Give Kevin a Chance | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Give Kevin a Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How many chances should KO get to recruit a shooter?

There’s been a lot of good shooters come thru this state that we’ve passed on.

Why receuit shooters in-state when you can chase guys from as far away as possible and actually be still m the continental US

Reaction Score
Statistical analysis showing that the results of the past four seasons are a big enough sample to reliably say that things will not work (make the tournament?) going forward.
What are you asking for exactly? Stastistics showing coaches with poor 4 year periods not turning it around when given more time to do so?

Reaction Score
Statistical analysis showing that the results of the past four seasons are a big enough sample to reliably say that things will not work (make the tournament?) going forward.

In the last 4 seasons, the results to date have been as follows:

2014-15: NIT, lost in first round

2015-16: NCAA Tourney, 1 win

2016-17: 16-17 record, no postseason

2017-2018: 14-16 record. Likely no postseason.

That isn't enough for you to see that a change needs to be made? There is no need for any "statistical analysis". If UConn isnt making the NCAA tournament with regularity, it is simply not satisfactory. I think any rational fan would agree.

pj

Reaction Score
No. Some of it is judgment. Let me give you a hypothetical. If UConn fires him for cause because he would not negotiate a deal that would allow him to resign and leave with a lesser amount, does that say anything about his character? It does to me and I am not sure why some mods have a problem with stating that. First of all, it is a hypothetical and, second, it is an opinion. No one presented it as fact.

This hypothetical is being floated out there by several people so why is it not okay to then say, "well, if he does that then I think ." People can't call him "family" and then say he should insist on his full buyout and not expect others to then question the character of a man who would do that. Maybe I expect too much of people.

How can he be fired for "just cause" if the cause of firing is that he won't give up compensation he's contractually entitled to? That's not a hypothetical, that's a fantasy.

pj

Reaction Score
In the last 4 seasons, the results to date have been as follows:

2014-15: NIT, lost in first round

2015-16: NCAA Tourney, 1 win

2016-17: 16-17 record, no postseason

2017-2018: 14-16 record. Likely no postseason.

That isn't enough for you to see that a change needs to be made? There is no need for any "statistical analysis". If UConn isnt making the NCAA tournament with regularity, it is simply not satisfactory. I think any rational fan would agree.

To me, the poor records could be explained largely by injuries and poor roster construction, the first of which is bad luck and the second which could be construed as a temporary failure by a first-time head coach that he could learn from. More damning is the "eye test" failure on-court, visible in failures at things that are most readily influenced by coaching.

Reaction Score
Well, there's the problem! The people left who are still advocating for Ollie are not rational. I assume they are friends and family members. I'm pretty sure which one of these clowns is his son.

I think there is a difference between advocating for someone and not wanting them to be fired. Nobody is asking for an extension.

The question for me right now is whether there is a better option. Feeling like we absolutely have to fire him and tying ourselves up in another bad situation is the worst thing we can do.

Reaction Score
How can he be fired for "just cause" if the cause of firing is that he won't give up compensation he's contractually entitled to? That's not a hypothetical, that's a fantasy.
I never said that.

We are under an investigation. There is something behind it. We don't know how big yet but we know it is something. There are off-court incidents involving players and recruit's moms that are too well known to be lies. That is the cause, not what he may or may not do in the future. However, if he still plays hard ball, given cause and his destruction if the program, he is no longer family and loses what remaining respect I have for him.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Do you have a reading disorder? I never said that. And the people who "liked" this irrational and dishonest drivel are equally damaged.

We are under an investigation. There is something behind it. We don't know how big yet but we know it is something. There are off-court incidents involving players and recruit's moms that are too well known to be lies. That is the cause, not what he may or may not do in the future. However, if he still plays hard ball, given cause and his destruction if the program, he is no longer family and loses what remaining respect I have for him.
In the whole KO issue you are unhinged
Calling folks names, eluding to family of KO, throwing out BS innuendos, etc
Why don't you just calm down and let the future of KO rest in the hands of those who have that power to do so
Do you think that KO or anyone besides yourself really cares that you have any respect for him (which is obvious zero)?
KO is and always will be UConn family
We are under an investigation. There is something behind it. We don't know how big yet but we know it is something
You know it's something? Please fill us in. "We" have no idea

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure which one of these clowns is his son.
This statement itself proves that there is something rationally incorrect with the author on the subject of KO's status and future of coaching at UConn.
Tom, I highly suggest that this individual needs a "time out" for an extended period of time before things get out of hand
KO's son would not post anything on this subject never mind even posting on the BY

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We are under an investigation. There is something behind it. We don't know how big yet but we know it is something
You know it's something? Please fill us in. "We" have no idea

It's either nothing or something. If it was truly nothing, there wouldn't be a hundred hours of interviews specifically relating to UCONN. I don't know what it is, but the NCAA clearly saw something. They're not going to put all that time, effort and money into nothing, Emmert be damned.

Reaction Score
"Stuff"

You are right. I probably crossed the line. I cleaned it up.

But make no mistake, I was misinterpreted and you guys are on the wrong side of this argument.

C

Chief00

It's either nothing or something. If it was truly nothing, there wouldn't be a hundred hours of interviews specifically relating to UCONN. I don't know what it is, but the NCAA clearly saw something. They're not going to put all that time, effort and money into nothing, Emmert be damned.

Remember UNC was ultimately nothing.
Remember they had to create a retroactive rule to nail us on APR and make that something.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Remember UNC was ultimately nothing.
Remember they had to create a retroactive rule to nail us on APR and make that something.

The NCAA didn't even want to investigate UNC. smh

Reaction Score
IMO we have to give KO next year....please stop mentioning a Dukie coaching a UCONN team.

I'll take Kevin with next years group over any switch. If next year is not a tournament team, then we regroup.

Reaction Score
IMO we have to give KO next year....please stop mentioning a Dukie coaching a UCONN team.

I'll take Kevin with next years group over any switch. If next year is not a tournament team, then we regroup.
You're thinking of the wrong Hurley - Dan Hurley went to Seton Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom