Giants next head coach?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Csk6MvDUIAA-azo.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just amazing that Gettleman survives.

Took Snyder a decade to realize your coaching options can be limited by the front office above them.

Me thinks until Gettleman can prove he's competent, they Gints are stuck with second tier choices.

Reaction Score
Took Snyder a decade to realize your coaching options can be limited by the front office above them.

Me thinks until Gettleman can prove he's competent, they Gints are stuck with second tier choices.

This is what I am afraid of.

Rhule would be a great candidate, but if he has no interest in working with Gettleman (who would?)...

Reaction Score
Not amazing at all. The Mara family are among the most gutless in sports when it comes to doing what's comfortable instead of what's necessary. They value loyalty, continuity, and a conservative approach over innovation.
They believe letting other teams win titles benefits the NFL more, sharing the wealth. The only reason Eli Manning had his starting streak ended was because the Giants were the only NFL team who never started a black QB until Geno Davis. So you are right on.

Reaction Score
They believe letting other teams win titles benefits the NFL more, sharing the wealth. The only reason Eli Manning had his starting streak ended was because the Giants were the only NFL team who never started a black QB until Geno Davis. So you are right on.
wow

Reaction Score
What the hell is wrong with you? They have 4 titles. Black qb? Has nothing to do with it.

Reaction Score
Yet they have 4 Super Bowls. 2 in the last 20 years. I mean there are 27 teams that would trade what they have for what the giants accomplished.

Not amazing at all. The Mara family are among the most gutless in sports when it comes to doing what's comfortable instead of what's necessary. They value loyalty, continuity, and a conservative approach over innovation.

Reaction Score
I have no clue what you're trying to say and who is Geno Davis?

Reaction Score
Not shocking

but still amazing

Reaction Score
Is Gettleman really that incompetent? He cut OBJ loose and that looks to be the right move. They seem like they are okay with Jones at QB and Barkley at RB. Slayton even looks like a decent WR the last month or so.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Is Gettleman really that incompetent?

Yes, good God, yes.

His biggest defense is that some of his mid-round picks have been good...which makes him being horrendous in the first round even worse! The Leonard Williams trade! He's done about 12 insta-fire things as GM.

Reaction Score
Is Gettleman really that incompetent? He cut OBJ loose and that looks to be the right move. They seem like they are okay with Jones at QB and Barkley at RB. Slayton even looks like a decent WR the last month or so.

He's a dinosaur with no understanding of positional value or analytics, not to mention a football philosophy out of the 1960's.

A running back at #2 overall? Dear god.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just amazing that Gettleman survives.

Who says? Twitter said both the Giants and Browns were leaving the GM job up for consideration based on what their eventual coach feels is needed.

Reaction Score
Yes, good God, yes.

His biggest defense is that some of his mid-round picks have been good...which makes him being horrendous in the first round even worse! The Leonard Williams trade! He's done about 12 insta-fire things as GM.

I guess. I watched my GM's draft Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty all in Rds 1-4.

Reaction Score
I've lost all confidence in the Giants...they have returned to the Giants of my youth...a joke. John Mara may have the family name, but he doesn't have the track record as an executive and IMO has been an abject failure as CEO. All the success were moves instituted by Young & Acorssi..Wellington hires. Wellington hired Coughlin over objections from within.

Let's look at John's moves..

1. hired Reese...he won with Acorssi's players but the more influence he had the worse the team got

2. Fired Coughlin/Kept Reese

3. Hired Macdoo doo

4. Eli benching fiasco

5. Gettleman/Shumer

6. Keeping Gettleman while firing Shumer

7. Worst record in NFL since 2017

8. Terrible billion dollar stadium that alienated season ticket holders

If he was just an executive and not the owner he would have been fired along with Shumer...but he owns the team so he can continue to be incompetent. Tisch prob doesn't have any way around this. Sorry, but as long as Mara is making decisions I don't see this getting any better...especially with Gettleman in charge

Reaction Score
Yes, good God, yes.

His college drafts have some potential IMO..way better than Reese. But his free agent signings have been an abject failure...not to mention his arrogance while winning nothing and being allowed by Mara to hide from the media...I wasn't a Reese fan but at least he had the balls to deal with the press

Reaction Score
Who says? Twitter said both the Giants and Browns were leaving the GM job up for consideration based on what their eventual coach feels is needed.

So you're not even letting the GM hire the coach then? What's the point of having a GM in that case.

Reaction Score
I mean, I think Gettlemans eye for talent is off the charts good...Carolina was set up to be a powerhouse for 5 years. Not his fault cam crumbled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom