Girls McDonald's Game | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Girls McDonald's Game

Reaction Score
I thought the 2015 McDonalds game with Asia Durrs was really entertaining. The 2016 game wasn't too bad either with Destiny Slocum. The last three were sort of duds.

Reaction Score
I thought the 2015 McDonalds game with Asia Durrs was really entertaining. The 2016 game wasn't too bad either with Destiny Slocum. The last three were sort of duds.
The 2015 game was a lot of fun. I remember Durr, Ogunbowale, Mabrey, and Watts going off. The 2014 game came down to a go-ahead basket. I agree with you on the last three being pretty tame. Good thing they are just all-star games though

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Jordan Brand game 2 years ago featured Kiana Williams, Chasity Patterson, Anastasia Hayes, Chennedy Carter, and Dana Evans. It was full of speedy PGs.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'm not certain Geno was looking. When she first came on the scene there was an article that stated that both ND and UCONN had "major" interest in Sammie. Things just kind of fizzled after that seemingly for both UCONN and ND. @Dillon77 thoughts?
I don't remember anything specific re Puisis and her recruitment. She verballed to FSU in September of '17, so about 14 months before the early signing period.

I just looked up an article on her commitment. ND atnd UConn are said to have had interest but are not listed among her offers. It seems like maybe she wanted to commit early and she wasn't willing to wait and see if she would get an ND or UConn offer?

At any rate, she shot very well both in this game and in the 3-point contest. Seems like a very good get for Semrau. Florida State was really young this year. They bring everybody back and add these two. Future is looking good for the Seminoles.

Hey 'yarders. Sorry for the delay (between being in a very long jury selection process and family birthdays, free time is hard to come by!:rolleyes: ). So, time to take advantage of this lunch break.

I do remember Sammie Puisis and there was talk about some degree of mutual interest, with ND coaches spotted in southern Ohio watching high school and/or AAU games. And Sammie did come to see an ND women's hoops game unofficially in March 2017. Of course, looking back in retrospect: the ND coaching staff may very well have been looking at Sammie P.'s high school competitor, AAU teammate and (now) buddy, one Abby Prohaska (now an ND frosh). And that game Sammie came to see? It was ND vs.....Florida State. So there may :rolleyes: have been a misinterpretation by the Bench (ahem, me.).

In any case, as she explained upon committing, Sammie's older sister plays volleyball for Florida Gulf State and I think other family is in the Sunshine State.

In any case, in the Mickey D game, at one point Sammie P. and Sam B. were spread out and wide open on either side of the three point line and I was wondering who would get the pass to unleash a three. Neither...Cooke drove to the basket! ;)

Back to the courtroom!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Aubrey looked good, especially on defense. Wish we could’ve seen more.

Jordan Horstan stole the show...graceful and athletic...

Reaction Score
Hey 'yarders. Sorry for the delay (between being in a very long jury selection process and family birthdays, free time is hard to come by!:rolleyes: ). So, time to take advantage of this lunch break.

I do remember Puisis and there was talk about some degree of mutual interest with ND coaches spotted in southern Ohio watching high school and/or AAU games. And Sam did come to see a game unofficially in March 2017. Of course, looking back in retrospect: the ND coaching staff may very well have been looking at Sammie P.'s high school competitor, AAU teammate and (now) buddy, one Abby Prohaska. And that game Sammie came to see? It was ND vs.....Florida State. So there may :rolleyes: have been a misinterpretation by the Bench (ahem, me.).

In any case, as she explained upon committing, her sister plays volleyball for Florida Gulf State and I think other family is in the Sunshine State.

In any case, at one point Sammie P. and Sam B. were spread out on either side of the three point line and I was wondering who would get the pass. Neither...Cook drove to the basket! ;)

Back to the courtroom!

*COOKE !!!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
*COOKE !!!

My apologies for the misspelling: duly corrected. Not deliberate I assure you (but not sure it merited three of your exclamation points ;) ) I'll be very interested to see how Dawn meshes all her returning starters and this incoming class.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
One thing that jumped out at me, haven't seen it mentioned. There's been talk of Kennedy Brown wanting to play the 3 and Oregon St. maybe giving her the opportunity to do it. It was a limited sample size, but for some reason she was guarding Puisis during the 3rd quarter. Well, trying to guard her, not successfully. Kept losing her for open 3's or drives. Brown looked fairly coordinated and fluid for 6-6, but can't see her guarding on the perimeter at this point.

Reaction Score
My apologies for the misspelling: duly corrected. Not deliberate I assure you (but not sure it merited three of your exclamation points ;) ) I'll be very interested to see how Dawn meshes all her returning starters and this incoming class.

The extra exclamation points were due to finger slippage :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom