Gilbert's shoulder | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gilbert's shoulder

Reaction Score
I know AG will be great for us in the future, but I will say it again, we should start AA over him. Bring AG off of the bench and only use him like 20 minutes a game until late in the season. Let him know that he will be the "man" next season. This will allow him to heal properly.

Reaction Score
He needs to be upfront about any pain immediately and coaches need to take it seriously. I'm not an elite athkete but have had multiple rehabs from major surgery so I no the good and the bad of it

Reaction Score
Can't recall exactly what Pikiell's injury was early in his UConn playing days, but I think it was a shoulder and he was very limited in ability and playing time his last couple years. I'm fearing it's the same with Gilbert which would be devastating for both him and UConn.

Reaction Score
The staff needs to recruit like he is no longer on the team and treat anything we get from him as gravy. We can't keep having seasons blown up because AG can't play.

This. 2nd year in a row where he may not make it to December.

Reaction Score
I would not be shocked if Cobb did not play. I predicted he would come back against Monmoth. If sooner, better. But AG is heartbreaking.

Reaction Score
Just getting a small preview of AG's play this season, he appears to have been capable of being the next Kemba/Bazz. He's the kind of player you build a team around. After that knock in the Mich St game, he has not been the same.

Reaction Score
If you are telling me Waters would be here if not for AG all I can say is I hope that is not true. That would be coaching malpractice.

Do you not care if you say dumb things? Implicit in your post is we should have turned down a very highly thought of PG one year because if we took him then the next year a PG who didn't seem so interested in us wouldn't have felt like it wouldn't have been "his team" from day one? Seriosly.

Reaction Score
We need Gilbert at the level he started to show against MSU. He is our season because we can't afford to lose 1 quality player on this roster.

Reaction Score
Can't recall exactly what Pikiell's injury was early in his UConn playing days, but I think it was a shoulder and he was very limited in ability and playing time his last couple years. I'm fearing it's the same with Gilbert which would be devastating for both him and UConn.

Pikiell and Ricky were chronic shoulder guys (as am I). Those stupid things just do not always heal right and I had a feeling that AG would not/will not have an easy road with it.

C

Chief00

We need Gilbert at the level he started to show against MSU. He is our season because we can't afford to lose 1 quality player on this roster.

Sorry - Don’t see AG playing at MSU level anytime soon.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So the only thing I caught in terms of any update on AG's shoulder last night was Taylor Rooks's pregame report from the trainer, who apparently emphasized the complicated history of the problem and said they were trying to evaluate it and "see where they go from here" or words to that effect, given the level of pain and discomfort he was in. Anyone have any more insight or information on the status? "See where they go from here" did not sound as promising as I had hoped.

Reaction Score
glad we have JA coming on board....
AG career path is starting like Ricky Moore's...
Hope he can overcome this

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
So nothing new on Gilbert for Saturday ?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's worse than they thought; looks like the tee is in there too:

Untitled11_original_original_original_crop_exact.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member