Good luck to the Lady Vols upcoming Road trip | The Boneyard

Good luck to the Lady Vols upcoming Road trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGN

Reaction Score
I too wish the Lady Vols luck..........Except when they play UConn. I think they are perhaps the 3rd best team
in the SEC. Behind Miss. St. and USC east. This SEC season will reveal who/what they are. I don't hate them , or do I root for them. I am neutral.

Until they play the Huskies. Then I get vocal and very opinionated.

GO HUSKIES!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I am curious. Do Husky fans go to other team's boards and post good luck wishes for Husky games? I know that I have the option to ignore certain threads (like this one) but it just made me curious...

Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure the Vol fans aren’t wishing UCONN luck on any trip! Good gesture by you! Anywhooooooooooo...next subject!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A decade ago the Vols took their ball and went home, spreading scurrilous lies and innuendos in their wake. They are dead to me and I spit on their grave. Have a nice road trip! Sheeesh!!
Well I wouldn't even waste my time going to the cemetery to find their grave. And even if I happened to stumble upon it, wouldn't be spit. :cool:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I will be going to Sundays game at Long Beach State, wearing my UConn hat, and rooting for the school whose baseball team is called The Dirtbags.
I will interested in hearing your report on the game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am curious. Do Husky fans go to other team's boards and post good luck wishes for Husky games? I know that I have the option to ignore certain threads (like this one) but it just made me curious...

Some teams need luck, other's do not. :rolleyes:

HGN

Reaction Score
I don't.........

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Ah! Good sportsmanship in the true spirit of the Boneyard! ;)

I suspect that a lot of this - the difference in attitude towards L'Orange souris - depends on how long one has been on the BY, how long one has been a fan, and whether or not you spent any time on the old ESPN board or the Summitt.

If your fandom is fairly recent, say, the last decade, then you weren't around for the rivalry - and all the venom, innuendo, sneers, smears, lies and dirty tricks that emanated from Knoxville and the surrounding environs. I'm not gonna rehash it all (although the FBI complaint is still, perhaps, singularly noteworthy) - but, suffice to say, those of us with long history with the program can have long memories.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I Wish them well and hope their team is for real this season. They look like a fun team to watch. There 3 game road trip will tell us very soon.

This road trip won't tell us that much. Long Beach St. is terrible. Stanford is the toughest game of the 3 but they've already lost 4 times. Kentucky is not a top-25 team.

This is the road sequence where we'll really find out something.

upload_2017-12-15_10-27-32.png

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If they don't win all three then they are not as good as Tennessee fans think they are, at least not at this present time. As Orangutan posted, those three games will be the true test of how good they are.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Actually I once saw some Washington fans on the North Dakota State message board doing something similar :confused:

Reaction Score
I wonder who fixes the team bus if it breaks down along the way? If Geno was driving past on his way to see a certain top recruit in Arkansas, and saw the Tennessee Vols bus stuck on the side of I-40, would he stop and offer assistance?

Reaction Score
Two kinds of fans. Those who forgive and forget. And those who carry a grudge to the grave.
I think we just took a census.

I'd be holding a grudge if the individuals involved at the time of the offense were still with the teams.............am I correct that this is no longer the case?

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
I'd be holding a grudge if the individuals involved at the time of the offense were still with the teams...am I correct that this is no longer the case?

Yes, you absolutely are. AD has changed at least twice, maybe more. I believe the formerly independent Women’s Athletic Department was consolidated into a single Department. HC HW maybe the only holdover.

My post stands for what it was, just an observation of human nature. I respect both sides of this debate. But, I do enjoy a good rant and Meyers7 and Rocky were hitting on all cylinders. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32