Goodman: 8 Pitt players transferring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Goodman: 8 Pitt players transferring

Reaction Score
There's still some significant talent in play.

Plus grad transferpalooza is coming.

But the Pitt administration has to be patient and let this guy actually run through a full recruiting cycle.

The problem is that any recruit with significant talent is not going to sign on to a ghost team.

They are entering the process USF and Memphis went through late last year.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The problem is that any recruit with significant talent is not going to sign on to a ghost team.

Let's just say, hypothetically, Hurley is the guy at Pitt (let's assume Uconn gets donovan so we don't derail this thread with despair).

That's 7 guys right off the bat (3 pitt returning, 4 URI recruits).

They can get a handful of grad transfers and already be a legit team.

It really feels weird being the positive one in a discussion. This is not my normal element. ;)

the Q

Reaction Score
And some deal of no expectations for 3-4 years besides building the program back up. Oh wait they just fired the guy for doing that under the same agreement. Yeah they are actually worse off than us.

Yes.

I'm just saying that Pitt team was so poorly constructed that getting basically an entire clean slate makes the job more attractive, not less IMO.

But every person will look at it differently.

Reaction Score
Let's just say, hypothetically, Hurley is the guy at Pitt (let's assume Uconn gets donovan so we don't derail this thread with despair).

It really feels weird being the positive one in a discussion. This is not my normal element. ;)

Should be interesting..

It looks more like USF 2.0 (and bear in mind Gregory is getting good recruits... had the best freshman in the league this year...) because everyone is so young (and the older guys are low hanging transfer fruit).

Reaction Score
If Wilson-Frame is part of the group and is immediately eligible I'd be very into it
hes from hartford too. he could be very into it as well

Reaction Score

You're assuming URI is going to let players out of Letters of Intent to play for Hurley? And that Hurley would even ask for that? That's a huge assumption.

the Q

Reaction Score
You're assuming URI is going to let players out of Letters of Intent to play for Hurley? And that Hurley would even ask for that? That's a huge assumption.

Like it was with MAL?

the Q

Reaction Score

But it is fair point. It is a large assumption.

it's just an example of quickly they could, hypothetically, fill out the roster and not be a "ghost roster" for very long.

Reaction Score
They are going to be at the bottom of the ACC for such a long time.
Pitt is in the ACC. UConn is in the AAC. Pitt has P5 money. UConn is broke. Pitt is at the bottom of the ACC. UConn is near the bottom of the AAC. Boneyarders think a guy with a busted shoulder is going to miraculously lead UConn to the promised land of the NCAA tourney. Pitt will likely get all new players and start over. UConn will have the same players that they had last season for the most part. I wouldn't be mocking Pitt.

the Q

Reaction Score
Pitt is in the ACC. UConn is in the AAC. Pitt has P5 money. UConn is broke. Pitt is at the bottom of the ACC. UConn is near the bottom of the AAC. Boneyarders think a guy with a busted shoulder is going to miraculously lead UConn to the promised land of the NCAA tourney. Pitt will likely get all new players and start over. UConn will have the same players that they had last season for the most part. I wouldn't be mocking Pitt.

That was kind of my point.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t want Stevenson. The guy plays like a bull in a china shop, and I don’t mean that in a good way. He’s either launching bad threes or putting his head down and charging into the lane where he throws up a bad shot.

As for the other Pitt guys, Carr was fairly well regarded as a prospect and could be a good player. I was never overly impressed with his game, but he also likely would have seen much less time and more development in a program that wasn’t a tire fire. Parker Stewart will be a player, but he seems ticketed to Memphis. Beyond those two, there wasn’t a whole lot there...Terrell Brown looked like a functional big man at times, but no different than Whaley looked for us at his high points

Nice summary thank you. As i sad I didn't see a lot so I appreciate the insight to their games.

Reaction Score
We will always mock Pitt because we can.

Reaction Score

And yet it seems to be the national concensious that UConn is a better job than Pitt (and the UConn athletic department generates more revenue that Pitt's).

What does that say about Pitt?

temery

What?
Reaction Score

UConn has a much better history of success and support for it's teams. And turning around a team in the AAC, that won a national championship just four years ago, would be a realistic goal.

The ACC is owned by Duke and UNC. The only advantage to coaching in the ACC, outside of money, apparently, is it's much easier to make the tournament as a crappy team. The thrill is often short lived, with a quick and embarrasing loss.

The selling point I keep hearing is the ACC offers greater exposure to a national audience. That's not a good thing if you suck.

Reaction Score
fwvDxqd.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom