Good luck to the Lady Vols upcoming Road trip | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Good luck to the Lady Vols upcoming Road trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I was a UCONN fan then and I heard some things but, I had no idea it was as bad as some of you say. I did not know about message boards then so that kind of information did not pass my way.

Reaction Score
I suspect that a lot of this - the difference in attitude towards L'Orange souris - depends on how long one has been on the BY, how long one has been a fan, and whether or not you spent any time on the old ESPN board or the Summitt.

If your fandom is fairly recent, say, the last decade, then you weren't around for the rivalry - and all the venom, innuendo, sneers, smears, lies and dirty tricks that emanated from Knoxville and the surrounding environs. I'm not gonna rehash it all (although the FBI complaint is still, perhaps, singularly noteworthy) - but, suffice to say, those of us with long history with the program can have long memories.
I’m very cool that one more time before it ends, it’s us against them for the National Championship...maybe in another year or two. Maybe. 10 years since they took a low road against so many good people. UConn wcbb took a different road. But I’ve changed in ten years.

Reaction Score
Two kinds of fans. Those who forgive and forget. And those who carry a grudge to the grave.
I think we just took a census.
Ahh yes, grudge creates rivalries that create interest in the sport, nothing better.

I'd be holding a grudge if the individuals involved at the time of the offense were still with the teams...am I correct that this is no longer the case?
See reply above. Think Red Sox / Yankees.....Does not matter who is on the roster or where the teams are in the standings. Pure unadulterated hatred, packs the house and grabs the headlines every time.

Hey! Leave my Orangemen out of this’
Not a chance in .......They had a great opportunity for both UConn and themselves but decided to take the low road. Oranges on the same list......

Reaction Score
Reagarding the Red Sox.......not sure I agree with you on that, I've been a Yankee fan since the late 60's and my hatred for the Red Sox ebbs and flows based on the players/managers and their attitudes toward the rivalry.........for example, with Big Papi gone, last year's series against the Sox was pretty low key compared with years prior..........I'll never like the Sox but some times I just hate them less............

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'd be holding a grudge if the individuals involved at the time of the offense were still with the teams...am I correct that this is no longer the case?
Same fan base, though.

Reaction Score
Can I like the Syracuse men’s team and the Uconn women’s team or is that against the rules?

Reaction Score
I am curious. Do Husky fans go to other team's boards and post good luck wishes for Husky games? I know that I have the option to ignore certain threads (like this one) but it just made me curious...
I use to go to the LadyVols board quite frequently, but gave up. Too much knocking of recruiting, slamming the coach and wishing for bygone years. Wait a minute....now that I think of it, that sounds like our board posts in regard to our Men’s team!

Reaction Score
seriously--thumb.jpg

Uh.....i hope they go 0 for whatever

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wishing TN good health on the up coming road trip is as far as I'm willing to go.
Hear hear! May God and all other powerful beings see to it that all airplanes and automobiles arrive safely.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
At Tennessee v LBSU game. Tenn., passes the ball better than Beach. #0 for Beach is a talented freshman with not a lot of help. Both teams shooting 3 pointers well. Russell vs #54 for beach is a mis match yet Russell has missed some bunnies.
Sorry, I forgot my Uconn hat and I am wearing my Angel hat.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
At Tennessee v LBSU game. Tenn., passes the ball better than Beach. #0 for Beach is a talented freshman with not a lot of help. Both teams shooting 3 pointers well. Russell vs #54 for beach is a mis match yet Russell has missed some bunnies.
Sorry, I forgot my Uconn hat and I am wearing my Angel hat.
What's your opinion on this Tennessee team?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Reagarding the Red Sox..not sure I agree with you on that, I've been a Yankee fan since the late 60's and my hatred for the Red Sox ebbs and flows based on the players/managers and their attitudes toward the rivalry....for example, with Big Papi gone, last year's series against the Sox was pretty low key compared with years prior.....I'll never like the Sox but some times I just hate them less..

I'm a lifelong Yankee fan I hate the Sox! But I have to be careful in the house. My wife is a Red Sox fan! I can respect a few Red Sox players but never ever like.

WestCoastPup

Eclipse
Reaction Score
I think the Lady Vols experienced an entire season's worth of good luck in that farce of a game against Texas.

Sadly, that's more Tenn aurora... look at the ND and SC games they won last year. Thus were arguably 80% collapses by the opposing teams, on the level of freakish, made for TV drama type collapses! I attribute it to the Tenn aurora, as sometimes the name on the jersey or the big moment gets to the teams. Now in all fairness, they did outright crush Miss St. to finish the season, so the team wasn't chopped liver. As for the upcoming games, Stanford is likely the toughest competition, but that's not saying much. Stanford is down this year, but even when they are firing on all cylinders and have the horses, they have a hard time getting over the Tenn hump... fairly low success rate and NOT strongly correlated to overall team / season performance.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Sadly, that's more Tenn aurora... look at the ND and SC games they won last year. Thus were arguably 80% collapses by the opposing teams, on the level of freakish, made for TV drama type collapses! I attribute it to the Tenn aurora, as sometimes the name on the jersey or the big moment gets to the teams. Now in all fairness, they did outright crush Miss St. to finish the season, so the team wasn't chopped liver. As for the upcoming games, Stanford is likely the toughest competition, but that's not saying much. Stanford is down this year, but even when they are firing on all cylinders and have the horses, they have a hard time getting over the Tenn hump... fairly low success rate and NOT strongly correlated to overall team / season performance.
Stanford will probably be without McPhee, their best player, and Carrington, another of their top scorers. After their win last night, Tara was extremely vague about when either player might return ("We hope soon"). I'm not optimistic about their chances against Tennessee.

Reaction Score
I'm a lifelong Yankee fan I hate the Sox! But I have to be careful in the house. My wife is a Red Sox fan! I can respect a few Red Sox players but never ever like.
I'm a true blue, lifelong NYY fan...husband is a Sox fan and I wish he'd learn to be quiet about it. Luckily, history (except most recent) is on my side.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
What's your opinion on this Tennessee team?
Hard to judge the team when they are playing a team they should win by 30-40.
I liked Nared and Jackson. I am not sure about Russell as the girl guarding her was slow and I thought Russell kept missing too many shots from up close. When Russell runs the floor she is a good solid target and seems to do better in that sistuation than when she posts up.
There were a lot of 3's by both teams and UT dominated the boards I think it was 62-30. LBSU lost a lot of solid players for a Mid Major, and I had no idea about the freshman Berry, who wasnt far off from a Triple Double, 19 pts, 7 Rebounds and 9 assists. Today was the first time I have seen Berry and she should be up a level at a Pac12 or Big 12 team. Somebody in Texas missed out on her. How she would up at LBSU is a good question. Holly had a nice talk to Berry at the end of the handshake line.
A lot of Orange shirts in the stands.
Enjoyable game to see.
Since this is a UConn forum, I dont think the Lady Vols match up well with UConn.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Hard to judge the team when they are playing a team they should win by 30-40.
I liked Nared and Jackson. I am not sure about Russell as the girl guarding her was slow and I thought Russell kept missing too many shots from up close. When Russell runs the floor she is a good solid target and seems to do better in that sistuation than when she posts up.
There were a lot of 3's by both teams and UT dominated the boards I think it was 62-30. LBSU lost a lot of solid players for a Mid Major, and I had no idea about the freshman Berry, who wasnt far off from a Triple Double, 19 pts, 7 Rebounds and 9 assists. Today was the first time I have seen Berry and she should be up a level at a Pac12 or Big 12 team. Somebody in Texas missed out on her. How she would up at LBSU is a good question. Holly had a nice talk to Berry at the end of the handshake line.
A lot of Orange shirts in the stands.
Enjoyable game to see.
Since this is a UConn forum, I dont think the Lady Vols match up well with UConn.
I have been pleased so far with the team. I wasn't sure going into the season how the freshman would do. So far they have done well.

Plebe

Reaction Score
There was a familiar face in the crowd.

Nice photo! She was truly one of the all-time greats of the collegiate game. Did she say whether she's living in LA now?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Nice photo! She was truly one of the all-time greats of the collegiate game. Did she say whether she's living in LA now?
Yes she is one of the best ever. I just know she moved to California not sure what city. She had been in Atlanta for years.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yes she is one of the best ever. I just know she moved to California not sure what city. She had been in Atlanta for years.
It's nice to see her looking happy in that photo. I was living in DC when she took leave from the Mystics and people were wondering what was going on with her. I'm happy to see her speaking openly about her struggles and helping to dismantle the stigma around mental illness.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It's nice to see her looking happy in that photo. I was living in DC when she took leave from the Mystics and people were wondering what was going on with her. I'm happy to see her speaking openly about her struggles and helping to dismantle the stigma around mental illness.
Yes. I think she is in a good place now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom