Gillespie with a nasty knee injury | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Gillespie with a nasty knee injury

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Question for those more knowledgeable than I...

There’s been chatter on here about how much the selection committee will factor Bouk’s injury into our tournament seed - the idea being that we may get a favorable bump because we were missing Bouk for 8 games, and now we have him back. So...does the reverse hold true for late season injuries like with Gillespie? Will Nova get dinged in seeding because the team going to the tourney is not the same team that got em there?

(This is, of course, assuming Gillespie is out. I’d love for him to recover and be able to play in the tourney. Rival or not, it’s really sad that he may have to miss March Madness again.)

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Can Bouk get away with it? Does anyone else get away with it? When 75% of your offensive game requires the ref to swallow their whistle. You aren’t that good. It’s Villanova NBE favor. And y’all drinking Kool Aid

Bouk doesn't really play that way, but yes of course tons of players get away with it. Just like tons of players get away with everything sometimes, and nothing other times.

Come on man. You sound like a classic homer that just is bitter the kid is good. You think he's the ONLY player in the country that gets calls, and it's ALWAYS, and it's because the refs just like him and Nova and he's not actually very good? That's the take here?

Reaction Score
Bouk doesn't really play that way, but yes of course tons of players get away with it. Just like tons of players get away with everything sometimes, and nothing other times.

Come on man. You sound like a classic homer that just is bitter the kid is good. You think he's the ONLY player in the country that gets calls, and it's ALWAYS, and it's because the refs just like him and Nova and he's not actually very good? That's the take here?
He’s not BE POTY good. Period. End of Story. Name one other player in CBB or in the BE for that matter that gets away with it at the rate he does. Nobody. He’s ok, he a high division 1 basketball player. I’m not saying he’s garbage. But the way he’s talked about...I just don’t see it. Never have. And bitter that someone is good at basketball? lmaoo. Why don’t I feel that way about zegarowski, or mamu, or any of the other great BE players that are better than Gillespie?

Why can’t it just be that I don’t think he’s that good? He’s a system player, who to his praise takes advantage of the favorable calls. Y’all can be Gillespie fans, have at it. I’m just not

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He’s not BE POTY good. Period. End of Story. Name one other player in CBB or in the BE for that matter that gets away with it at the rate he does. Nobody. He’s ok, he a high division 1 basketball player. I’m not saying he’s garbage. But the way he’s talked about...I just don’t see it. Never have. And bitter that someone is good at basketball lmaoo. Why don’t I feel that way about zegarowski, or mamu, or any of the other great BE players that are better than Gillespie?

I have no idea why. I just told you what you sound like, I can't speak to your motivations or why you dislike him. If it's strictly his game, fine, you don't think he's as good as others do ... but your arguments aren't exactly flawless.

Reaction Score
I have no idea why. I just told you what you sound like, I can't speak to your motivations or why you dislike him. If it's strictly his game, fine, you don't think he's as good as others do ... but your arguments aren't exactly flawless.
There’s no such thing as a “flawless” argument when it comes to opinion. None of you can deny that a major part of his game is getting away with offensive fouls lmao. That’s the elephant in the room that y’all continue to defend

Reaction Score

Is this as bad as an ACL? I don’t think torn MCLs have been as common. Could be wrong. Those non contact injuries are always the worst

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked if he returns next year, so we will be dealing with him again.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t take a detective to figure out which coach used the word “brutal” in a text message to Jeff ... lol
5418D5C6-DF44-4B59-A1EE-9854C893D57D.jpeg

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
He's not dead, or stricken with a terminal illness. He's injured and we're discussing how his loss might impact or not impact his team. The boneyard has become incredibly sensitive. No one attacked the kid and almost everyone wished him the best
Boneyard Sensitive? Nowhere do these ever share space

Reaction Score
He’s not BE POTY good. Period. End of Story. Name one other player in CBB or in the BE for that matter that gets away with it at the rate he does. Nobody. He’s ok, he a high division 1 basketball player. I’m not saying he’s garbage. But the way he’s talked about...I just don’t see it. Never have. And bitter that someone is good at basketball? lmaoo. Why don’t I feel that way about zegarowski, or mamu, or any of the other great BE players that are better than Gillespie?

Why can’t it just be that I don’t think he’s that good? He’s a system player, who to his praise takes advantage of the favorable calls. Y’all can be Gillespie fans, have at it. I’m just not

Ok boys, maybe you aren't pals but "How about a Fresca?"

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

I put Zeharowsi a d Mamu in the same overrated designation and they are not great

Reaction Score
No, the MCL has a good blood supply so it heals faster.

Not 100% accurate.

Really depends on where the MCL is torn. Is it off the tibia? Femur? Stener lesion?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With this injury we can definitely need to win the Tourney and then win 6 games and hoist our 5th NCAA Championship. GO UCONN!

Reaction Score
Are the refs the reason Gillespie has a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio and shoots 38% from 3 on 5.5 attempts/game?? I don't trust the basketball eyes of posters that can't see his talent. Dude is a gamer. I despise him, but that's the truth.
Dude’s a bully/crybaby. Could care less if he’s injured, other than I wish he was on he court so we can get shut him down next time around. Put him on an average team and he’s average throwing up threes and racking up offensive fouls.

Reaction Score
Wonder if he can play with a brace since they provide a lot more support for an mcl than an acl?

Reaction Score
Wonder if he can play with a brace since they provide a lot more support for an mcl than an acl?
During the UT-OU game, ESPN reported Gillespie's finished for this season. Return next year to welcome incoming younger brother?

Reaction Score
Dude’s a bully/crybaby. Could care less if he’s injured, other than I wish he was on he court so we can get shut him down next time around. Put him on an average team and he’s average throwing up threes and racking up offensive fouls.
You don’t know basketball.

Reaction Score
Not 100% accurate.

Really depends on where the MCL is torn. Is it off the tibia? Femur? Stener lesion?
I was communicating at the level of the audience. :)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom