Got a conundrum here | The Boneyard

Got a conundrum here

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So, I’ve moved to the Orlando area, as many know, and I’m married to a guy from South Bend IN who grew up an ND fan. (He attended Georgetown, but that’s another story). Anywho, the only ND team he roots for now is football. As it turns out, ND is playing Iowa State in a bowl game here and we have tickets.

My conundrum is this; I kinda root for ND football (except when they played UConn. We both wanted the Huskies to win for different reasons) so should I just wear a generic blue shirt or do I proudly wear my Huskies gear. I want to wear the Huskies shirt but my husband gave me the fish eye. He’ll roll his eyes and live with it though

so, whattya think?

Reaction Score
So, I’ve moved to the Orlando area, as many know, and I’m married to a guy from South Bend IN who grew up an ND fan. (He attended Georgetown, but that’s another story). Anywho, the only ND team he roots for now is football. As it turns out, ND is playing Iowa State in a bowl game here and we have tickets.

My conundrum is this; I kinda root for ND football (except when they played UConn. We both wanted the Huskies to win for different reasons) so should I just wear a generic blue shirt or do I proudly wear my Huskies gear. I want to wear the Huskies shirt but my husband gave me the fish eye. He’ll roll his eyes and live with it though

so, whattya think?
Years ago I attended a Univ. Maryland vs. West Virginia football game. I went to the game with my son, who graduated WVU and my daughter who went to Maryland. They both wondered what gear I would wear. I had a tee shirt maker print a shirt with Maryland on the front and WVU on the back. Problem solved!

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
First and foremost, we love ya no matter the outfit.
I personally don't like ND football because they snub too many programs, that they are "too good" for. But, that's not the question. It sounds like you will be rooting for ND, against Iowa? Yeah, wear the UConn gear and use it as an opportunity to confuse the ND crowd (easily done). I enjoy people's reaction to such displays.
Enjoy the game!!!! Should be good.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not sure why one would wear UCONN gear to a game UCONN is not playing in??? Probably should go with either ND or Iowa St. gear. Personally I hate ND football much more than I could care less about Iowa St football. (although I believe one of my nieces/nephews graduated from there??)

How about just a nice blouse and some capri pants? I mean it is FL. :cool:

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score

so, whattya think?

Enjoy the game. Until last night, when the plans fell through, it appeared that my wife was going to attend the Navy vs Notre Dame football game next year in Dublin. Rooting for Navy would have been an easy choice for her since her travel companion works for the Naval Academy.

A few years ago, I went to a UConn - Syracuse basketball game at the Carrier Dome. I was decked out in my UConn attire. (Truth in advertising, I was surrounded by a phalanx of Cuse fans led by my son-in-law, so no one hassled me.)

All kidding aside, the worst I've ever experienced wearing UConn blue at away games is good natured kidding, including games in Tennessee.

I vote you wear your UConn gear.

Reaction Score
1577456014926.png

Reaction Score
Years ago I attended a Univ. Maryland vs. West Virginia football game. I went to the game with my son, who graduated WVU and my daughter who went to Maryland. They both wondered what gear I would wear. I had a tee shirt maker print a shirt with Maryland on the front and WVU on the back. Problem solved!

Was that the bowl game in Jacksonville? My father and I and my son went to that. A Maryland blowout of WVU?

Reaction Score

so, whattya think?

Two different sports; two different worlds. No one in the world will ever get angry at you for wearing a UConn shirt at a football game- any football game!! Might evince many expressions of pity and kindness for being a supporter of one of the very worst football teams in American college football!

Not a biggie...Wear a UConn women's basketball shirt! No one will mind.

Reaction Score

so, whattya think?
Since the football game has nothing to do with UConn, wear Notre Dame gear. Unless you just want to get attention for yourself as a big UConn fan. And if there is any comparison between UConn and Notre Dame football teams, UConn is ranked 125 out of 130 DI college teams, Notre Dame ranked 20th.

Reaction Score
This one is actually easy. The mystery in the conundrum lies elsewhere. (Look, to the best of my knowledge, you and I have never met...I’ve never laid eyes on you. All evidence, however, points one to the conclusion that you are indisputably of the female persuasion. As such, you have given your husband the fish eye and worse hundreds of times...it’s what girls do. So what’s the big deal about being on the receiving end for ONCE?)

Now, for certified ND haters, like me, one’s disdain is rooted in the reality that ND fans, always aggrieved, feel that their team annually deserves to be in the NCAA championship game, irrespective of the fact that great lizards were still roaming the earth the last time they played in one. For that very reason, the fact that they are forced to play in the Bubba’s Fried Chicken Bowl against some team named Iowa State (???) is the kind of humiliation that their fans richly desrve, and offers the rest of us cause for celebration, even jubilation!

Therefore, you should not only don ND gear, but you should lay it on thick, very thick, even matching little ND earrings. The best part being, of course, that the poor guy’ll know you’re lying through your teeth, which will only add to the humiliation factor! Now, Go Iowa State!!!

Conundrum solved!

Reaction Score
Why wear a UConn shirt in the first place? Back your husband, UConn isn’t playing.

Reaction Score
When Katie Lou Samuelson played against sister Karlie in the 2017 tourney, their father and older sister wore specially made "Stan-Conn" T-shirts which showed each team's logo with that daughter's number under it.

Elsewhere, their father once suggested he could wear a UConn hat with a Standord shirt (or maybe vice-versa: I forget).

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="cabbie191, post: 3377957, member:]
All kidding aside, the worst I've ever experienced wearing UConn blue at away games is good natured kidding, including games in Tennessee.[/QUOTE]

You got lucky. At 2 UConn games at TBA I got treatment ranging from good natured to mean spirited to physically threatening. I’ll admit I didn’t just sit there quietly like a good little UCONN fan. My rooting was unrestrained, and I’m sure if I had been stomped to death and thrown over the railing it would have been considered by the locals to have been provoked.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Be tough on him like you are on some BYers and do what you think is best.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Since these types of clothing choices should be completely voluntary and not coerced, I'm always in favor of people wearing what they want to wear. Your post says you want to wear the UConn gear, so...

But I get it, there's the whole relationship dynamic to protect. For some insight, let's flip the script. What if your husband wanted to wear a ND shirt to a UConn WBB game? Would you be cool with that?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
But I get it, there's the whole relationship dynamic to protect. For some insight, let's flip the script. What if your husband wanted to wear a ND shirt to a UConn WBB game? Would you be cool with that?
In Connecticut, no. Neutral site, I would roll my eyes and live with it. The point is moot, though, because he actively dislikes the ND women since two of its fans were rude and nasty to us and the people near us at a game in Hartford. The male ND fan was borderline threatening to a woman in front of him that stood up to cheer. Jerks.

Plebe

Reaction Score
In Connecticut, no. Neutral site, I would roll my eyes and live with it. The point is moot, though, because he actively dislikes the ND women since two of its fans were rude and nasty to us and the people near us at a game in Hartford. The male ND fan was borderline threatening to a woman in front of him that stood up to cheer. Jerks.
All the more reason never to wear any ND gear! But alas, I may be projecting.

Plebe

Reaction Score
You got lucky. At 2 UConn games at TBA I got treatment ranging from good natured to mean spirited to physically threatening. I’ll admit I didn’t just sit there quietly like a good little UCONN fan. My rooting was unrestrained, and I’m sure if I had been stomped to death and thrown over the railing it would have been considered by the locals to have been provoked.
Ha this sounds like something I would've done. Now I want to go to Knoxville for next year's game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom