Giants next head coach? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Giants next head coach?

Reaction Score
Requests were made to intwrview Josh McDaniels (Pats OC) and Eric Bieniemy (Cheifs OC), it's expected they interview Rhule and they have already talked to Kris Richard (Cowboys DB Coach/passing game Coordinator and architect of the Legion of Boom). I don't think the Giants end up with a retred.

Reaction Score
Giants have apparently planned to interview McCarthy as well as Ravens DC Martindale.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for the Gints to be led by Wink.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
A propos of nothing, but it's funny for me seeing Eric Bieniemy being mentioned among the leading candidates. I never followed his NFL or coaching career, but I know his name from when played for Colorado in college. I was living in Denver at the time and I went to see Phish at the Boulder Theater, and they dedicated "Run Like an Antelope" to him. I had a tape of the show and listened to it often, so that's what I think about now every time I see his name.

Great show, btw.

Reaction Score
A propos of nothing, but it's funny for me seeing Eric Bieniemy being mentioned among the leading candidates. I never followed his NFL or coaching career, but I know his name from when played for Colorado in college. I was living in Denver at the time and I went to see Phish at the Boulder Theater, and they dedicated "Run Like an Antelope" to him. I had a tape of the show and listened to it often, so that's what I think about now every time I see his name.

Great show, btw.
Eric "Sleeping with" Bieniemy.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
“Computer folks”

contentimage.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Special teams coach? Come on. Get Rhule or Josh McDaniels.

I've seen some articles suggesting that special teams coaches are ideal HC candidates. This is some great out of the box thinking from the Giants. It was Belichick's initial job Ray Perkins. He says it was the best training he ever got for being a head coach.

And it's not just any special teams coach. It's his special team's coach.

Reaction Score
Special teams coach? Come on. Get Rhule or Josh McDaniels.

He is the exception and not the rule. But Harbaugh. We don't really know the ingredients in making a great HC. But there is nothing disqualifying about being an SC coach. That said I would prefer an offensive minded HC as opposed to a CEO type who would be constantly replacing OC's with any success.

Reaction Score
Oh great, they're bringing Mike McCarthy in for an interview.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
John Harbaugh was an STC

So was Belichick pre coordinator roles. Yes, I know it's not the same thing.

That said, Joe Judge is probably just doing this for experience. I bet he takes a coordinator role first, where idk.

Just observing across the league, I prefer a HC who's not calling plays throughout the game (not that it can't work). You get to a point where you have too many things on your plate. The important piece for a HC is the pregame planning. Better to have that big picture view in game. Then the HC can change a play here and there when he notices something. Maybe do the 2 minute or whatever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom