Gonzaga Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Gonzaga Post Game Thread

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It would certainly be a feather in his cap, and I think in the context of how UConn plays it would only be a positive. That said, 50/40/90 in college seems oddly different than in the pros. In the NBA, most everyone who's achieved it is in the HoF or HoF bound. The list of college players who've achieved it is... "who?" Also worth noting that no team with a 50/40/90 guy has made a FF. I think only one of the 11 players who've done it even made an EE.

Reaction Score
I was saying the same. I definitely thought he was between the 2 lines but the line farther out is the 3 point line. I'd love to see that again. I thought they would have reviewed it at the next timeout.
It looked like his foot was on the line of the college line. The ref on the baseline signaled it was a 2 while the other two signaled it was a 3.

Reaction Score
Passed out last night but this is what is still top of mind for me

Breakout game for Clingan! Amazing work. If that’s what he can be once healthy, sign me up 1000 times

Diarra looks like a completely different player this year. I’m officially on the hype train

Castle is getting his legs under him. Not great box score performance, but I suspect that will improve quickly

Just last like year, we held a high powered Gonzaga offense to their worst offensive performance of the year. And this time at “home”

A few years ago we would build a lead, start sleepwalking, and end up choking it away. Now we build a lead, start sleepwalking, and close out a top 10 team by double digits.

Fantastic OOC performance!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
3E4B1E55-F202-419D-913A-AEFE8D1BBB20.jpeg

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Kind of a sloppy game on the boards, and Castle looks like he may continue to struggle from 3.

Those are the only negatives I can think of, another fantastic performance. It's crazy to think that we dominated our way to an NCAA championship last year but we might be better this year.

Reaction Score
Clingan was insane tonight. 21/8/3/2 on 11 shots in 27 minutes.

His defense was awesome. I lost count of how many times in the 2nd half Nembhard or Hickman or Stromer turned the corner and Clingan was there and they just.. stopped.

With maybe 5 minutes left in the 2nd half he did that thing that he did vs. Miami in the F4 where he just tipped and intercepted the pass they tried to throw over him. And then he came down on the other end and high pointed the offensive rebound 9 feet in the air and finished the putback. And then he forced another stop and got another offensive rebound the next possession.

This was the best he's looked since last April.
Yea it made me smile when they hit the breaks upon seeing the Great Wall of Clingan. PLUS, Clingan did not jump. He held his position each time. Very disciplined

Reaction Score
What's interesting is Nembhard had 15 points, scored the first 6 Gonzaga points of the game and their last 7 to end the first half, first bucket of the 2nd half. Aside from that 6 point spurt to start the game and 9 points in a row to end the half/start the 2nd half Uconn shut him down.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
fantastic game. excellent Diara and Clingan. Too much Karaban time, no rest. maybe they should give some time to the other guys too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That game had a little bit of everything for Connecticut including a Big Red impersonator:

it's official. Big Red hesitant Elvis status.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Great win. That being said, I don’t really think we played great. Beating Gonzaga in Seattle is impressive, but this is not a vintage Gonzaga team. They are barely a top-20 team. However, this is good preparation for March. This had kind of a Sweet 16 game feel to it, and we passed with flying colors.

Reaction Score
What they’re saying about us (kinder than NC fans). Actual unaltered quotes from guboards:

Go Zags!

Let's go Zags. Revenge !

Zags seem to have a hard time with good 7 footers

This game could get ugly

Hurley has the Huskies prepped for the hi lo and that GI and Braden are lefties

We don't have the shooters. UConn can do everything we do inside . Missed FTs

UConn’s shooters are extraordinary. 67%

The Zags are hanging with them. Not sure if they keep that up, but good to see them playing hard.

UConn has some shooters.

No opportunity. UCon great perimeter D.

Uh oh. Getting out of hand.

UConn 5-6 from 3pt.

Such smooth shooters.

By far the best team we’ve played all season.

That rec league kid is killing us

Crap. Down by 10

One dimensional. Look like we're just playing pickup. UCONN is a level up.

Toying with us.

3 whole assists No team play, too much dribbling, not enough effective screens. UConn might repeat this year.

UConn is making their open shots, the players they want are taking them;

The thing is, no one on UConn is super good, but they play together like a well oiled machine. The play outstanding defense and can shoot the open three

Sucks they are shooting so well from 3, but the reality is most of those were wide open shots.

Just not fair

there just a better team…didn’t think it would be over at half. This 11 pt deficit feels like 20

They are getting shoot around looks.

Uconn is the better team. Issue is allowing a team to make 7 3s in 1 half.

Join the a big East they said, it will be fun!

The UCONN lineup and style reminds me so much of our 2017 team.They are the best team I've seen this year. Even more balanced and dangerous than Arizona, and I hold Tommy's squad in high regard.

I sincerely hoped we'd keep it closer than 20, yet don't see that happening.

Just on a another level. Not just a 'title contender', yet a 'title favorite'.

Zags have a CHANCE at anyone not named Purdue, Arizona, or UConn. I do believe that.

Uconn is a level above GU.Coaching, Players.

Compared to uconn? Yes they aren’t even close and if uconn kept foot on pedal, this is a 20+ beat down

Well, we knew this was going to be a tough game to win. A lot of teams are going to lose to UConn this year.

Reaction Score
What they’re saying about us (kinder than NC fans). Actual unaltered quotes from guboards:

Go Zags!

Let's go Zags. Revenge !

Zags seem to have a hard time with good 7 footers

This game could get ugly

Hurley has the Huskies prepped for the hi lo and that GI and Braden are lefties

We don't have the shooters. UConn can do everything we do inside . Missed FTs

UConn’s shooters are extraordinary. 67%

The Zags are hanging with them. Not sure if they keep that up, but good to see them playing hard.

UConn has some shooters.

No opportunity. UCon great perimeter D.

Uh oh. Getting out of hand.

UConn 5-6 from 3pt.

Such smooth shooters.

By far the best team we’ve played all season.

That rec league kid is killing us

Crap. Down by 10

One dimensional. Look like we're just playing pickup. UCONN is a level up.

Toying with us.

3 whole assists No team play, too much dribbling, not enough effective screens. UConn might repeat this year.

UConn is making their open shots, the players they want are taking them;

The thing is, no one on UConn is super good, but they play together like a well oiled machine. The play outstanding defense and can shoot the open three

Sucks they are shooting so well from 3, but the reality is most of those were wide open shots.

Just not fair

there just a better team…didn’t think it would be over at half. This 11 pt deficit feels like 20

They are getting shoot around looks.

Uconn is the better team. Issue is allowing a team to make 7 3s in 1 half.

Join the a big East they said, it will be fun!

The UCONN lineup and style reminds me so much of our 2017 team.They are the best team I've seen this year. Even more balanced and dangerous than Arizona, and I hold Tommy's squad in high regard.

I sincerely hoped we'd keep it closer than 20, yet don't see that happening.

Just on a another level. Not just a 'title contender', yet a 'title favorite'.

Zags have a CHANCE at anyone not named Purdue, Arizona, or UConn. I do believe that.

Uconn is a level above GU.Coaching, Players.

Compared to uconn? Yes they aren’t even close and if uconn kept foot on pedal, this is a 20+ beat down

Well, we knew this was going to be a tough game to win. A lot of teams are going to lose to UConn this year.
I agree with all of this except this:
The thing is, no one on UConn is super good
Simply isn't true.

Reaction Score
Too tired to argue but the closer in line went right to the top of the key. Isn’t that the women’s three point line? The 2nd line was about a foot further, which I’m pretty sure is the men’s three point line. I don’t think there was an NBA line on that court. Tomorrow I can look up pictures of the Gampel court and Climate Pledge Arena court and check. I could be wrong.
This was the 3 point line from when Gonzaga and Alabama played in 2021. I could be wrong but the white line you guys are all talking about was behind this line last night

IMG_5985.jpeg

IMG_5988.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom