Grad Transfer Evelyn Adebayo commits to UConn | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Grad Transfer Evelyn Adebayo commits to UConn

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I am confused about the evaluation of Evelyn by the staff as well if she is only getting almost zero playing time this year. Carnac is obviously a fraud. He cannot really see the future:p
The UCONN staff probably though the same thing many of us did that Evelyn would be helping more than she is. I think @DavidinNaples started a thread regarding this. There were also many BY posters that cautioned that Murray State AIN'T UCONN and Evelyn might not measure up to being a UCONN contributor. BTW Evelyn only played one season at Murray State. Prior to Murray State she had two undistinguished seasons at Gardner-Web.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It is hard enough to try to learn the UConn system as a freshman where you pretty much did not learn anything and play on instinct in HS. I imagine it is much harder as a transfer to unlearn college systems to fit into the UConn system.

Also, correct me if I am wrong but I think Geno sometimes recruits solely for bench depth which is what we desperately needed at the time and in some sense Evelyn can still give us at end of games.

However, as far as I can see, both Aubry and Anna are better in every skill I can think of than Evelyn seems to be and Kyla is far more experienced in our system and can shoot from 3.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
To me, this shows just how large the disparity in talent is between the Top 10 programs in the country and the Mid-Major's. Evelyn was an all conference selection who averaged 18 points and 11 rebounds at Murray State. At UConn, she is the last person off the bench. Another example is Natalie Butler leaving UConn as a role player off the bench and becoming the A10 Player of the Year at George Mason while having probably the best season of any George Mason player ever.
I mean, think about it. Her competition for playing time include two best-in-class recruits (MW & CW), a 3rd best senior (CD), a top 5 (ONO), a consensus better-than-the-top-30-she-was-ranked in Aubrey, and Mukarat, who was a pretty top international player. And Molly and Kyla are both seniors who know the system really well. To me, it seems like she was an insurance 3rd string big in case both ONO and Kyla had injuries and/or fouling issues, especially with Batouly being out with injury yet again. I think the coaching staff knew exactly what they were getting, and she did too - a chance for a free master's, experience being coached by the game's all-time best, and a possibility to be part of a championship run. Seems like everyone is getting something of value from this.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I am confused about the evaluation of Evelyn by the staff as well if she is only getting almost zero playing time this year.

Carnac is obviously a fraud. He cannot really see the future:p

Thanks for the support. I'm the only poster in the BY that predicted she would be an asset to the team this year.

Reaction Score
To me, this shows just how large the disparity in talent is between the Top 10 programs in the country and the Mid-Major's. Evelyn was an all conference selection who averaged 18 points and 11 rebounds at Murray State. At UConn, she is the last person off the bench. Another example is Natalie Butler leaving UConn as a role player off the bench and becoming the A10 Player of the Year at George Mason while having probably the best season of any George Mason player ever.

maybe so but consistently throw a decently skilled player with desire out there for 30+ minutes (especially an inside player) and they will rack up some numbers against most opponents.........remember she played well against Tennessee and Kentucky last year

Reaction Score
I mean, think about it. Her competition for playing time include two best-in-class recruits (MW & CW), a 3rd best senior (CD), a top 5 (ONO), a consensus better-than-the-top-30-she-was-ranked in Aubrey, and Mukarat, who was a pretty top international player. And Molly and Kyla are both seniors who know the system really well. To me, it seems like she was an insurance 3rd string big in case both ONO and Kyla had injuries and/or fouling issues, especially with Batouly being out with injury yet again. I think the coaching staff knew exactly what they were getting, and she did too - a chance for a free master's, experience being coached by the game's all-time best, and a possibility to be part of a championship run. Seems like everyone is getting something of value from this.
I only want to see her smile a little more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom