Good news | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Good news

Reaction Score
So we're back to the pre-season debate... who doesn't start? Remember, the Core 4 plus Saniya did a pretty good job against the "bigs of TX, USC, Baylor.." last season. Now it's Core 4 PLUS Danger (note bold capital letters...i.e., a Bigger Plus)... so it might be safe to think if all are healthy, they can still handle those teams. If one is not healthy, Z starts. BUT... if all are healthy, AND it's deemed we need Z for the size, then who sits? Not to start this thread again. Would hate to see Lou fall victim to losing her job because of an injury and never getting back in (i.e., Wally Pipp).
Not at all, no pre season debate, Z needs the in game teaching/chemistry, KLS needs a rest and recovery. Yea they struggled a bit; but the Baylor game wasn't about the CORE 4, Danger won that game.
Who sits, for the next few games of KLS recovery, you pick them---you'll argue any choice.
So let Geno pick them. It is just a bit of not realizing the reality of last year--the lack of bench and size. Had Z been in the final game--the certainty (if she was up to speed, as I want her now to be) that Miss St game gets the W.
Lou WILL NEVER LOSE her position as long as she's fully healthy--why do you think that way? Wall Pipp!l
Reading is Fundament!

Reaction Score
GoU: get out! Bloom or at Geisinger in Danville? Most everyone around those parts was born there, unless you go back to my Nana's days; she was born in a dresser drawer in Riverside. Guess my great grandma was quite tiny.
I could challenger her for tiny: 3 lbs 6 oz, didn't hang over dad's hand. Shoe box, for me. \Day after delivery, I'm home.

Reaction Score
Yuck...Yuck...

Me thinks Wally was in a different Pipp family. Wally played baseball for NY Yankees, starting 1st Baseman. he led the American League in homeruns in 1916 and 1917. In 1925 he got a "day off" because he allegedly had a headache... and he never started for the Yankees again...some guy named Lou Gehrig started in his place and the next 2129 consecutive games.

PAHUSK: Was just playing with you. And I do know well the tale about Pipp and the Iron Horse.
Except for the headache......could not have told you that was the reason Wally had the day off. In fact, I thought there was some debate about that, but my memory is beyond foggy on that (and on many other things). Perhaps you or others can shed additional light on that grand old piece of baseball lore?

Reaction Score
PAHUSK: Was just playing with you. And I do know well the tale about Pipp and the Iron Horse.
Except for the headache.could not have told you that was the reason Wally had the day off. In fact, I thought there was some debate about that, but my memory is beyond foggy on that (and on many other things). Perhaps you or others can shed additional light on that grand old piece of baseball lore?

I used "allegedly" because there is some uncertainty about why Pipp was "rested" on that day, but the following is from ...What Happened to Wally Pipp After He Was Benched?

"Wally Pipp may be the only baseball player famous for sitting the bench. As the legend goes, Pipp was the New York Yankees’ longtime first baseman when, on June 2, 1925, he called in sick with a headache. Yanks manager Miller Huggins rested Pipp, recommended he pop an aspirin, and penciled in fresh talent. That “fresh talent” was a little known slugger named Lou Gehrig. The Iron Horse tore it up and didn’t leave the lineup for another 14 years. Meanwhile, Pipp lost his job and his pinstripes."

Now Pipp’s name is a running joke. He’s a darling cautionary tale: If you’re hurt and don’t suck it up, someone else will do your job—and they may do it better."

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The Pipps weren't such a bad bunch, what with Gladys and all....(this should be a lay up for anyone looking to pick a nit)
Well, if nobody else is going to, I'll go. The Pips had only two P's.

Reaction Score
GoU: get out! Bloom or at Geisinger in Danville? Most everyone around those parts was born there, unless you go back to my Nana's days; she was born in a dresser drawer in Riverside. Guess my great grandma was quite tiny.

I'm not sure actually. We moved away while I was still a baby.. But I never hear anyone mention Bloomsburg..lol

Reaction Score
Well, if nobody else is going to, I'll go. The Pips had only two P's.

GUS: by golly you found one of them and picked it right up. VERY good. Hadn't even noticed that one. Your compositions are surely well regarded as well ( : though a bit weighty at times.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure actually. We moved away while I was still a baby.. But I never hear anyone mention Bloomsburg..lol

GoU: good to hear back on that. And not much reason to "mention Bloomsburg" - though they do have a fine and large annual fair, a college with "Huskies" as mascot (how bout them apples?), some good eateries etc.

Would be interested to know if you find you were born at Geisinger - would be surprised if you weren't.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I thought Touly went to Kentuck?? Am I having medicine problems AGAIN??
I'm curious too. Touly has a huge boneyard rep to live up to much like Mykala---I'm hoping to see a glimpse of that rep..
Please, since the death of Adam West, BC has secured a provisional patent for the name BatCam.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I used to have that "two P" problem, but the doc gave me some meds. now I wake up to P only once a night.
That's funny. I never had a P problem at all until the Doc gave me some meds and now I wake up to P three times a night.

Reaction Score
That's funny. I never had a P problem at all until the Doc gave me some meds and now I wake up to P three times a night.

VTCW: also funny that you mention that, as I was going to suggest to BRAMOS that he consider dumping the meds - not sure it is worth having that stuff in your system for one trip per night, and sounds like you might be confirming that, unless this is your VT tongue in cheek humor. Try one of those hospital plastic urinals.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
So, fair to say that this thread has, I don`t know, maybe DEVOLVED at this point?

"devolve" - to degenerate through a gradual change or evolution."

Odd how a thread about two hopefully returning players entitled "Good News" ends up here!

If we started it again at the beginning, what are the chances? :confused:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
As of halftime and with a near 30-point lead for most of the second quarter, there has been no sighting of Batouly on the floor. I assume it will happen in the second half.

Reaction Score
Just trying to promote the nickname BatCam for Batouly.
I don't deny you good works, for a great kid, but let us see what she will do for Uconn first. I'm more of a : What have you done for me today! kind of a guy.

Reaction Score
As of halftime and with a near 30-point lead for most of the second quarter, there has been no sighting of Batouly on the floor. I assume it will happen in the second half.
No Batouly sighting whole game. Not much bench use until 2 minutes left... Nevada proved to be a bit tougher than anticipated.

Reaction Score
Shorty---this isn't Good News---it's Great News--superb about KLS, now I'll finally see what Touly has to offer. Thanks, you made my day.
To my knowledge, however, Batouly did not play against Nevada. Am I wrong?

Reaction Score
To my knowledge, however, Batouly did not play against Nevada. Am I wrong?
You are as usual Correct! Unless I am drastically WRONG (which happens too often)--I suspect that Geno, should he believe Touly Well and practices well, will work her into the game slowly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom