Giants 0-16 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Giants 0-16

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Unfortunately I think that ship has sailed. This Jets team isn't winning a game, and now Washington also has a leg up on us to get Justin Fields as the 2nd QB
We play Washington again though.

As for the Jets, any given Sunday...

Reaction Score
The Maras won't tank for Trevor. They believe the league flourishes at it's best when the richest franchises and fanbases share.

Go Jaguars!

Reaction Score
Giants got a win today. Gettlemen would likely draft a kicker with the number one pick because his computer people said so.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Even with a last play fumble by Jones, cant blame this one on him. Perfect pass dropped by Engram would have sealed the win.

Reaction Score
This team sucks. Can't blame this one on Jones but he showed plenty of reasons he's not the answer.

Fire Gettleman, bring in a new GM and Justin Fields and go to work

Reaction Score
Can’t stand Engram he’s a lesser version of Shockey. Just a losing player a Reese pick btw.

Reaction Score
Just traded away Marcus Golden for a 6th, let the fire sale begin. Expecting Golden Tate and hopefully Engram to be dealt. The Pats could use them.

Reaction Score
This team sucks. Can't blame this one on Jones but he showed plenty of reasons he's not the answer.

Fire Gettleman, bring in a new GM and Justin Fields and go to work
I actually thought Jones played very well. Give this kid time in the pocket and he can make plays, just like Aikman said. No one would be complaining about Jones if that bust Engram could hold on to that beautiful throw that should have sealed the deal. Oh and that 80 yard run. Yeah he lost his balance at the end but his time on these QB runs is elite - he's got a faster clocked run time this year than Tyreek Hill.

And I don't count the fumble at the end because there was little time left, he was pushed way back down the field and had to wait for something to miraculously open to have a shot at a FG

To me, you let Gettleman go, and replace him with someone outside the organization. I've said before that I'm a big fan of Riddick. He's a former player, former scout, he sounds on TV like he knows his stuff, and he was a finalist last time when Gettleman got the job. Mara was really impressed with his interview but I'm assuming he had already pretty much decided to give Gettleman the job anyway.

I just saw a mock draft on CBS of NY taking the LSU WR Chase. Previously i'd be on board with going OL first round but with the giants history of taking OL in the first round lately, I'm wary. So maybe Chase is the answer - or an elite defender is the answer - someone like the Penn State LB - a position the Giants have ignored for far too long - and you go OL in two of the next 3 rounds where I think there tends to be a lot more value (Peart) as opposed to the Giants 1st round picks of Thomas and Flowers.

Reaction Score
I actually thought Jones played very well. Give this kid time in the pocket and he can make plays, just like Aikman said. No one would be complaining about Jones if that bust Engram could hold on to that beautiful throw that should have sealed the deal. Oh and that 80 yard run. Yeah he lost his balance at the end but his time on these QB runs is elite - he's got a faster clocked run time this year than Tyreek Hill.

And I don't count the fumble at the end because there was little time left, he was pushed way back down the field and had to wait for something to miraculously open to have a shot at a FG

To me, you let Gettleman go, and replace him with someone outside the organization. I've said before that I'm a big fan of Riddick. He's a former player, former scout, he sounds on TV like he knows his stuff, and he was a finalist last time when Gettleman got the job. Mara was really impressed with his interview but I'm assuming he had already pretty much decided to give Gettleman the job anyway.

I just saw a mock draft on CBS of NY taking the LSU WR Chase. Previously i'd be on board with going OL first round but with the giants history of taking OL in the first round lately, I'm wary. So maybe Chase is the answer - or an elite defender is the answer - someone like the Penn State LB - a position the Giants have ignored for far too long - and you go OL in two of the next 3 rounds where I think there tends to be a lot more value (Peart) as opposed to the Giants 1st round picks of Thomas and Flowers.
The worst thing the Mara's can do is hire a GM based on who will keep Jones as the QB, and it's what I'm convinced will happen. If someone comes in and wants to keep him I'll live with it, but he's shown nothing to suggest he's the answer.

At some point the excuses for every turnover have to stop, when he's giving it away twice a game it's OK to say he sucks. He's in his second season now, rookie mistakes are getting harder to explain away. When it was an issue in college, an issue his rookie year, and an issue his 2nd year it might just be an issue.

Every starting and backup QB can make plays in a perfect pocket, that can't be the basis for how you judge an NFL QB. If you need a perfect situation for your QB to succeed, he's the weakness on your team.

Reaction Score
Through 5 weeks, Jones had faced the second-most pressures in the NFL according to PFF. His rookie left tackle has been absolutely ATROCIOUS. His center has never played the position prior to this year. And when he was with Duke, THEIR offensive line was known as being horrible. He was basically a punching bag for opponents when he was college.

I take things like that into consideration when evaluating a QB's play.

Jones played a good game. If Engram runs through that pass with 5 minutes left downfield everyone is talking about how well Jones played....not to mention his 80 yard run.

He's had some really good moments and some really bad moments but I definitely see some good things we can work with if we ever get a GM in here who knows how to put an offensive line together.

Reaction Score
Came across more stats that show how difficult Jones situation is.

Thomas and Fleming are now the two worst OT's graded by FPP at pass protection. Those two combined have allowed 57 pressures. For comparison's sake, the entire Cleveland Browns offensive line has allowed 40 pressures.

Remember, he was also bludgeoned playing behind a crap O-line when he was at Duke as well.

Let's just hope he doesn't get killed eventually before the next GM gets that O-line upgraded this offseason. Once he plays behind a good line, I think big things are to come. Of course that could be 5 years from now at this rate.

Reaction Score
Another participation trophy for the Giants, which I didnt doubt they would win, winning of course is another matter. Bucs will make halftime adjustments. Oline looking good thus far with 3 rookies.

Reaction Score
Jones and Ingram are such a tease, dont trust Jones to throw here in the redone.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Jones and Ingram are such a tease, dont trust Jones to throw here in the redone.

Yup. Pathetic Interception.

Reaction Score
The number of turnovers is just unacceptable, you'd think he'd learn at some point

Reaction Score
Bucs kicking the fg to go up 8 at giants 20 instead of going for it on 4th and 1 tells ya all you need to know.

Reaction Score
Bucs kicking the fg to go up 8 at giants 20 instead of going for it on 4th and 1 tells ya all you need to know.
Best QB in NFL history at converting 4th and 1, and the odds are still better giving the ball to Jones

Reaction Score
Refs making sure we still get Justin Fields. They're in on the long game

Reaction Score
Another participation trophy for the Giants, which I didnt doubt they would win, winning of course is another matter. Bucs will make halftime adjustments. Oline looking good thus far with 3 rookies.
Yeah looking great turning 3.5 finger JPP into a hero

Reaction Score
Yeah looking great turning 3.5 finger JPP into a hero

They did fine, gave them a chance to win. You didn’t think JPP was gonna show up. JPP was a hero from stopping Sheppard in the open field from scoring a TD if anything.

Reaction Score
They did fine, gave them a chance to win. You didn’t think JPP was gonna show up. JPP was a hero from stopping Sheppard in the open field from scoring a TD if anything.

Unbelievable they changed that call lol. He walked into the receiver hit him before the ball hit his arm, definition of interference yet they take the flag back? NFL refs are a pitiful bunch.

Reaction Score
You didn’t watch the game very close

He made at least three crucial plays, including stuffing Jones to disallow him from breaking through the pocket to bust out a first-down run

Reaction Score
Unbelievable they changed that call lol. He walked into the receiver hit him before the ball hit his arm, definition of interference yet they take the flag back? NFL refs are a pitiful bunch.
Bang-bang play that shouldn’t have altered the outcome of the game.

-Giants follower

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom