Got a conundrum here | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Got a conundrum here

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The real ND

und.jpg

Reaction Score
So, I’ve moved to the Orlando area, as many know, and I’m married to a guy from South Bend IN who grew up an ND fan. (He attended Georgetown, but that’s another story). Anywho, the only ND team he roots for now is football. As it turns out, ND is playing Iowa State in a bowl game here and we have tickets.

My conundrum is this; I kinda root for ND football (except when they played UConn. We both wanted the Huskies to win for different reasons) so should I just wear a generic blue shirt or do I proudly wear my Huskies gear. I want to wear the Huskies shirt but my husband gave me the fish eye. He’ll roll his eyes and live with it though

so, whattya think?

That a girl, you set him straight. Merry Christmas.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
When Katie Lou Samuelson played against sister Karlie in the 2017 tourney, their father and older sister wore specially made "Stan-Conn" T-shirts which showed each team's logo with that daughter's number under it.

Elsewhere, their father once suggested he could wear a UConn hat with a Standord shirt (or maybe vice-versa: I forget).
Katie Lou and Karlie never played each other in college. Both UConn and Stanford lost the Final Four games that year. Their dad did a lot of traveling and had a UConn sweatshirt on and a Stanford t-shirt on, underneath but I believe this was at an elite 8 game that UConn played when Holly Rowe interviewed him.

Reaction Score
So, I’ve moved to the Orlando area, as many know, and I’m married to a guy from South Bend IN who grew up an ND fan. (He attended Georgetown, but that’s another story). Anywho, the only ND team he roots for now is football. As it turns out, ND is playing Iowa State in a bowl game here and we have tickets.

My conundrum is this; I kinda root for ND football (except when they played UConn. We both wanted the Huskies to win for different reasons) so should I just wear a generic blue shirt or do I proudly wear my Huskies gear. I want to wear the Huskies shirt but my husband gave me the fish eye. He’ll roll his eyes and live with it though

so, whattya think?
If UConn isn’t in the game, what would be the point of wearing UConn gear?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

so, whattya think?

1577467603575.png

No doubt your husband has learned by now to carefully pick his battles. As you said, he knows where your heart is, go with it!!

Wear it BOLDLY and proudly!!! "Husky" is part of your Boneyard handle. Embrace it!!! If anyone has the stones to snicker at you, simply hold up 1 finger. Which one you hold up is up to you. We are #1 at the moment. ;)

BTW, We're all glad wearing ND green was NOT being considered as one of your choices. You may have been asked to turn in your UConn BY membership ID card. :confused:

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If UConn isn’t in the game, what would be the point of wearing UConn gear?

Just to show where your true allegiances lie. Trust me..... every WCBB game I go to I wear Duke gear.. regardless of who is playing .... even at a Elon vs C of C game.

Reaction Score
Ha this sounds like something I would've done. Now I want to go to Knoxville for next year's game.

I think their anger issues stemmed from the fact that their beloved team was getting its butt kicked by UCONN (both times - “punch something orange” game and “mooing” game) - the absolute worst thing imaginable for a hard-core Vole. Mmmm - delicious...

We should definitely come to Knoxville en masse next year. Evina will need our support.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

so, whattya think?
I recommend wearing the Lady Huskies UCONN shirt. UCONN played ND in football? I must assume you were switching gears and meant UConn vs, ND in Basketball. Go UCONN all the way. Marriage be damned. Good luck at Disney.

Reaction Score

so, whattya think?
It sounds like your husband is more than fair when it comes to your strong loyalty to Uconn. Why not use this as a chance to reciprocate and wear a generic blue shirt ( or if you have one—heaven forbid— a Notre Dame one.) By the way, hope you both have a very happy New Year and thank you for all you do for UConn fans!!!!

Reaction Score
Proudly wear ND colors. It's a football game and UCONN is not involved. I'm a Notre Dame grad going back to the real glory years of Father Hesburgh and Ara Parseghian. However, my oldest graduated from UCONN, so it's all about UCONN WBB when UCONN plays ND. You can have split loyalties. Besides, it's good karma, even when you lose. Last year I attended a ND-Miami football game in Miami with my wife, who is a Miami grad and several other Miami supporters and, quite frankly, ND was awful and lost big-time.. At half-time I made the journey to the Men's room wearing my ND shirt and hat only to be verbally abused by drunken Miami frat boys who were experimenting with their first beers (the line was long, which made it worse). I silently cursed them in my head (OK, I did have a few words of my own in retort as well), and held my head high as I departed. That was the beginning of the end for Miami football. They've looked mediocre since. Yesterday's game (Miami v. Louisiana Tech, a 14-0 Miami loss) was the punctuation point. Support your hubby but proudly wear UCONN colors when the women play ND in basketball.

Reaction Score
I say wear Blue! I’m rooting for ND in the bowl game sorry. My Dad who passed last year at 92 played basketball for ND! He was on their travel team as it was called then and played at the original MSG! Pretty cool! We had a very friendly rivalry ND/ UCONN women. Well, I won-out most of the time! We laughed! I miss him a lot! Go ND In the football bowl! I think it’s going to be a close one!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Proudly wear ND colors. It's a football game and UCONN is not involved. I'm a Notre Dame grad going back to the real glory years of Father Hesburgh and Ara Parseghian. However, my oldest graduated from UCONN, so it's all about UCONN WBB when UCONN plays ND. You can have split loyalties. Besides, it's good karma, even when you lose. Last year I attended a ND-Miami football game in Miami with my wife, who is a Miami grad and several other Miami supporters and, quite frankly, ND was awful and lost big-time.. At half-time I made the journey to the Men's room wearing my ND shirt and hat only to be verbally abused by drunken Miami frat boys who were experimenting with their first beers (the line was long, which made it worse). I silently cursed them in my head (OK, I did have a few words of my own in retort as well), and held my head high as I departed. That was the beginning of the end for Miami football. They've looked mediocre since. Yesterday's game (Miami v. Louisiana Tech, a 14-0 Miami loss) was the punctuation point. Support your hubby but proudly wear UCONN colors when the women play ND in basketball.
My husband has disliked Miami since the mid-1980’s Convicts vs Catholics games. He’s been enjoying the Hurricane’s downwards trajectory

I don’t own an ND shirt and have no plans to buy one

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
You got lucky. At 2 UConn games at TBA I got treatment ranging from good natured to mean spirited to physically threatening. I’ll admit I didn’t just sit there quietly like a good little UCONN fan. My rooting was unrestrained, and I’m sure if I had been stomped to death and thrown over the railing it would have been considered by the locals to have been provoked.

About seven or eight years ago, I went to a football game in Knoxville — Tennessee vs. Montana. After Montana was (unsurprisingly) pummeled on the field, the heckling, shouting, and general unpleasantness as we walked back to the car was appalling. There isn’t even any history there...

I have a tshirt that says “Sorry Not Sorry” that I’ll (hopefully) be wearing at TBA next January in support of Evina. If I’m going to get anywhere as much crap as we got from the football fans, I’m going to earn it.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
My husband has disliked Miami since the mid-1980’s Convicts vs Catholics games. He’s been enjoying thei Hurricane’s downwards trajectory

I don’t own an ND shirt and have no plans to buy one

Me either!! ;)

Reaction Score
Seriously HuskyNan its only a game.....
Wear what makes you happy!
I’m very proud my Dad was a ND basketball
player. Not many people can say that.

arch

Reaction Score
Years ago I attended a Univ. Maryland vs. West Virginia football game. I went to the game with my son, who graduated WVU and my daughter who went to Maryland. They both wondered what gear I would wear. I had a tee shirt maker print a shirt with Maryland on the front and WVU on the back. Problem solved!
So, you love your daughter more.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I’m shocked at all the bad advice you are getting here on the BY. Shocking!:eek: Iowa State= Great people. ND is home of Skylar Diggins- you just can’t rock that gear!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom