OT: - Golf foursomes | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Golf foursomes

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You really got your first one today 68 sweeeeet Congrats my friend. Where and what did you use???

Too easy. You know it was the wind mill hole.

Reaction Score
Our yearly trip to the Cape, we found Sandwich Hollows Wednesday special too good to pass up. $40 for 18 with cart. More than double any other venue up here.
#3, playing 122, little cut 8 iron, hit short and left of a right side pin (pretty good left to right, and back to front slopes... their signature hole), and tracked about 15-20 feet into the hole. I was in shock for a few minutes. Never expected to ever get one. Used to play 200-250 times a year in San Diego, and came close a few times, but I was pretty decent 40 years ago. Played with my son-in-law, my brother-in-law, and my nephew, so I get family bragging rights for a while.
We played in front of you at Quarry Ridge in a BYC. You might remember how far my nephew bombs it.

Nice. I played Sandwich Hollows once but don’t remember #3 but no matter always nice to throw one in.

I do remember your nephew killing it off the tee for sure despite the Red Stripes Team Fishy were throwing down lol..... and I could tell that you were a player as well 68!!!

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Speaking of golf gambling games what do you guys usually play. The guys I will play with today will probably play a six point scotch game. Playing two man teams a team would get two points for low ball, two for low total, one for prox, and one for birdie. If a team gets all six points(called an umbrella) it automatically doubles to 12. The team that is leading always tees off first. The team that is behind can "roll" or double the bet for that hole only after watching the tee shots of the leading team. If the losing team then hits lousy tee shots the leading team can "reroll" which makes the bet worth four times as much.

I’m guessing you’ve heard of it but Wolf makes for a very interesting round of golf. Planning on playing it at Saratoga national today for a friends bachelor party. The course is gonna eat us alive

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
We do play wolf on occasion. We've been playing this game called putter poker. you can play this game in addition to any other games you have going. First, you establish the ante, let's say $5. You record the putts on every hole. If you knock it in from off green you get two cards from the deck(cards are distributed at the end of the round), if you one putt you get one card, zero cards for a two putt, and if you three putt or more(we have a three putt and done rule for pace of play) you pay into the pot $3. So, after every hole guys would say there score and putts. Ex. 6-3, 4-0, 4-2, 5-1. After the round everyone enters their ante and everyone has three putts pays into the pot. Then the cards are distributed. Best poker hand wins the pot. We do it showdown where you have to keep flipping until you beat the hand before you but we don't bet every time there is a new best hand.

Reaction Score
I’m guessing you’ve heard of it but Wolf makes for a very interesting round of golf. Planning on playing it at Saratoga national today for a friends bachelor party. The course is gonna eat us alive

Played it once in Ocean City on our 2nd 18 one day and I kind of liked it now that you mentioned it. You play against the other 3 in your foursome or you can choose a partner? As a gambling man I would play alone a lot but remember there was a twist because oft dollars involved, can't remember the exact detail of the game?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We do play wolf on occasion. We've been playing this game called putter poker. you can play this game in addition to any other games you have going. First, you establish the ante, let's say $5. You record the putts on every hole. If you knock it in from off green you get two cards from the deck(cards are distributed at the end of the round), if you one putt you get one card, zero cards for a two putt, and if you three putt or more(we have a three putt and done rule for pace of play) you pay into the pot $3. So, after every hole guys would say there score and putts. Ex. 6-3, 4-0, 4-2, 5-1. After the round everyone enters their ante and everyone has three putts pays into the pot. Then the cards are distributed. Best poker hand wins the pot. We do it showdown where you have to keep flipping until you beat the hand before you but we don't bet every time there is a new best hand.

wolf is good.

We also just play a simple 3 putt game where you add $5 and hand to the next guy in order on every three putt

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Played it once in Ocean City on our 2nd 18 one day and I kind of liked it now that you mentioned it. You play against the other 3 in your foursome or you can choose a partner? As a gambling man I would play alone a lot but remember there was a twist because oft dollars involved, can't remember the exact detail of the game?

You rotate teeing off. The wolf tees off first. If you hit a good drive you can go wolf and play the other three best ball. If you dont want to go wolf you pick a partner from the other drives and best ball teams. If you go wolf you have to win the hole for three pts. if you go wolf and halve you they all get a pt.

Pick you dollar value per pt. At the end everyone pays the most points their gap x dollar value.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
You rotate teeing off. The wolf tees off first. If you hit a good drive you can go wolf and play the other three best ball. If you dont want to go wolf you pick a partner from the other drives and best ball teams. If you go wolf you have to win the hole for three pts. if you go wolf and halve you they all get a pt.

Pick you dollar value per pt. At the end everyone pays the most points their gap x dollar value.

Just to add to this is- if you don’t choose to go wolf you do need to pick a teammate. The twist is you watch the first person tee off behind you and then you have to choose whether to pick them as a teammate. If you don’t you can’t pick them after the next guy tees off. A lot of the fun of it is trying to anticipate shots from the other guys playing in your foresome

Reaction Score
Just to add to this is- if you don’t choose to go wolf you do need to pick a teammate. The twist is you watch the first person tee off behind you and then you have to choose whether to pick them as a teammate. If you don’t you can’t pick them after the next guy tees off. A lot of the fun of it is trying to anticipate shots from the other guys playing in your foresome
You must be that slow group in front...

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
wolf is good.

We also just play a simple 3 putt game where you add $5 and hand to the next guy in order on every three putt
@whaler11, could you explain this game a little more?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
@whaler11, could you explain this game a little more?

Everyone starts by putting in $5. Determine an order 1-4. #1 starts with the $20. When they three putt they add $5 and give it to #2. Whoever holds it at the end keeps it.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is it weird to just do stroke play (hehe) and the loser buys a round? Y’all going crazy out there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom