing Marshall to Himmler, is hilarious. I love the song too.

Reaction Score
Wedding Crashers, cracks me up every time.

Anyone mention Hall Pass? Some hysterical dialogue.

Reaction Score

Couples Retreat
The Break-Up
Four Christmases

Bridesmaids.
Those are, all of them, pretty junky movies right there.

Why do you have to admit to laughing at Bridesmaids, like it was some sin to do so? That’s the only one of those worth watching.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone ever seen Arsenic & Old Lace - it's pure slapstick - starting Cary Grant.

Reaction Score
Anyone ever seen Arsenic & Old Lace - it's pure slapstick - starting Cary Grant.

Very good frenetic movie. Cary Grant excelled in stuff like this. I like it quite a bit, and it is one of my wife's favorite comedies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I wanted to like Forgetting Sarah Marshall, but I just couldn't do it. Kristen Bell, Mila Kunis, Paul Rudd, Jason Segel (a bit of a one trick pony but usually likable), good cast. I didn't find it funny. I guess full frontal male nudity is supposed to be hilarious?

Reaction Score
I wanted to like Forgetting Sarah Marshall, but I just couldn't do it. Kristen Bell, Mila Kunis, Paul Rudd, Jason Segel (a bit of a one trick pony but usually likable), good cast. I didn't find it funny. I guess full frontal male nudity is supposed to be hilarious?
It's one of the funniest movies I've ever watched. The rock opera and Kunu are so funny to me. I love this scene. Trailing off singing "The weather outside is weather" had me cracking up for so long

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's one of the funniest movies I've ever watched. The rock opera and Kunu are so funny to me. I love this scene. Trailing off singing "The weather outside is weather" had me cracking up for so long

Maybe my funny bone is busted. I don't find most "comedies" these days to be very funny.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Maybe he is, I dunno. Never watched "How i Met Your Mother"...but if you get a chance check out Rudd and Segel in "I Love You, Man."

OT Surprisingly Good Movies

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Those are, all of them, pretty junky movies right there.

Why do you have to admit to laughing at Bridesmaids, like is was some sin to do so? That’s the only one of those worth watching.
I agree they are not awesome movies, but I still think they are funny as .

Move yourself. You always live your life. Never thinking of the future.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Maybe he, i dunno. Never watched "How i Met Your Mother"...but if you get a chance check out Rudd and Segel in "I Love You, Man."

That was fairly amusing. Rashida Jones being in it was a big plus for me. To me Segel has basically had the same persona in everything I've seen him in. I like his character from HIMYM, but it gets a bit old eventually. I didn't see "The End of the Tour" where he probably did show some acting range. "The Five-Year Engagement" was decent too, but another big assist to his female costar in that one (Emily Blunt).

Reaction Score
Been scrolling so maybe I missed these, but you have to include Harold & Kumar go to White Castle, the Naked Gun movies, Top Secret & Monty Python & the Holy Grail (I'd be shocked if that not already listed)..
This is hit or miss, but I thought Being John Malcovich was hysterical...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom