Gilbert and Vital | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gilbert and Vital

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Vital leads the team in everything, he's critical to our success. Defense, rebounding and sticking 3's are his strength. He doesn't finish in a crowd well, but he's better this year than in the past.
Our best success came when Vital sat, he's is a cooler. He shot us out of two games so far. I think Hurley knows this but he has to finesse the situation.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
First half Gilbert penetrates , gets assists to players moving into position to receive pass. Second half Gilbert penetrates, others revert to standing and watching, Gilbert gets swallowed up.
Where the heck was Akok second half ?
And we scored only 21 points. But agree with you AG played well and was not the problem in that half. CV picked a perfect game to have one of his worse performances. Shot abysmally and his player consistently beat him on defense. Josh should have manhandled Xavier. He’s physically stronger than anyone they had guarding him. Problem is all between the ears.

Reaction Score
And we scored only 21 points. But agree with you AG played well and was not the problem in that half. CV picked a perfect game to have one of his worse performances. Shot abysmally and his player consistently beat him on defense. Josh should have manhandled Xavier. He’s physically stronger than anyone they had guarding him. Problem is all between the ears.

Because no one made shots. He was a solid PG in the first half no doubt, most of the game actually.(minus those 2 in a row AG brain farts). Not sure what you saw on D easily our best defender almost all game. Had to help a lot because of others but he didn't let Scruggs get new the paint hardly at all despite the height advantage. Actually Scruggs didn't want to dribble it all that much around him.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Because no one made shots. He was a solid PG in the first half no doubt, most of the game actually.(minus those 2 in a row AG brain farts). Not sure what you saw on D easily our best defender almost all game. Had to help a lot because of others but he didn't let Scruggs get new the paint hardly at all despite the height advantage. Actually Scruggs didn't want to dribble it all that much around him.
People don’t watch d in this forum apparently but he was rock solid. Tyler played d well. Brendan played well but he was obviously in pain. CV Akok and Carleton didn’t.

Reaction Score
People don’t watch d in this forum apparently but he was rock solid. Tyler played d well. Brendan played well but he was obviously in pain. CV Akok and Carleton didn’t.

Sucked about Brendan didn't know that was wondering about his minutes. Tyler too agree getting solid on that side.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Our best success came when Vital sat, he's is a cooler. He shot us out of two games so far. I think Hurley knows this but he has to finesse the situation.

The flip side is that he brought us back into games with straight up force of will.

He's as big a giveth/taketh guy as we've had.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The flip side is that he brought us back into games with straight up force of will.
Huh? We taking Vital or

1574523271642.png

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Huh? We taking Vital or
View attachment 48474

Did you see him boarding yesterday and keeping us in plays? He plays like the Tasmanian devil, which is great, until he gets the ball on offense without a clear open shot. Then he's Wile E Coyote.

Reaction Score

He's as big a giveth/taketh guy as we've had.

I have come to really love his rebounding efforts and have watched him win these in the trees a lot lately. I mean hard to root against the kid, same with AG but man get smarter please I know they both have it in them.

Reaction Score
Another thing on Gilbert, besides all the ill advised shots and penetrating way too far, he seems to be falling down about half the time he comes down the lane before these wild shots. He's basically making his 5'9 height about 4'7 as he's falling over and blindly thowing it up. The last play of the game he inexplicably fell over.

I'm at a complete loss with him, can't make any sense in what he's doing. He can beat his man all the time and early in the game he was beating and finding people and then it once again went off the rails.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom