Giants 0-16 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Giants 0-16

Reaction Score
Had a feeling they Giants were gonna fall to the trap game. I still have serious questions about Jones, rookie qbs in Tua, Burrow and Herbert have outperformed him to, he gets this year and he gets next year to be fair. I feel that a team should have the team built first and then get the qb, then the other way around. So many first round pick qbs have been damaged by it like David Carr. You look at Brady and Mahomes the team was built before they took over, it also helps to have the it factor.

Last edited:

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Trap game for sure. I didn’t hear anybody say the Cards would win this game. McCoy comes in and wins a couple. Big against Seattle. Then the men in blue drop this one. I couldn’t see the game. Where was the defense? Actually, where was the offense.

Reaction Score
Trap game for sure. I didn’t hear anybody say the Cards would win this game. McCoy comes in and wins a couple. Big against Seattle. Then the men in blue drop this one. I couldn’t see the game. Where was the defense? Actually, where was the offense.
The defense played fine and kept them in the game for 3 quarters longer than they should have been. Giants played terrible but the Cardinals were still the favorite going in.

Looks like Washington is going to win so Cleveland becomes a just win game next week now

Reaction Score

I couldn’t see it either FOX sucks as does CBS. Anyway sounded like the defense fell victim to a pitiful offense who fumbled and left them on the field most of the first half. Sounds like the offense tired the crap out of the D. All blame on an awful offensive game plan maybe????

Reaction Score
I couldn’t see it either FOX sucks as does CBS. Anyway sounded like the defense fell victim to a pitiful offense who fumbled and left them on the field most of the first half. Sounds like the offense tired the crap out of the D. All blame on an awful offensive game plan maybe????

Very much so going 3 and out all the time will cost you as you won't shut anybody out in the NFL. Every single game they get off to a slow start, at least get a fg on the first drive, at the very least a couple first downs and pin them deep, every game they always start the first drive with a turnover.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Mau, Directv gave NFL package to everyone. However I could not see the games because it was on my local channel!!!! Great right? Nope. The company that owns the channel, which is Fox is in bargaining with Directv. So, no local channel. I lost 3 games in a row,

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Everyone won. Washington is on top now. A team the blue beat twice. An offense that sputters that has been rocking for 3 weeks? At home??? Ugh.

Reaction Score
Jason Garrett out with Covid as is Bradberry who is out due to contact tracing, if thats the case wouldnt the whole team have contact tracing. Looks like no Daniel Jones this week either.

Oh well this year was about rebuilding the NFC East was a bit of a pipe dream this year. Who knows if this game gets played with the rate of wtf news just days before game day.

Reaction Score
Giants probably have to win out to win the division. Not expecting much.

Early look at next year's draft, I'd love to see them go WR, OL, Edge rusher in any order. Slayton had a nice year last year but he's disappeared this season. It would be nice to get Jones a legit #1 receiver - either via the draft or free agency.

Reaction Score
So if Bradberry were to test negative for Covid on Monday he is cleared to play, so its a difference of 24 hours, so many inconsistencies in the protocols.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So, Giants fans, what are you rooting for these last two weeks? Do you want to win the division and probably lose in the first round, or lose out and get better draft picks?

Reaction Score
So, Giants fans, what are you rooting for these last two weeks? Do you want to win the division and probably lose in the first round, or lose out and get better draft picks?

Rather win the division build a winning culture get playoff experience with the rookies. Losing for a better draft pick has never proven to be a winning formula as bad as I was rooting for them to lose last year for Chase Young, well and to get Pat Schurmer fired.

Reaction Score
Now that any hope of being high enough for a QB to replace Jones is gone I want the playoffs. It's still a long shot at this point but this week I want the win to keep hope alive. Been over 4 years since I've seen any of my teams in a playoff game

Reaction Score
I can't "root" for the Giants to lose Sunday, no chance. It's the first week 16 that has mattered in five years...not going to waste it looking ahead to the draft.

Root for them to win tomorrow and then see what happens.

Also, nice Christmas extension for Logan Ryan, 3 years, 20 guaranteed. He's been very good, versatile DB and as a bonus he is an excellent locker room and media guy. Very happy for him and the team. The Giants are a starting outside cornerback away (Patrick Surtain II???) from being a very good secondary.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What a weird week 17.

Too many factors today for Giants fans not to root for them to win today:

• No matter the record, playoff experience > draft order
  • A win today carries over nicely into the offseason regardless what happens in the WFT/PHI game, especially if Jones has a nice game.
  • It's the freakin' Cowboys. A win against them knocks out their chance of making the playoffs.

My stance:

• Root for the Giants to win and then if they win, root for the Eagles to win.
  • If the Giants win, root for the Redskins to win, knocking off the Cowboys' chance of making the playoffs.

Have a fun time today, everyone!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What a weird week 17.

Too many factors today for Giants fans not to root for them to win today:

• No matter the record, playoff experience > draft order
  • A win today carries over nicely into the offseason regardless what happens in the WFT/PHI game, especially if Jones has a nice game.
  • It's the freakin' Cowboys. A win against them knocks out their chance of making the playoffs.

My stance:

• Root for the Giants to win and then if they win, root for the Eagles to win.
  • If the Giants win, root for the Redskins to win, knocking off the Cowboys' chance of making the playoffs.

Have a fun time today, everyone!

As a Patriots fan, I’m not used to being in this situation. Still, I cannot root against them, even if they are better off losing. Especially against the Jets.

For what it’s worth Belichick and others who know him like Lombardi say he values that winning culture over a few spots in the draft. I suspect the Giants would benefit as well, as you noted.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Well a very exciting well fought game. A few went our way. Well maybe one. The defense actually looked good. Gallman came to the Giants fumbling and is keeping the tradition. Turnovers kill this team. Now its Philly Washington. Injuries are many on the Eagles.
Looking back on the G-Men's season. Danny had a rough time at the start. As I remember, he lost a couple with turnovers. McCoy gets us by Seattle. Then, what happened. Cardinals come to town and win. If we don't make the playoffs, I may contribute that game to our demise. For what I've seen this year. I believe the blue will have a great season next year. We have very good receiver's, great tight end's. The running game is another story. We will see. I would rather have the Washington-Philly game on at 4 rather than 8:30. I would rather have our boys taste a playoff than the draft pick. We will see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom