Girls McDonald's Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Girls McDonald's Game

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I saw her on multiple possessions in the first quarter.
I’ve watched Aubrey’s last 4 games in person. Trust me, she was not on the court. Perhaps you’re confusing her with Celeste Taylor who is also from NY.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
3rd quarter has turned into a 2 player showdown between Rickea Jackson and Sammie Puisis.

Reaction Score
I’ve watched Aubrey’s last 4 games in person. Trust me, she was not on the court. Perhaps you’re confusing her with Celeste Taylor who is also from NY.

I can assure you Aubrey played. I’ve seen her enough time to know who she is and she was definitely in.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Hard to keep track when Brooke Weisbrod and whatshisface would rather have a casual conversation instead of talking about the game.

The commentary every year on this game is atrocious because they don't pay one lick of attention to the game itself.

Somehow it's even annoying to watch muted because they are constantly putting intrusive graphics on the screen on cutting to something irrelevant (I don't need to see Rickea Jackson puffing on her asthma inhaler or whatever)

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Turning into a blowout.

There have been a lot of missed contested shots in the paint.

Neither of them are the biggest headliners, but both of Florida State's commits look solid to me.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I can assure you Aubrey played. I’ve seen her enough time to know who she is and she was definitely in.
She is #44 on the East Squad. ESPN just showed her in a split screen, sitting on the bench, applauding her teammates. She did not play at all in the 3rd qtr. She’s on the court to start the 4th.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They just did some talking about Aubrey. Talked about how she broke some NY high school scoring record previously held by Stewie. Weisbrod said, "She just has the look of an All-American."

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Yeah so far not super impressed by the incoming Stanford recruits (relative to the hype, that is). Belibi has had some nice moves but Jones seems a step slow and Prechtel has had a hard time holding on to the basketball. East team seems much more composed to me.

ETA: Prechtel is suffering from a hand injury, and it wasn't 100% clear if she'd play, so that might explain the ball handling?

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah so far not super impressed by the incoming Stanford recruits (relative to the hype, that is). Belibi has had some nice moves but Jones seems a step slow and Prechtel has had a hard time holding on to the basketball. East team seems much more composed to me.

Many players don't thrive in an all star game setting, I hope that's the case here. But definitely Jones as the best player in her class, just don't see it on the floor today.

Reaction Score
Boston hasn't impressed. She has gotten a lot of looks inside. She was getting soft doubled in the first half. To start the second half she was paired with Brunelle who passed into her for one-on-one post isolations

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Meh. Boring game. A few players looked good, but just so many missed shots.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I guess it will be a while before a box score is available. It really is unwatchable since the commentary is intolerable but when you mute it, I have no idea who is who so I rely on the BY to analyze and distill.

Reaction Score
I guess it will be a while before a box score is available. It really is unwatchable since the commentary is intolerable but when you mute it, I have no idea who is who so I rely on the BY to analyze and distill.

I think I only heard about 8 maybe 10 players names mentioned...I thought there were 20 players total on rosters. :rolleyes:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

#44 in black entered the game with 4:44 left in the first quarter and played for the remainder of the quarter. If it wasn't Aubrey, then someone stole her jersey :p

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
#44 in black entered the game with 4:44 left in the first quarter and played for the remainder of the quarter. If it wasn't Aubrey, then someone stole her jersey :p
I can’t imagine what I was looking at. Obviously, I need more fiber in my diet or something. :confused:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
These "All Star " games are usually are mostly unwatchable .....girls or boys. You're not going to see quality bball or an accurate representation of kids.

Unwatchable does not begin to describe their play. Woow! They setting back women's basketball. I watched the first half and decided I would watch the 2nd half recording to see Aubrey Griffin. I haven't watched the boy's game which recorded. I hope it is better.

Reaction Score
I thought Rikea Jackson?, the point guard going to ND, Sam Brunnelle, and the kid who made a bunch of 3's, all looked like they had skills. Really difficult to make any projection of their success in college from this game.

Reaction Score
Box score anywhere?

I was very impressed with Beal. And with Boston. And with Horston. Brunelle not so much.

And I was surprised that the 3-point shooting was abysmal.

But these athletes are big and fast and strong. Tremendous athleticism.

Did I miss Griffin? Didn't hear her name.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Box score anywhere?

I was very impressed with Beal. And with Boston. And with Horston. Brunelle not so much.

And I was surprised that the 3-point shooting was abysmal.

But these athletes are big and fast and strong. Tremendous athleticism.

Did I miss Griffin? Didn't hear her name.

I found this scan and scanned it for our analysis
1553729297092.png

Reaction Score
I can’t imagine what I was looking at. Obviously, I need more fiber in my diet or something. :confused:

I knew my eyes weren’t deceiving me! Lol

Reaction Score
Yep, thought so. Aliyah Boston: 120 rebounds and 9 points. Impressive.

But what really impressed me as a UConn type player was Brea Beal. She only scored 6 points, but look at the 8 rebounds and 3 big-time blocks, a steal and an assist.

Fran Belibi was also very impressive: 10 rebounds, 2 assists, an assist and a steal. Very athletic. The only downside was the infuriating drivel of the announcers that couldn't stop talking about her goggles. I think they were bored.

Not an impressive performance by Aubrey Griffin, however. Lots of other strong players.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
But what really impressed me as a UConn type player was Brea Beal. She only scored 6 points, but look at the 8 rebounds and 3 big-time blocks, a steal and an assist.

2-9 shooting and 2-5 from the free throw line is maybe less UConn-ish?

Peoples also had 8 boards and 3 blocks to go with 11 points (4-8 FG, 3-4 FT) and 3 steals.

Brunelle made the most of her opportunities (3-3 FG) but didn't get the ball much. Couple of nice entry passes to Boston, too, though she threw it away on one attempt. I would like to see Sam be stronger on the boards.

Obviously, I was focused mostly on the ND duo....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ND fans should be excited for Peoples and Brunelle. Peoples was in there fighting for rebounds (8) and got some nice defensive plays. She looked like a PG version of Jackie Young. Brunelle is going to be good for spacing the floor at the 4 position. I noticed that she was a good passer into the post and effective because her player had to guard her out there.

Jackson was amazing in the second half. She is going to be the second coming of Victoria Vivian's at MissSt.

The SC trio was good, and add in Amihere.... That's a really good class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom