GoT Season Seven | Page 2 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm at the point where I don't even care what he does with the books anymore.

The show writers have fixed a lot of Martin's mistakes. Sansa was even more useless in the books than the is in the show, and has been boxed into a corner in the books where I don't see how she can credibly emerge. Brienne chews up about 200 pages of A Feast For Crows walking around in circles. There are more examples.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The show writers have fixed a lot of Martin's mistakes. Sansa was even more useless in the books than the is in the show, and has been boxed into a corner in the books where I don't see how she can credibly emerge. Brienne chews up about 200 pages of A Feast For Crows walking around in circles. There are more examples.

I didn't even finish the first book it was so boring. Honestly, the guy created a cool storyline, but he's not a very gifted writer. He meanders all over the place and it distracts from the story he's telling. It works better on HBO.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Has Jon Snow ever won a battle?

Battle of the Wall - draw heading to a loss until Stannis arrived.
Battle of Hardhomme - hardcore kicking at the hands of the White Walkers
Battle of the Bastards - Snow's stupidity almost caused total annihilation of his army before getting rescued by Sansa.

Snow is 0-3.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Battle of the Bastards - Snow's stupidity almost caused total annihilation of his army before getting rescued by Sansa.

Snow is 0-3.

He was dramatically outnumbered and looking at certain defeat in each of those cases.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Snow is 0-3.
Yeah, but he won it all in 2014.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Beta John snow. Whe he gets together with dany this year he will definitely be the bottom

Reaction Score

Snow is 0-3.

I can't call the first two battles losses.

At Castle Black he was outnumbered and surrounded, still managed to hold the fort.
At Hardhomme he was outnumbered but still saved thousand of Wildlings.
I agree regarding the Battle of the Bastards, that was horrible leadership.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
List of key GoT characters, in likelihood of dying this season:

1) Queen of Thorns - she has just about played out her usefulness in the show. There was a rumor that Sam's father was going to take over the Reach as an ally to the Lannisters. not sure if I believe it.

2) Bronn - feels close to next on the list for "shocking second tier character death that won't be that surprising."

3) Littlefinger - for a while I thought he might win, but I suspect Varys is going to say something clever to Littlefinger as his life leaves him.

4) Tormund - on borrowed time. He survived the White Walkers and the Battle of the Bastards, but now he is near TWO Starks, with Arya on her way back. Proximity to multiple Starks is more than any character can survive.

5) Cersei - not sure what she will do with the dragons. She will die late in the season.

6) Danerys - She has martyr written all over her. I think she will survive this season, but I don't think it is likely she makes it to the end of the show.

7) Grey Worm - he will bite the dust when Dany bites the dust.

Not sure:

The Hound - if he and Arya ever meet up again, they would be unstoppable.

Tyrion - he has kind of been the narrator of the show, and the narrator usually makes it.

Dorne sluts - don't care

Euron - He is interesting enough to have a 3 or 4 episode arc that ends with him in a horrible death. Don't know when that will happen.

Lord Royce - Is he really one of the top 15 most important characters left?

Safe:

Sansa and Jon Snow - Dumb and dumber will survive and somehow be happy at the end, and it will really piss me off. The best I can hope for is she ends up stuck marrying Robin from the Vale. The show would make more sense if Bear-girl ended up in charge of the North than these two idiots.

Jaime - the biggest screwup in the Lannister clan will live happily ever after on some farm with Brienne. That has been my prediction for years.

Reaction Score
New Season 7 trailer released today:

Lotta dragons, lotta fighting, lotta fire and snow.

To get back to the topic of the books and if they'll be finished, I believe, as soon as this season starts, it will kill the interest in the remaining two books. Unless GRRM can get Winds of Winter into stores sometime in the next 3 weeks, I won't be in much of a hurry to read it, if it ever comes out.

The book will have a lot more detail, backstory and even be a little different than the TV show, but the main direction and plot points will be the same. I don't think the differences are enough for people to pick up the books. If the Harry Potter movies outpaced the books, I don't believe as many copies would have been sold if people already knew what happened in The Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows from the theater.

Reaction Score

Snow is 0-3.

This is exactly like the football board. Snow wins the Battle of the Bastards, but he got lucky in someone's view so he doesn't get credit for it. We wouldn't have won the 2016 AAC championship except Jalen Adams made a lucky bomb.

August_West

Reaction Score
Unless the night king claws sansas eyes out this show is a fail. Even with her surviving deplorables like Joffrey and Ramsay She hasn't suffered nearly enough for what she did to her family.

August_West

Reaction Score
Come to think of it I'd rather have arya make Sansa pay. They've always hated each other.

Reaction Score
New Season 7 trailer released today:

Lotta dragons, lotta fighting, lotta fire and snow.

To get back to the topic of the books and if they'll be finished, I believe, as soon as this season starts, it will kill the interest in the remaining two books. Unless GRRM can get Winds of Winter into stores sometime in the next 3 weeks, I won't be in much of a hurry to read it, if it ever comes out.

The book will have a lot more detail, backstory and even be a little different than the TV show, but the main direction and plot points will be the same. I don't think the differences are enough for people to pick up the books. If the Harry Potter movies outpaced the books, I don't believe as many copies would have been sold if people already knew what happened in The Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows from the theater.

"As the lone wolf dies, the pack survives..."
Any odds on who that lone wolf is, or was that shot of Jon Snow's back prophetic?

August_West

Reaction Score
Any odds on who that lone wolf is, or was that shot of Jon Snow's back prophetic?

do you really want it answered?

The whole season plot has been leaked.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Just finished re-watching season 6, and it was just as awesome on the 2nd viewing. The only problem was that I started it last week so I would have plenty of time to watch the whole season before July 16th, but I watched it too fast and now have to wait 3 weeks until the next season starts. What I'm more excited about than anything next season is seeing Arya roaming around Westeros the enemies or her and her family. That Walder Frey death scene was so unexpected when I first saw it and so good.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Unless the night king claws sansas eyes out this show is a fail. Even with her surviving deplorables like Joffrey and Ramsay She hasn't suffered nearly enough for what she did to her family.

That ending wouldn't be credible. Everyone knows that after about a week with Sansa the Night King would completely lose his , find the nearest blade of dragon glass he could, and stab himself right in the scalitoing temple.

Reaction Score
TV Guide provides a preview in this week's edition. Don't read if you don't like spoiler conjecture. They seem VERY interested in doings of the character on their cover.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
She's a decent consolation prize at the end of the night if you strikeout with the real prizes. Nothing special in a decent sized bar or club filled with young women her age. But nothing you have to lie about either.
You always have to lie about gingers.

Reaction Score

The Lone Wolf is Arya. That line is a direct quote of Ned Stark from the first book. He tells it to Arya after Arya has a fight with Sansa, and Arya periodically recalls it in later books (e.g., she consciously tries to turn Hot Pie and friends into her pack). It'll either prove prophetic or, more likely, she will finally rejoin her family for the fight.

August_West

Reaction Score
The Lone Wolf is Arya. That line is a direct quote of Ned Stark from the first book. He tells it to Arya after Arya has a fight with Sansa, and Arya periodically recalls it in later books (e.g., she consciously tries to turn Hot Pie and friends into her pack). It'll either prove prophetic or, more likely, she will finally rejoin her family for the fight.

Most likely a sansa screw up will cost arya her life

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom