Goodman: 8 Pitt players transferring | The Boneyard

Goodman: 8 Pitt players transferring

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Definition of a blank slate. Either a terrifying or enticing depending on what you're looking for.

Considering how bad they were, probably enticing.

You get the Pitt name, and P5 money and facilities, and you basically get to pick your roster.

Hurley could bring in all his recruits, plus guys transfer over, and get some grad transfers to start filling out and you can build out from there.

How many of those Pitt guys would you want to keep anyway?

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Can't help but wonder if they already know who the new coach is gonna be and decided to head for the hills.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
As we would hope to re-recruit anyone who is leaving the new Pitt coach will also be able to try to keep these players.

Reaction Score
If Wilson-Frame is part of the group and is immediately eligible I'd be very into it

I like this. He's a local kid. Good family! Good player with a good attitude. Would be a great addition to UConn

Reaction Score
Sources: 7 more Pitt players ask for release
The three returning players who have not asked for their release, according to sources, are junior Jared Wilson-Frame, the team's leading scorer, and reserve freshmen Samson George and Peace Ilegomah -- who combined to play just 185 minutes this past season.

Reaction Score
Not really. Frame shoots 37% from the field and 32% from 3. Doesn't make up for the lack of making shots by rebounding either with 3 a game. He shot 240 3's or smooth like that, yikes. Seen couple of decent games and I've seen some dreadful. I mean I get the local theme but take that away and then think about it.

Freshman Stevenson has decent numbers at 8.5/4.4 and is 6'6 230 young enough to mold? Haven't seen them enough to say yey or ney but nothing really comes flying out as a yes.

Reaction Score

You get the Pitt name, and P5 money and facilities, and you basically get to pick your roster.

Hurley could bring in all his recruits, plus guys transfer over, and get some grad transfers to start filling out and you can build out from there.

And hire KO as his top assistant to help recruit the grad transfers.

the Q

Reaction Score
To me this makes that job more attractive. You don't have to keep nearly as much dead weight as it's running itself off.

This is an almost unprecedented opportunity to basically get a P5 expansion program.

Reaction Score
To me this makes that job more attractive. You don't have to keep nearly as much dead weight as it's running itself off.

This is an almost unprecedented opportunity to basically get a P5 expansion program.

Not this late in the recruiting cycle.

Their best/only option is to do what Memphis did this year.

Fill out the roster with Jucos.

They should probably hire Tubby Smith, as he is proven with that blueprint.

Odds are they are going to be bad for a long time.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Not really. Frame shoots 37% from the field and 32% from 3. Doesn't make up for the lack of making shots by rebounding either with 3 a game. He shot 240 3's or smooth like that, yikes. Seen couple of decent games and I've seen some dreadful. I mean I get the local theme but take that away and then think about it.

Freshman Stevenson has decent numbers at 8.5/4.4 and is 6'6 230 young enough to mold? Haven't seen them enough to say yey or ney but nothing really comes flying out as a yes.

I wouldn’t want Stevenson. The guy plays like a bull in a china shop, and I don’t mean that in a good way. He’s either launching bad threes or putting his head down and charging into the lane where he throws up a bad shot.

As for the other Pitt guys, Carr was fairly well regarded as a prospect and could be a good player. I was never overly impressed with his game, but he also likely would have seen much less time and more development in a program that wasn’t a tire fire. Parker Stewart will be a player, but he seems ticketed to Memphis. Beyond those two, there wasn’t a whole lot there...Terrell Brown looked like a functional big man at times, but no different than Whaley looked for us at his high points

the Q

Reaction Score
Not this late in the recruiting cycle.

Their best/only option is to do what Memphis did this year.

Fill out the roster with Jucos.

They should probably hire Tubby Smith, as he is proven with that blueprint.

Odds are they are going to be bad for a long time.

There's still some significant talent in play.

Plus grad transferpalooza is coming.

But the Pitt administration has to be patient and let this guy actually run through a full recruiting cycle.

Reaction Score

And some deal of no expectations for 3-4 years besides building the program back up. Oh wait they just fired the guy for doing that under the same agreement. Yeah they are actually worse off than us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom