Gilbert's shoulder | The Boneyard

Gilbert's shoulder

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Any updates if he got a stinger or is he in trouble again?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I know he went down hard in the MSU game. Got rejected and crashed to the court. As the Spartans transitioned up court Alterique writhed in pain where he landed. Left the court and bench for a bit then returned.

Did I miss something yesterday?

Reaction Score
I know he went down hard in the MSU game. Got rejected and crashed to the court. As the Spartans transitioned up court Alterique writhed in pain where he landed. Left the court and bench for a bit then returned.

Immediately we won the tip and he wouldn't reach with his left arm to catch it before it went out of bounds. No one noticed but I did. Then he ran around with his left elbow up when ever he was guarding or not handling the ball, there is a problem there and I'm going to guess this can never be a good thing again.

Reaction Score
Change yo game obviously you have a brace for a reason so why are you attacking the rim throwing up these praying off balance layups while the bigs are right there, use the floater , take the foul line jay or better yet pass or throw the lob but I forgot when he does throw the lob it’s a turnover.. I’m just tired of seeing him hit the floor every single game so far

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score

He scored one point, & reporters said playing time & performance was limited due to an irritated shoulder. Not good for a guy with multiple surgeries.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
He scored one point, & reporters said playing time & performance was limited due to an irritated shoulder. Not good for a guy with multiple surgeries.

So talented but if Ollie survives he'll have to recruit over Alterique . Bring him off the bench the rest of the season and possibly his Uconn career . It's horrible but MAL was "recruiting over" Alterique and we would've been better off with AG coming off the bench. Oh well. Smh

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but once you've had multiple instability episodes and revision surgery after a surgical failure there is a much higher likelihood of both ongoing mild instability and of risk of re-dislocation. If I could have said one thing to him before the season, it's that the highest risk activities for him in basketball would be diving for loose balls, getting outmuscled on rebounds, and crashing in uncontrolled fashion to the floor. He's done the latter multiple times in each game on his drives to the hoop. One thing only he and the surgeon know are what type of instability operation was performed, and is there an issue of glenoid or Hill-Sachs bone loss/deficiency from his injuries.

shoulderdislocation3.jpg

He may need some rest and rehab time, and then he'll need to deal with it all season. I hope he can keep those three game situations under some control the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but once you've had multiple instability episodes and revision surgery after a surgical failure there is a much higher likelihood of both ongoing mild instability and of risk of re-dislocation. If I could have said one thing to him before the season, it's that the highest risk activities for him in basketball would be diving for loose balls, getting outmuscled on rebounds, and crashing in uncontrolled fashion to the floor. He's done the latter multiple times in each game on his drives to the hoop. One thing only he and the surgeon know are what type of instability operation was performed, and is there an issue of glenoid or Hill-Sachs bone loss/deficiency from his injuries.

shoulderdislocation3.jpg

He may need some rest and rehab time, and then he'll need to deal with it all season. I hope he can keep those three game situations under some control the rest of the season.

Thanks Doc. Thing is with his inability to use his arm the other day no way he should even play he can't guard, can't go hard left on the dribble and won't rebound or reach. Love the kids passion to play through it but CV or AA will need to play more if it is going to be like this. Hopefully some rest helps but I'm afraid this will be chronic for the poor kid.

Reaction Score
Too bad for AG. But don’t forget we have 4 years of this kid. He will do big things for us.

Reaction Score
Too bad for AG. But don’t forget we have 4 years of this kid. He will do big things for us.
Not so sure as this is a recurring theme with him the last 3 years. Sounds like he will be only good for limited minutes off the bench.

Reaction Score
Amore tweeted that larrier practiced today but Alterique (and Cobb) didn’t. Very concerned for the kid.

Reaction Score
Same. "day to day" after what we saw over the weekend, after yet another operation? ugh

Reaction Score
Tremont Waters should be our starting point guard right now.

If you are telling me Waters would be here if not for AG all I can say is I hope that is not true. That would be coaching malpractice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom