Gilbert's shoulder | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gilbert's shoulder

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
So unfortunate. Kid had real talent, hopefully he gets lucky and can eventually heal.

Reaction Score
Do you not care if you say dumb things? Implicit in your post is we should have turned down a very highly thought of PG one year because if we took him then the next year a PG who didn't seem so interested in us wouldn't have felt like it wouldn't have been "his team" from day one? Seriosly.

Not what I meant at all. I should have been more clear. If Waters had interest in UCONN last spring after MAL went to Providence but first wanted assurance from Ollie that he would be the starter and Ollie did not give him that assurance because we had Gilbert, that would be coaching malpractice, or at the very least recruiting malpractice. I hope that did not happen because AG getting reinjured always seemed like a probability to me.

Reaction Score
Not what I meant at all. I should have been more clear. If Waters had interest in UCONN last spring after MAL went to Providence but first wanted assurance from Ollie that he would be the starter and Ollie did not give him that assurance because we had Gilbert, that would be coaching malpractice, or at the very least recruiting malpractice. I hope that did not happen because AG getting reinjured always seemed like a probability to me.

Do you think Calhoun would have done that? Given the starting position through a promise to a high schooler?

Reaction Score
Do you think Calhoun would have done that? Given the starting position through a promise to a high schooler?

After a losing season like last year knowing that AG's shoulder injury will never go away, I think Calhoun would have told a stud like Waters whatever he wanted to hear to get him to Storrs. Of course he then would have made Waters puke at the first practice .

I'm pretty sure that Calhoun is on record that he would lie to recruits, do you really find that shocking?

Reaction Score
I think everyone needs to take a step back with the speculation. Sure it doesn’t look great now, but let’s hold off until at least half way through the season before we make any grand write-offs

C

Chief00

I think everyone needs to take a step back with the speculation. Sure it doesn’t look great now, but let’s hold off until at least half way through the season before we make any grand write-offs
Chief lives ahead of the conventional wisdom curve - I am not dumbing down to satisfy the casual fan wishful thinking bias. Hopefully, there’s enough posters who appreciate good information regardless of how it falls into the positive or negative news categories. Having said that I am an optimist by nature but I do have to keep it real.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
After a losing season like last year knowing that AG's shoulder injury will never go away, I think Calhoun would have told a stud like Waters whatever he wanted to hear to get him to Storrs. Of course he then would have made Waters puke at the first practice .

I'm pretty sure that Calhoun is on record that he would lie to recruits, do you really find that shocking?

Since every recruit who talked about this issue said Calhoun never promised them anything and always emphasized that they'd have to earn their minutes, you are off.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Since every recruit who talked about this issue said Calhoun never promised them anything and always emphasized that they'd have to earn their minutes, you are off.

Including our current head coach, who had to earn his starting position every season.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Chief lives ahead of the conventional wisdom curve - I am not dumbing down to satisfy the casual fan wishful thinking bias. Hopefully, there’s enough posters who appreciate good information regardless of how it falls into the positive or negative news categories. Having said that I am an optimist my nature but I do have to keep it real.
Really going out on a limb there chief.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Will someone please stop speculating and give us a real update? Is it hurting, uncomfortable, or reinjured?
Yes, yes and not clear yet. I believe that’s what they’re trying to determine.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Really going out on a limb there chief.

Limbs are not for casual fans like yourself. But like Chief has always said, we do need casual fans!

And a teleportation device; Chief needs his teleportation device.

Reaction Score
Put this in his shoulder and we're never worry again.

JAWBONE-OF-AN-ASS.jpg

Reaction Score
Chief lives ahead of the conventional wisdom curve - I am not dumbing down to satisfy the casual fan wishful thinking bias. Hopefully, there’s enough posters who appreciate good information regardless of how it falls into the positive or negative news categories. Having said that I am an optimist my nature but I do have to keep it real.

I have a friend who had a stroke recently and the gibberish texts that he’s been sending me have more insight than this word salad.

C

Chief00

I have a friend who had a stroke recently and the gibberish texts that he’s been sending me have more insight than this word salad.

I hope your friend gets well.
As for Gilbert, I believe in optimism but not at the expense of the facts on the ground.

Reaction Score
Boy KO didn't sound too optimistic in press conference about AG...."see where his heart is" and something about " if he wants to go another direction...surgery maybe? unless I completely misheard? He did say he's a great coach on the bench.

Reaction Score

Uconndogs doesn’t think Chief has both oars in the water.

Reaction Score
The staff needs to recruit like he is no longer on the team and treat anything we get from him as gravy. We can't keep having seasons blown up because AG can't play.

"Needed", past tense.

Letting MAL get away at the last minute after being in the fold for months, over playing time concerns, was an unconscionable blunder.

Then failing to keep Waters in the state of CT was horrible.

Reaction Score
Boy KO didn't sound too optimistic in press conference about AG...."see where his heart is" and something about " if he wants to go another direction...surgery maybe? unless I completely misheard? He did say he's a great coach on the bench.

Really makes letting MAL get poached a dereliction of duty.

Reaction Score
Thank God we got Anderson otherwise would be a complete disaster. Hope we have keyed on a Grad Transfer PG for 2018 with JA leaving I assume.

I hope against hope we get AG back this year and beyond but it seems like he may always be "day to day"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom