Got a conundrum here | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Got a conundrum here

Reaction Score
Many moons ago, I attended the ND vs Air Force Academy game with an old high school friend that was teaching at the academy. The seats were in the staff section. My AFA professor/classmate and I rooted for ND. When others questioned us, all we said was "How do you not root for Joe Montana?"

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Many moons ago, I attended the ND vs Air Force Academy game with an old high school friend that was teaching at the academy. The seats were in the staff section. My AFA professor/classmate and I rooted for ND. When others questioned us, all we said was "How do you not root for Joe Montana?"
You graduated from USAFA? I have a brother that graduated in 1975.

Reaction Score
Have you considered wearing Orange so you would be easier to find in the crowd?

Reaction Score
So, I’ve moved to the Orlando area, as many know, and I’m married to a guy from South Bend IN who grew up an ND fan. (He attended Georgetown, but that’s another story). Anywho, the only ND team he roots for now is football. As it turns out, ND is playing Iowa State in a bowl game here and we have tickets.

My conundrum is this; I kinda root for ND football (except when they played UConn. We both wanted the Huskies to win for different reasons) so should I just wear a generic blue shirt or do I proudly wear my Huskies gear. I want to wear the Huskies shirt but my husband gave me the fish eye. He’ll roll his eyes and live with it though

so, whattya think?
Wear the ND Green or Gold you are after all ROOTING for ND (as many a Uconn FB or MBB fan is currently doing) . Wear your Uconn Women's BB shirt under the ND and at half time switch to UConn.

Reaction Score
Ha this sounds like something I would've done. Now I want to go to Knoxville for next year's game.
No problem I wear my Uconn Women's Basketball Sweat each time I visit the Knoxville Area--they are getting very familiar with that logo. I visit there a couple of times a month, more in the spring

Reaction Score
You graduated from USAFA? I have a brother that graduated in 1975.
I did not graduate from USAFA. I was an Oregon Duck. and I was just getting out of the army in 1975.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's easy, he played for ND.

Reaction Score
So, I’ve moved to the Orlando area, as many know, and I’m married to a guy from South Bend IN who grew up an ND fan. (He attended Georgetown, but that’s another story). Anywho, the only ND team he roots for now is football. As it turns out, ND is playing Iowa State in a bowl game here and we have tickets.

My conundrum is this; I kinda root for ND football (except when they played UConn. We both wanted the Huskies to win for different reasons) so should I just wear a generic blue shirt or do I proudly wear my Huskies gear. I want to wear the Huskies shirt but my husband gave me the fish eye. He’ll roll his eyes and live with it though

so, whattya think?
If it has to be a UConn gear, has to be Women's basketball. Likely would start some interesting conversation based on championships, Geno, etc. UConn football gear not likely to lead to any positive.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
After much dithering, I’m wearing my Boneyard classic (golf outing) tee. It has the fierce husky on the back with the Boneyard URL and the front says Boneyard. I can represent without being obnoxious. Problem solved

Reaction Score
I’m shocked at all the bad advice you are getting here on the BY. Shocking!:eek: Iowa State= Great people. ND is home of Skylar Diggins- you just can’t rock that gear!

Skylar gets all the negative attention from UCONN fans, I guess because of her game face and projected "Mean Girl" attitude. But it seems to me it was always McBride that did us in when ND beat UCONN. Somehow she gets a pass, but probably because she did what she needed to do quietly. I never rooted for ND to beat UCONN even though I'm an ND grad, but I've got to give credit where credit is due. FWIW, my experience at ND took place many decades ago during a period of civil unrest and social activism. There were jerks as on any college campus, but there were a lot of good people too, and many more of them. I don't recall anyone walking around with a chip on his shoulder (no women at the time), thinking we were better than anyone else. BTW, as a student there, I had the privilege of watching Austin Carr play basketball for three years. Some of you older folk might remember him.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

so, whattya think?
I admire the need to promote your UConn fandom but the school has no dog in this fight. Its like wearing a suit to a picnic because you're an attorney.

No need to worry about whether to wear UConn gear or not.

Reaction Score
Try the hat opposite shirt thing. Or if u really support ND football show it.

Reaction Score

so, whattya think?
I say wear what Geno would wear...….
GENO NOTRE DAME SHIRT.jpg

Reaction Score
I dislike all ND - but I'd recommend wear the ND. UCONN is not involved and you like ND football.

Reaction Score

so, whattya think?
One of the things that make a marriage successful is that each person allows the other to be themselves. If your wearing a shirt you like really upsets your husband that much you will have to make the decision and if you decide not to I guarantee it that you will resent it.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Not sure why one would wear UCONN gear to a game UCONN is not playing in??? Probably should go with either ND or Iowa St. gear. Personally I hate ND football much more than I could care less about Iowa St football. (although I believe one of my nieces/nephews graduated from there??)

How about just a nice blouse and some capri pants? I mean it is FL. :cool:
Ok, we must now part ways here my former BY colleague! When I attend all Maryland Terps women’s games I proudly wear my UConn T-shirts and Blue Husky pullover. It absolutely is a conversation starter (and ended!) about WCBB. Plus blue Always looks good (except for Carolina or Duke Blue).... ;)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’ve seen Louisville shirts, Iowa, Michigan, and a couple others. No one’s said anything about the UConn husky but I did get a couple double takes

Reaction Score
Enjoy, Nan!!! Have a Blast!!! My niece (clarinet) & nephew (tuba) are there; they both play with the ND band. They're having a blast! In all objectivity, ND does have an impressively composed fight song!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom