Going Forward (Cuse) | The Boneyard

Going Forward (Cuse)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So do think the Cuse/UConn series continues?

And in what form?

I kinda like a 1-1-1 format with the extra "1" at MSG with the Garden split in half.

This game shouldn't be relegated to Nov or Dec...but should be played in Jan or Feb on a weekend.

Thoughts?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

And in what form?

I kinda like a 1-1-1 format with the extra "1" at MSG with the Garden split in half.

This game shouldn't be relegated to Nov or Dec...but should be played in Jan or Feb on a weekend.

Thoughts?

You really think Cuse will come to Storrs if they don't have to? I bet they offer a 1-0-1, with the extra "1" at MSG with the Garden split in half.

caw

Reaction Score

And in what form?

Thoughts?

So first year at Storrs, second at MSG, third at Carrier Dome. Under the assumption UConn doesn't end up in the ACC, sure why not. There would obviously have to be an out in case UConn ends up in the same conference. I also wouldn't mind a game in Brooklyn if MSG is a no-go.

Of course if Cuse ever votes against UConn joining the ACC, the contract is void and Cuse pays penalty. Sound fair?

Reaction Score
So first year at Storrs, second at MSG, third at Carrier Dome. Under the assumption UConn doesn't end up in the ACC, sure why not. There would obviously have to be an out in case UConn ends up in the same conference. I also wouldn't mind a game in Brooklyn if MSG is a no-go.

Of course if Cuse ever votes against UConn joining the ACC, the contract is void and Cuse pays penalty. Sound fair?
:cool:
Since I proposed it...1st game in Cuse, 2nd game in MSG, 3rd game in conference game.

Brooklyn would be okay too...but MSG is magic.

Reaction Score

And in what form?

Thoughts?

I like the idea of continuing a series. MSG would be a great venue. It would be symbolic of 30+ years of a wonderful (and extinct) conference.

caw

Reaction Score
:cool:
Since I proposed it...1st game in Cuse, 2nd game in MSG, 3rd game in conference game.

Brooklyn would be okay too...but MSG is magic.

LOL, can't have Cuse bail after the game at Cuse, we all know how Cuse hates road games. :p

Reaction Score
You really think Cuse will come to Storrs if they don't have to? I bet they offer a 1-0-1, with the extra "1" at MSG with the Garden split in half.

We kinda like the Corporate atmosphere at the XL over tiny, raucous Storrs...the suits in Hartford are much nicer to visitors.:)

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
We should have a yearly "tri-state cup" at MSG modeled after the beanpot in hockey. Every year UConn, Syracuse, Rutgers, and St Johns play a mini tournament at MSG. They will all be in different conferences in a couple of years anyway--so would be a great OOC matchup. First round games on Friday night, consolation and championship games on Sunday afternoon.

caw

Reaction Score
We kinda like the Corporate atmosphere at the XL over tiny, raucous Storrs...the suits in Hartford are much nicer to visitors.:)

Fine, how about we play the Cuse home game in Buffalo then?

Honestly though, I don't know how much Cuse fans want to continue the series. Oddly, Pitt and Cuse are probably the only two BE teams I would like to see UConn play again. Louisville would be a close 3rd. I could care less about most of the C7/ND or WVU, Georgetown is fun but not as fun as the other three.

Reaction Score
Fine, how about we play the Cuse home game in Buffalo then?

Honestly though, I don't know how much Cuse fans want to continue the series. Oddly, Pitt and Cuse are probably the only two BE teams I would like to see UConn play again. Louisville would be a close 3rd. I could care less about most of the C7/ND or WVU, Georgetown is fun but not as fun as the other three.

Don't let the noisy fans over at our board jaundice your view...After Georgetown...UConn is a very close second. SJU is a distant third.

I'd love for us to continue to play all three regularly going forward. At least two minimum every year.

I see us doing a H/H with GTown
I'd like a 1-1-1 with UConn
and play every year @MSG with SJU splitting the Garden.

Most of the UConn hate I think is due to the overlap in both BB and FB.

I have publically stated that I want you guys in the ACC. We need another voice to fight the NC Mafia.

BTW, the last time we played in Buffalo: Canisius (or maybe it was Niagara) hosted us and 12,000 Cuse fans at HSBC ...figure Canisius brought 3,000.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

And in what form?

Thoughts?

CUSE

you seem to liek that response with uconn elsewhere so i hope u enjoy this....

Reaction Score
The only series I want to keep is the series with UCONN, MSG would be a great place to play every year if we don't end up in the same conference.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
It warms my heart to see how comfortable Cuse, Pitt and Louisville fans are with the future. I certainly appreciate them coming over and sharing. Good for you, I say, Enjoy!

Reaction Score
Saturday games at MSG every year would be fine............no need for home and home!!! Agree with the bag guy!

Reaction Score
I think the first games played were in the late '50's. The game was good for both schools. It's been a great rivalry through the years, but like BCU this series probably will end when Cuse leaves. It's not a real big rivalry factor on the national level, and I don't see playing it if it's not going to be on national TV.

Reaction Score
I know some Cuse fans in person. They're much better than their internet board would have you believe.

I'd love to continue the series. I'm also cool with 1-1-1.

I'd like to continue to play Georgetown and Villanova as well. I'm less concerned with PC and St. John's, but wouldn't be opposed.

Louisville and Pitt are two other schools I'd consider playing. But Cuse-Gtown-Nova would probably be enough.

Reaction Score
I think we need to play the Johnnies for NYC, Nova for Philly, GTown for Baltimore DC area recruiting......Cuse because it's just good to keep a pretty solid rivalry!!

Hard to get them all every year but we need to mix the old BE into the schedule when possible........Johnnies in Brooklyn?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know some Cuse fans in person. They're much better than their internet board would have you believe.

I'd love to continue the series. I'm also cool with 1-1-1.

I'd like to continue to play Georgetown and Villanova as well. I'm less concerned with PC and St. John's, but wouldn't be opposed.

Louisville and Pitt are two other schools I'd consider playing. But Cuse-Gtown-Nova would probably be enough.

Agree except Louisville. They are dead to me and never liked them anyway. Stick with the original Big East teams.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Don't let the noisy fans over at our board jaundice your view...After Georgetown...UConn is a very close second. SJU is a distant third.

I'd love for us to continue to play all three regularly going forward. At least two minimum every year.

I see us doing a H/H with GTown
I'd like a 1-1-1 with UConn
and play every year @MSG with SJU splitting the Garden.

Most of the UConn hate I think is due to the overlap in both BB and FB.

I have publically stated that I want you guys in the ACC. We need another voice to fight the NC Mafia.

BTW, the last time we played in Buffalo: Canisius (or maybe it was Niagara) hosted us and 12,000 Cuse fans at HSBC ...figure Canisius brought 3,000.
Tobacco Road fought for UConn. FSU wanted Ville. Tobacco road did not want to anger FSU; afraid FSU might leave conference.

Reaction Score
Access to MSG helps both teams. Cuse cannot become an ACC afterthought and UConn doesn't want to be lost in transatlantica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom