Giants next head coach? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Giants next head coach?

Reaction Score
I mean, I think Gettlemans eye for talent is off the charts good...Carolina was set up to be a powerhouse for 5 years. Not his fault cam crumbled.

Yeah I think he's a decent evaluator, but god awful at decision trees, value accrual, and strategic planning.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think he's a decent evaluator, but god awful at decision trees, value accrual, and strategic planning.
He should be a scout NOT the GM. He's always talking about watching film..which is great. But he needs to be on a higher plane..it's like the sales person that gets promoted to VP Sales and doesn't realize his job is not to sell but to make sure the sales people are doing their job.

Reaction Score
Lot of talk that the Giants are Rhule's dream job. We will see.
Yes but we've heard that about Bill Cowher for over a decade and instead they hired clowns like McAdoo and Shurmur.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If Rhule comes in I think Gettleman is gone.

Opposite. Rhule loves Gettleman. It makes me reconsider wanting Rhule.

Gettleman is a useless moron.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
His college drafts have some potential IMO..way better than Reese. But his free agent signings have been an abject failure...not to mention his arrogance while winning nothing and being allowed by Mara to hide from the media...I wasn't a Reese fan but at least he had the balls to deal with the press

His entire 2018 draft class regressed this year!

Reaction Score
Opposite. Rhule loves Gettleman. It makes me reconsider wanting Rhule.

Gettleman is a useless moron.

I was unaware.

All I've heard is that Rhule wants complete control over who's on his roster. Not having a GM give him players he doesn't want and has to make work.

But who knows, maybe if he has an already established relationship with DG from 2012 then they can make it work and MR can have his say on who DG targets.

As long as they don't get McDaniels. That scummy move he pulled in Indy still tastes bad.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think shurmur is better than he showed. He came into a bad situation and didn't have the offensive line or personnel to do what he wanted

Basically Belichek in Cleveland 2.0

All Shurmur needs is the next Tom Brady and he'll do just fine.

Reaction Score
I think shurmur is better than he showed. He came into a bad situation and didn't have the offensive line or personnel to do what he wanted
I think he's awful, couldn't stand him from day 1.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Not amazing at all. The Mara family are among the most gutless in sports when it comes to doing what's comfortable instead of what's necessary. They value loyalty, continuity, and a conservative approach over innovation.
Such as 25 year rebuilding programs.

Reaction Score
Shurmur also failed in Cleveland, so...
Everyone fails in Cleveland

Have to imagine urban meyer is a top choice for them. I'd like to see what he could do in the nfl

Reaction Score
What the hell is wrong with you? They have 4 titles. Black qb? Has nothing to do with it.
They actually ended the streak to play a black QB. My ethnicity qualifies as a "minority", for what it's worth. The Giants never had a starting black QB before Geno. Look it up. You guys are upset at me for this? Really?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Took Snyder a decade to realize your coaching options can be limited by the front office above them.

Me thinks until Gettleman can prove he's competent, they Gints are stuck with second tier choices.
To which " Snyder" do you refer?

The one in Washington has owned the franchise for twice that long and still hasn't learned.

Reaction Score
They actually ended the streak to play a black QB. My ethnicity qualifies as a "minority", for what it's worth. The Giants never had a starting black QB before Geno. Look it up. You guys are upset at me for this? Really?
Just a little frustration from everyone, we've all been struggling to find Geno Davis's stats in his start

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So you're not even letting the GM hire the coach then? What's the point of having a GM in that case.

I'm only saying what some pundits on Twitter said. And I think yes, when your GM hasn't been good and you are hiring a coach, you want alignment between GM and coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom