Good news | The Boneyard

Good news

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
UConn Nation,
I just read a tweet from Justine Ward. According to Geno, Lou should return for the game against Notre Dame, and Batouly has been practicing and will play against Nevada :).

May someone post the actual tweet via twitter for me.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
UConn Nation,
I just read a tweet from Justine Ward. According to Geno, Lou should return for the game against Notre Dame, and Batouly has been practicing and will play against Nevada :).

Here is a screen capture of the hopeful tweet. Thanks for the heads up

upload_2017-11-26_23-41-18.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think ND’s in trouble with, or without Lou in the Husky lineup. Without Turner, they were not good defending Wilson in the post last night. Z & Pheesa will have a field day against the Irish and Gabby & Kia will do a much better job defending Ogunbowle & Young than SC did.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn is way to quick and way to fast for most teams. ND will not score 65 pts against UConn and UConn will not score less then 70 pts against ND and the game is in CT. The advantages UConn has is theyre big, quick, fast, under control,very good ballhandler, confident in their execution, and coachable.

Reaction Score
That is hopeful and likely, not a for sure thing. I hope they don't come back before they are completely healed and can go at game speed.
Agree... "Hopeful" and "likely".... these words sound great, but don't give me a warm fuzzy that we will see either player yet, especially Sweet Lou draining 3s from all over the court. Also fear both may play a bit tentative in the beginning not wanting to reinjure.

Imagine Geno's delimna when all players all back to 100 percent!!! But the problem for every one else...who do they plan to take away?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think ND’s in trouble with, or without Lou in the Husky lineup. Without Turner, they were not good defending Wilson in the post last night. Z & Pheesa will have a field day against the Irish and Gabby & Kia will do a much better job defending Ogunbowle & Young than SC did.

The stats at the half had Wilson with 5 points, so ND was doing something right or Wilson only showed up in the second half. 29 for her in the second half. She says she does not want to be SC's Lebron. Message to A'je: You are. Embrace it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
UConn is way to quick and way to fast for most teams. ND will not score 65 pts against UConn and UConn will not score less then 70 pts against ND and the game is in CT. The advantages UConn has is theyre big, quick, fast, under control,very good ballhandler, confident in their execution, and coachable.
So you're predicting 71-64?

Reaction Score

As much as I would like to believe the above I feel it's more like whistling past the graveyard.
The fast, aggressive and experienced guard play of ND permitted them to hang a big number on SC. That and the fact that they also out-boarded SC showed their attitude.
I hope Lou is ready and able.

Last edited:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Great news! She is quoting Geno, who is a straight shooter and not a wild eyed optimist.

I can live with "hopeful" and "likely". I was starting to think Oklahoma December 19, so this gives way more optimism for me at least. Lou is being such a great teammate but she must be really chomping at the bit.

Even without them, I don't see a matchup that Notre Dame can feel good about, except maybe Young. Last year, Kia and Gabby made it a long night for Mabrey and Ogunbowle (5 for 22 from the field, combined 11 points), and our bigs are longer and quicker. Our defense will be the story, we need Gabby to stay out of foul trouble. Hope the XL Center crowd gets loud and raucous.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Samuelson’s injury may turn out to be a blessing in disguise for UConn. Instead of getting more limited minutes off the bench, it has accelerated Stevens’ blending into the flow of the regulars by playing extended starter minutes.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wish the OP had put what the good news was in the title - it's a HUGE deal to have Camara ready for Nevada. Those of us at the UCLA game in person noted that even tho she had the huge knee brace on, she still was doing all the warm up drills, which was great to see. Nevada will be a GREAT game for her to get her feet wet - they are way overmatched, and UCONN can afford to have her play thru mistakes, should she make any.

Let's remember how ragged Z has looked this season. Sure she was POG vs. Michigan State, but prior to that, it was up and down for her. I expect the growth curve to be similar for Camara. Fortunately, she will be asked to do less than Z was asked to do. Focus on rebounding and defense IMHO.

I'm very excited that both of them should be playing by our Dec 3 game vs. ND...

Reaction Score
Samuelson’s injury may turn out to be a blessing in disguise for UConn. Instead of getting more limited minutes off the bench, it has accelerated Stevens’ blending into the flow of the regulars by playing extended starter minutes.
Probably, but it sure will be good to see Katie Lou back in uniform - hopefully against Notre Dame Sunday!

upload_2017-11-27_9-56-27.png

Reaction Score
UConn Nation,

SHORTY: nice going on that heads up - interesting news for sure.

Reaction Score

DUDE: You sound kinda like TONYC there. Hope you've nailed it. Oh, and can you send me some of that bamboo you feature in your avatar - I DO like the way you think!!

Reaction Score
Agree... "Hopeful" and "likely".... these words sound great, but don't give me a warm fuzzy that we will see either player yet, especially Sweet Lou draining 3s from all over the court. Also fear both may play a bit tentative in the beginning not wanting to reinjure.

Imagine Geno's delimna when all players all back to 100 percent!!! But the problem for every one else...who do they plan to take away?

PA HUSK: you want warm and fuzzy, get in off that covered bridge you show. Where in PA is that? Nice shot.

Reaction Score
Great news! She is quoting Geno, who is a straight shooter and not a wild eyed optimist.

I can live with "hopeful" and "likely". I was starting to think Oklahoma December 19, so this gives way more optimism for me at least. Lou is being such a great teammate but she must be really chomping at the bit.

Even without them, I don't see a matchup that Notre Dame can feel good about, except maybe Young. Last year, Kia and Gabby made it a long night for Mabrey and Ogunbowle (5 for 22 from the field, combined 11 points), and our bigs are longer and quicker. Our defense will be the story, we need Gabby to stay out of foul trouble. Hope the XL Center crowd gets loud and raucous.
Don't forget; last year ND did not have to take into account Azura Stevens, either.

Reaction Score
. Hope the XL Center crowd gets loud and raucous.

HUSK: Agree with your view on this, as is often the case. By the way, always figured you as a fan of "loud and raucous" with that ten gallon and wild rag of yours - good stuff.

HGN

Reaction Score
Will be good to see KLS just run, break a sweat and test the foot. Maybe get just a few minutes.
Z certainly has played well in her absence. Getting confidence , acclimated ,
and more game experience with her teammates. Which makes this team nothing short of
AWESOME.

Reaction Score
right now, I'm more curious about Batouly. Lou is fantastic; we know that. But what do we know about Batouly? She hasn't played competitively in 18 months. She was initially recruited by UConn, which is an endorsement, and had a promising (though certainly not stellar) freshman year at Louisville. We're very much hoping that she adds a physical presence underneath, as backup this year and as getting serious minutes her final 2 years (assuming she stays her red-shirted senior year). If Z leaves after this year (unlikely), Batouly will be urgently needed next year; and certainly the year after. So, let's hope she gets started quickly this year; remember that Natalie also got hurt just after she came off her red-shirt year and effectively lost that entire first year. I'm not expecting the same here, however, but am anxious to see her. Tomorrow night would be a great opportunity for her to get the adrenaline rush out of the way.

Reaction Score
UConn Nation,

Shorty---this isn't Good News---it's Great News--superb about KLS, now I'll finally see what Touly has to offer. Thanks, you made my day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom