OT: - Gonzaga coach Mark Few cited for DUI, apologizes for 'lapse in judgment' | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Gonzaga coach Mark Few cited for DUI, apologizes for 'lapse in judgment'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Did he have a few too many or was seriously impaired?

The linked article says .119 and .120.

Going off a normal male that 1-2 beyond legal limit. Should be about 4-5 drinks in his system at time of breathalyzer.

Reaction Score
The linked article says .119 and .120.

Going off a normal male that 1-2 beyond legal limit. Should be about 4-5 drinks in his system at time of breathalyzer.
I've never used a breathalyzer and never understood those charts. Obviously it's not the same for everyone but I don't see any way that 5 drinks in an hour is the average to blow a .08 for a 180 lb. man and 6 drinks in an hour to blow a .08 for a 220 lb. man.

Reaction Score
What $400K buys you in Couer d'Alene:

I'm guessing the militia has been priced out, but what do I know.
They could always live here.

And if they happen to make it big one day they can live here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Guessing you haven't been there? I haven't, either, but it is definitely a popular celebrity vacation destination.
How does that have anything to do with him getting a DUI…. I don’t care if he was in Vegas, I’m missing your point. Great place to party so DUI’s are a naturally occurring phenomenon.

Reaction Score
sounds like he had a few too many. but seriously drunk driving is never acceptable especially if you're a millionaire coach with access to uber and lyft.
More than that, he could have hired a driver he knew, but maybe under the circumstances, he did not want anyone else to know his destination or the person he was with.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
How does that have anything to do with him getting a DUI…. I don’t care if he was in Vegas, I’m missing your point. Great place to party so DUI’s are a naturally occurring phenomenon.
It was in response to @UCDaveD loling at the notion that it is a popular vacation destination.

Reaction Score
They could always live here.

And if they happen to make it big one day they can live here.

First one seems like a lot of money for a not very appealing house.

Then again , I recall @Big Earn once putting up a photo of one in Compton CA, for mid-$400k.

Location, location, location!

Reaction Score

Then again , I recall @Big Earn once putting up a photo of one in Compton CA, for mid-$400k.

Friend's house, real estate is totally insane in some parts of the country.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I've never used a breathalyzer and never understood those charts. Obviously it's not the same for everyone but I don't see any way that 5 drinks in an hour is the average to blow a .08 for a 180 lb. man and 6 drinks in an hour to blow a .08 for a 220 lb. man.

I've long been able to hold my own, but yeah, 6 drinks in a hour at 220 lbs and I'd think you're quite a bit past merely "impaired". I'm bigger than 220 and I don't risk more than 2 an hour if I have to drive.

Reaction Score

We install breathalyzers for the state of Florida and 1shot of 80%whiskey= 1- 7oz glass of wine= 1-12oz can of beer. Each is assessed a value of .02. Consuming a combination of any 5 in 1 hour would put you at .1 minus.02 for every hour that transpires leaves you at .08 which is the limit in most states ( that’s about to go down to.06). We’ve had people come in with levels of .4 ( can be sometimes fatal) of be on their 4th of 5th DUI. It’s a huge problem ( DUI’s slowed down during the lock down, bars were closed) but things are getting worse rather quickly now that the bars are back open like you’d expect. It’s a huge problem for sure abd there’s absolutely no excuse for it …..non whatsoever. I wouldn’t mind if our income from that part of our business went down if it meant people actually becoming responsible… but I doubt it….

Last edited:

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Beautiful little town but yeah, that area is insane.

Reaction Score
Where do you live to say something like this? Idaho is a beautiful state and has been growing like crazy for a while now.

The dude probably lives in Bridgeport. Which is fine, unless you're ripping on pretty much any other place.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

A colleague of mine had one of these old military houses on Tiburon. Bought it for about $90k if I recall. Sold it around 2000. His house in Palo Alto did even better.

Reaction Score

With remote work, a lot of these places become somewhere that people can move to and work out of driving the real estate prices up like crazy. VICE just did a segment on a Colorado town where the local staff cant afford housing and have to live in vans or camp out.

Reaction Score
I've long been able to hold my own, but yeah, 6 drinks in a hour at 220 lbs and I'd think you're quite a bit past merely "impaired". I'm bigger than 220 and I don't risk more than 2 an hour if I have to drive.
Same, I don't drive if I know I'm going to be drinking at all but it's easy to do living in a big city. I would imagine my cutoff would look something like a few drinks over several hours if I had to drive.

Few screwed up but I have trouble casting stones having driven drunk plenty of times in my younger years. Thankful I never got a DUI or worse hurt someone else. Programs like MADD and SADD were instrumental in making us take these things seriously many years ago and making the gov't crack down, it's had a profound impact on saving lives. Way more accidents are caused by texting while driving than drinking and driving and that seems like a problem which hasn't really been addressed.

Reaction Score
The dude probably lives in Bridgeport. Which is fine, unless you're ripping on pretty much any other place.
That's why I'm curious where he currently lives. People know Idaho has always had militia types, Ruby Ridge will always be a rallying cry but anyone paying attention knows the state is growing maybe more than any other state. So many tech companies are starting in Boise area and others moving there. The state has always been beautiful but it's not longer some barren outpost.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

We had one in college we used to use to see who could get the highest reading. It was a legit $150 one too.

Im not sure if tolerance plays into how high someone registers but it was quite surprising. We obviously had quite high tolerance at the time.

0.08 took a fair amount of “standard” drinks to get to (maybe 4 in an hour) and definitely feeling buzzed. Getting to .12 meant you were getting sloshed (maybe 9 or 10 “standard” drinks in 2-3 hours). To get into the .16 and above range was impressive because you need to keep drinking at a really heavy & fast pace so it doesn’t wear off. Black out territory.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
We had one in college we used to use to see who could get the highest reading. It was a legit $150 one too.

Im not sure if tolerance plays into how high someone registers but it was quite surprising. We obviously had quite high tolerance at the time.

0.08 took a fair amount of “standard” drinks to get to (maybe 4 in an hour) and definitely feeling buzzed. Getting to .12 meant you were getting sloshed (maybe 9 or 10 “standard” drinks in 2-3 hours). To get into the .16 and above range was impressive because you need to keep drinking at a really heavy & fast pace so it doesn’t wear off. Black out territory.
Tolerance helps with feeling drunk but not with your actual BAC. People getting pulled over with BAC above like .2 are obviously trashed but they’re probably functioning alcoholics to be able to even get a car moving at that point.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

We install breathalyzers for the state of Florida and 1shot of 80%whiskey= 1- 7oz glass of wine= 1-12oz can of beer. Each is assessed a value of .02. Consuming a combination of any 5 in 1 hour would put you at .1 minus.02 for every hour that transpires leaves you at .08 which is the limit in most states ( that’s about to go down to.06). We’ve had people come in with levels of .4 ( can be sometimes fatal) of be on their 4th of 5th DUI. It’s a huge problem ( DUI’s slowed down during the lock down, bars were closed) but things are getting worse rather quickly now that the bars are back open like you’d expect. It’s a huge problem for sure abd there’s absolutely no excuse for it …..non whatsoever. I wouldn’t mind if our income from that part of our business went down if it meant people actually becoming responsible… but I doubt it….

There is always a variable in how people respond to the alcohol they consume- sleep/rest, food, agitation, tolerance for alchoholics, etc but that has minimal effect on what you are going to blow.

As a frame of reference I learned a 200 lbs man gets about .02 drink as described by @UConniki - one regular beer (think 4%), 5-7 oz of table wine or 1 1/2 ounce of 80 proof liquor. Also your body should be able to "process" about one drink per hour. So if you took 5 drinks over two hours, you have about 3 drinks left in your body.

As for this specific case, it wouldn't surprise me if he had some stronger liquors- Bourbons are routinely 90 proof or higher, or DIPA type beers that are higher in content and served in 16 oz glasses instead of a 12 ounce serving. Regardless, very poor choice on his part is the best I light I can put on this.

Reaction Score
I get that the BY loves it's booze, but the soft takes on this are pretty upsetting...DUI's aren't "lapse of judgment" or "poor choices" they're incredibly dangerous, irresponsible and a million other adjectives I don't wanna look up in a thesaurus for ducking stupid.

Reaction Score
We install breathalyzers for the state of Florida and 1shot of 80%whiskey= 1- 7oz glass of wine= 1-12oz can of beer. Each is assessed a value of .02. Consuming a combination of any 5 in 1 hour would put you at .1 minus.02 for every hour that transpires leaves you at .08 which is the limit in most states ( that’s about to go down to.06). We’ve had people come in with levels of .4 ( can be sometimes fatal) of be on their 4th of 5th DUI. It’s a huge problem ( DUI’s slowed down during the lock down, bars were closed) but things are getting worse rather quickly now that the bars are back open like you’d expect. It’s a huge problem for sure abd there’s absolutely no excuse for it …..non whatsoever. I wouldn’t mind if our income from that part of our business went down if it meant people actually becoming responsible… but I doubt it…
I think you meant 80 Proof, not 80%, because 80% is 160 Proof and I don't think there's anything that strong except grain alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom