Gillespie with a nasty knee injury | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gillespie with a nasty knee injury

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
So what, Kemba and Bazz drew calls all the time jerking their heads back. You play with what you got and what the refs will let you get away with. Gillespie is a really good college point guard.
If you’re competing you do whatever the refs let you do to get an advantage. Martin is an amazing rebounder in part because he knows how to get an advantage that the refs won’t see or call.

Reaction Score
So what, Kemba and Bazz drew calls all the time jerking their heads back. You play with what you got and what the refs will let you get away with. Gillespie is a really good college point guard.
Sure compare Gillespie to Kemba and Bazz. The head jerk wasn’t there source of offense lmao. Take away the post pushoffs from Gillespie and he’s not impressive. He’s perfect for Novas system and he does a good job taking advantage of the favorable non whistle. I respect, just don’t think he’s POY good. He’s overrated in that sense

Reaction Score
Sure compare Gillespie to Kemba and Bazz. The head jerk wasn’t there source of offense lmao. Take away the post pushoffs from Gillespie and he’s not impressive. He’s perfect for Novas system and he does a good job taking advantage of the favorable non whistle. I respect, just don’t think he’s POY good. He’s overrated in that sense
Correct Martin is cunning in getting away with things down low. Gillespie is blatant, he’s just the BE darling and plays for the BE darling. It’s not skill, it’s favor

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I've dealt with family who were Villanova fans. And that was before I had family actually graduate from there. They laughed at the "Patrick Can You Read This?" signs.

So, I don't care about Gillespie. There wasn't anything dirty or intentional. He got hurt. Part of the game. And I feel no remorse not feeling remorse over his injury affecting Nover going forward.
Incredible brain dead take.

Reaction Score
Don't pull a Nelson, I didn't compare him to them as a player, they are obviously both much better. I said they jerked their heads back all the time to draw calls, Gillespie draws fouls all the time by backing people down and creating contact. It's what good smart players do.

Reaction Score
Correct Martin is cunning in getting away with things down low. Gillespie is blatant, he’s just the BE darling and plays for the BE darling. It’s not skill, it’s favor
If you’re competing you do whatever the refs let you do to get an advantage. Martin is an amazing rebounder in part because he knows how to get an advantage that the refs won’t see or call.

Reaction Score
Don't pull a Nelson, I didn't compare him to them as a player, they are obviously both much better. I said they jerked their heads back all the time to draw calls, Gillespie draws fouls all the time by backing people down and creating contact. It's what good smart players do.
He’s committing offensive fouls, not “creating contact”. Be honest

Reaction Score
They're offensive fouls if the refs call them. This just sounds like rationalizing something when UConn players do it and complaining when a guy on another team does it.
Can Bouk get away with it? Does anyone else get away with it? When 75% of your offensive game requires the ref to swallow their whistle. You aren’t that good. It’s Villanova NBE favor. And y’all drinking Kool Aid

Reaction Score
Can Bouk get away with it? Does anyone else get away with it? When 75% of your offensive game requires the ref to swallow their whistle. You aren’t that good. It’s Villanova NBE favor. And y’all drinking Kool Aid
Bouk doesn’t take his defender into the post like, ever.

Reaction Score
Bouk doesn’t take his defender into the post like, ever.
Ok. Never mind, we can’t have an honest discussion. UConn gets called for touch fouls all gave long. Andre Jackson got called for an offensive foul using the famous Gillespie push off last night. But I digress.

I honestly hope he’s ok, I would rather beat nova with him

Reaction Score
Ok. Never mind, we can’t have an honest discussion. UConn gets called for touch fouls all gave long. Andre Jackson got called for an offensive foul using the famous Gillespie push off last night. But I digress.

I honestly hope he’s ok, I would rather beat nova with him
Well I guess I just didn’t understand your point. Bouk shoots 6 FT’s per game so he gets some calls. The fact that Gillespie gets away with them
isn’t on him, it’s on the refs if they are all actual push offs. You take advantage of everything you can.

Reaction Score
Well I guess I just didn’t understand your point. Bouk shoots 6 FT’s per game so he gets some calls. The fact that Gillespie gets away with them
isn’t on him, it’s on the refs if they are all actual push offs. You take advantage of everything you can.
I’m not saying it’s his fault. He should continue to do it, he’d be insane not too. My point is he isn’t BE POTY good and he’s seen as the favorite to be that. Which is why I said he’s overrated. If Sanogo could get away with that he’d average 40. I respect the kid, get it how you get it. It doesn’t mean I can’t be honest

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They're offensive fouls if the refs call them. This just sounds like rationalizing something when UConn players do it and complaining when a guy on another team does it.

They call them against others, not against him. He's lowering his shoulder to the chest, which I believe is an offensive foul by rule even if the defender doesn't have position. It's pretty egregious. Now shoulder to arm suggests he got by his man and that's a block.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
They call them against others, not against him. He's lowering his shoulder to the chest, which I believe is an offensive foul by rule even if the defender doesn't have position. It's pretty egregious. Now shoulder to arm suggests he got by his man and that's a block.
League-wide ref conspiracy? Please dish

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
When Bouk was out we acted as if the sky was falling, so double standards. It’s not being over sensitive it’s just not being respectful and at the same time discounting his abilities because we don’t like the way he plays.
A) It's March.
B) I've quite honestly been surprised by how much caring and empathetic concern has been directed toward him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
League-wide ref conspiracy? Please dish

Lebron does it. Harden does it. Name guys get away with it. Jordan did it all the time.
Collin takes advantage of it because he can. He's a damned good player.

Reaction Score
Are the refs the reason Gillespie has a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio and shoots 38% from 3 on 5.5 attempts/game?? I don't trust the basketball eyes of posters that can't see his talent. Dude is a gamer. I despise him, but that's the truth.

Reaction Score

You should think about what you're saying. You're saying that 75% of the offensive game of a kid that was a Big East player of the year candidate is the refs giving him calls and that he's not that good. It's not even worth debating it's so silly.

Reaction Score
I watched the Nova game. I didn't see that much I found egregious. I saw two teams struggle offensively. Mostly because of the opposing D. I saw a Nova team that outmuscled our team down the stretch. It was a good lesson for us. Exposed a weakness of ours.

Reaction Score
Good players at any level adjust their game to the refs on any given day.They go with the flow.. If they don't.They're on the bench in foul trouble or fouled out.

It's really quite simple. Nova PGs are coached on how to read the refs and how to use it to their advantage. Their coach also works the refs in subtle ways.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom