Gilbert Nail Tough | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gilbert Nail Tough

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's theads like this that make me hate the mods for removing the ban posters ability when you create a thread.

Reaction Score
Shame on you. Boatright was a baller from Day 1. In my opinion, it was Boat who won us the title in 2014. Not to take anything away from Bazz, who was sensational, but when Boat bought in to being a Robin to Bazz being Batman sealed the deal. The two of them was as nasty a backcourt in the history of the NCAA.

PS. Love Gilbert as well. By far the most talented kid on the team.
I agree, shame on me. Don't know what my problem was. Never disliked him per se, but got on him more than I should have. We definitely don't win in 2014 without him.

Reaction Score
I agree, shame on me. Don't know what my problem was. Never disliked him per se, but got on him more than I should have. We definitely don't win in 2014 without him.
Don't beat yourself up. Boat is the type of kid who could easily draw criticism. But he balled. Almost always.

Reaction Score
When is he last time you saw a player cramp up and have to come out of the game?

It was his fault or the trainer's. It should NEVER happen.

Sorry dudes. But that's a fact.

I says nothing about his game or his heart.

But it should NEVER, EVER happen.

Have you ever played a sport? Remember LBJ in Game 1 of the finals against the Spurs? It happens ..go to bed

Reaction Score
When is he last time you saw a player cramp up and have to come out of the game?

it happens

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You should never call someone an idiot. You should say their post is idiotic. Attack the post not the poster. But in this case the post and the poster are correct.
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Gilbert was our leader tonight in most respects. Hitting those two clutch treys was big. We should all be delighted to have him as our point for as long as he can. Thanks Al. Want to add that he's on the floor an awful lot. Wish it wasn't so, because it raises the injury risk.

Reaction Score
Look, the kid did it solely to make you right, and you don't even have the smarts to recognize it or the decency to thank him.
I am not making any comment on the kid's play. But if you wonder why we lose, ask yourself, when was the last time you saw the key player for a team leave the game with cramps.

This is a simple example of bad hydration. It doesn't get more basic. Dehydration makes a kid more susceptible to fatigue, injury or cramps. Look at the play. He isn't hit. His leg fails on the way to the hoop.

This wasn't an accident. It was someone's fault. It could have been the player. It could have been the trainer. In any case this is the kind of thing that should not happen. Period.

Reaction Score
I am not making any comment on the kid's play. But if you wonder why we lose, ask yourself, when was the last time you saw the key player for a team leave the game with cramps.

This is a simple example of bad hydration. It doesn't get more basic. Dehydration makes a kid more susceptible to fatigue, injury or cramps. Look at the play. He isn't hit. His leg fails on the way to the hoop.

This wasn't an accident. It was someone's fault. It could have been the player. It could have been the trainer. In any case this is the kind of thing that should not happen. Period.

I get a cramp reading your nonsense

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Very similar. Little guy with a big heart.
Biggest difference- Boatright had a lot more bounce, which made it easier for him to be crafty and avoid contact. Unfortunately Gilbert doesn't have that bounce, which causes him to get swallowed up in the lane and injured.

True, but I think Gilbert is better long range shooting and also is arguably craftier in the lane. He’s a bit more of a shooting PG, whereas I always thought of Boat as a 2 all day, but in a small body.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

You still fail to recognize that the true reason that it happened was to make you right. What is wrong with you?

Reaction Score
Very similar. Little guy with a big heart.
Biggest difference- Boatright had a lot more bounce, which made it easier for him to be crafty and avoid contact. Unfortunately Gilbert doesn't have that bounce, which causes him to get swallowed up in the lane and injured.
I also think boat was a good two inches taller than Al though. Plus, different positions in that boat played PG out of team necessity when Bazz left, but I felt he was always a natural two guard. Gilbert has a better handle imo.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Reaction Score

“Oh you thought my first take was stupid. Hold my beer...”

Responds with this foolishness.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
A thread initiated to glamorize Alterique turns quickly into a criminal posterizing of palatine.

Boneyardin'

Epic run there by Gilbert. I shreiked like a little girl on the second trey.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Wow, doubling down on a post which should already be way out front for dumbest BY post of the year. Extra points should be awarded for the double down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom