Good luck to the Lady Vols upcoming Road trip | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Good luck to the Lady Vols upcoming Road trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
UnlinedFlawedArabianwildcat-small.gif

Good one, over and over and over again. Is there no escape?

Reaction Score
I like grudge to the grave. Tenn and Vandy can both burn. Two evils. They are as bad as BC and Cuse.
Hey! Leave my Orangemen out of this’

Reaction Score
Well I wouldn't even waste my time going to the cemetery to find their grave. And even if I happened to stumble upon it, wouldn't be spit. :cool:
You guys a re spitting on a ten letter word, not a person or a team or a program.
C'mon, look at the other thread: Four out of ten of Geno's wins came against Tennessee according to this author and many would support that.
Let it go and let it grow for Heaven's sake and your own.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I suspect that a lot of this - the difference in attitude towards L'Orange souris - depends on how long one has been on the BY, how long one has been a fan, and whether or not you spent any time on the old ESPN board or the Summitt.

If your fandom is fairly recent, say, the last decade, then you weren't around for the rivalry - and all the venom, innuendo, sneers, smears, lies and dirty tricks that emanated from Knoxville and the surrounding environs. I'm not gonna rehash it all (although the FBI complaint is still, perhaps, singularly noteworthy) - but, suffice to say, those of us with long history with the program can have long memories.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
You guys a re spitting on a ten letter word, not a person or a team or a program.
C'mon, look at the other thread: Four out of ten of Geno's wins came against Tennessee according to this author and many would support that.
Let it go and let it grow for Heaven's sake and your own.

(TONGUE FIRMLY IN CHEEK)

D*mn hippie! All you want to do is spread happiness and joy. What’s a curmudgeon gonna do.

JS

Reaction Score
'Tis the season to share a letter recently received, and my response.

"Yes, Virginia, there is a VolVillain"
Dear JS,

I am 8 years old. Some of my little friends say there is no VolVillain. Papa says, "If you see it on the Boneyard, it's so." Please tell me the truth, is there a VolVillain?

Virginia O'Hanlon
115 West Ninety-Fifth Street
_______________​

Dear Virginia -

Virginia, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except what they see.

They think that nothing can be which is not currently seen in Knoxville. All minds, Virginia, whether they be adults’ or children's, are little. But especially those of VolVillain skeptics.

Yes, Virginia, there is a VolVillain. She exists in the resentful hearts of living vol fans who participated in the unmentionable events and in the equally despicable minds of those who echo their sentiments.

She exists as certainly as slanderous accusation and jealous disparagement and malicious mendacity exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its most gratifying moments of both revulsion and schadenfreude.

Alas! how dreary would be a UConn board if there were no VolVillain. It would be as dreary as if there were no Virginias. There would be no faith in orange evil then, no certainty of right versus wrong in the realm of WCBB endeavor, no enjoyment, except in sense and sight.

No VolVillain! Thank God! she lives, and she lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, any woe that befalls her will continue to make glad the hearts of Husky faithful.

Enjoy the gifts of her stumbling and frustration at the Holidays to come and always.

JS, Christmas 2017

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
'Tis the season to share a letter recently received, and my response.

"Yes, Virginia, there is a VolVillain"
Dear JS,

I am 8 years old. Some of my little friends say there is no VolVillain. Papa says, "If you see it on the Boneyard, it's so." Please tell me the truth, is there a VolVillain?

Virginia O'Hanlon
115 West Ninety-Fifth Street
_______________​

Dear Virginia -

Virginia, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except what they see. They think that nothing can be which is not currently present in Knoxville. All minds, Virginia, whether they be adults’ or children's, are little. But especially those of Vol Villain skeptics.

Yes, Virginia, there is a VolVillain . She exists in the resentful hearts of living vol fans who participated in the unmentionable events and in the equally despicable minds of those who echo their sentiments.

She exists as certainly as slanderous accusation and jealous disparagement and malicious mendacity exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its most gratifying moments of both revulsion and schadenfreude.

Alas! how dreary would be a UConn board if there were no VolVillain. It would be as dreary as if there were no Virginias. There would be no faith in orange evil then, no certainty of right versus wrong in the realm of WCBB endeavor, no enjoyment, except in sense and sight.

No VolVillain! Thank God! she lives, and she lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, any woe that befalls her will continue to make glad the hearts of Husky faithful.

Enjoy the gifts of her stumbling and frustration at the Holidays to come and always.

JS, Christmas 2017
Right up there with the Ball Hog Chick, JS. Pure genius.

source.gif

Reaction Score
Well I wouldn't even waste my time going to the cemetery to find their grave. And even if I happened to stumble upon it, wouldn't be spit. :cool:

Reminiscent of a scene in "House of Cards" when Kevin Spacey did the honors. He wasn't called for nothing . . .

Reaction Score
I'd be holding a grudge if the individuals involved at the time of the offense were still with the teams...am I correct that this is no longer the case?

Rivalries don't ever exist between teams. While members of teams may dislike each other they move on. Rivalries develop and become bitter between the supporters of those programs who interact for decades. Some of the same Vol fans who were on the old boards still post the same things around the boards. And any pleasure I take from the troubles of the Vols is only because I know those troubles drive a symbolic knife into those hearts.

Reaction Score
I too wish the Lady Vols luck.....Except when they play UConn. I think they are perhaps the 3rd best team
in the SEC. Behind Miss. St. and USC east. This SEC season will reveal who/what they are. I don't hate them , or do I root for them. I am neutral.

Until they play the Huskies. Then I get vocal and very opinionated.

GO HUSKIES!!
I agree --it takes nothing away from Uconn to wish Tn well--my hopes Uconn gets to play them in March/April.

Reaction Score
That's the spirit. You're really into the swing of things now.
I can loan him the use of the shirt my wife bought for me---BAAA Hum Bug--tells my thoughts on this season--Now if I were Walmart or an Internet store--I'd be cheering for more cheer. The things the Magi didn't know they started and get no cuts of the profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom