Getting pumped about the BE tournament | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Getting pumped about the BE tournament

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I went to the first Big East Tournament at Providence and the third at Hartford, but once it went to MSG, it went to a whole new level. It took the Big East tournament about 5 years to surpass the ACC tournament, despite them having a 30 year head start. There's nothing like it.
Yes I remember the first big east tourney in Providence. Went to see Corny Thompson play.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Everyone dealt with Covid and everyone dealing with injuries late in the season. Bouknight and Cole both played and Hawkins wasn't much of a scorer.
Are there notable instances where teams that dealt with late-season injuries to significant players and weren't affected?

I'll admit that Villanova and Michigan boost my recency bias, but I always think back to 1996 Ricky Moore, 2000 KEA, 2008 AJP, 2009 Dyson, and Cincinnati's Kenyon Martin, but I I don't doubt that you keep better track of things. I'd genuinely appreciate learning facts that would change the impression I've long had.

Reaction Score
Make it a tall boy?
1445_0.jpg

Reaction Score
Yes I remember the first big east tourney in Providence. Went to see Corny Thompson play.
My first was Dream Season. Unbelievable. We stayed in the city to watch the selection show at the Blarney Rock before heading back up to campus.

Reaction Score
I went to the first Big East Tournament at Providence and the third at Hartford, but once it went to MSG, it went to a whole new level. It took the Big East tournament about 5 years to surpass the ACC tournament, despite them having a 30 year head start. There's nothing like it.
I was at the second year in Syracuse and Hartford as well. Syracuse featured the super sophs Eric Santifer, Tony Bruin and Leo Rautins. UConn lost in first game to Villanova. Still a good time and this was when you could get tickets cheap compared to now. We had second row seats even though we ordered a month or so before the game. It has certainly grown since then and I have never had as good as seat again.

Reaction Score
Have we always done a send-off event for the team headed to NY? Saw it on IG today and it looked great. I don’t remember it from 08-12

Reaction Score
This never gets olde. All time favorite along with Ray’s classic shot vs GTown and Iverson in MSG. Gives me chills. Hopefully Hurley plays this for the team a couple of times this week. Time to become immortal :)
Best part of this is knowing I was there for >90% of those highlights

Reaction Score
Pumped? May want to cool your jets. This is why every team is going to lose.

This one made me laugh too:

So great to meet you coach, what did you order?

DH:
Wild turkey on the rocks.

Oh, fun. Great win over DePaul tonight.

DH:
What the ** did you just say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Stillman School of Business at Seton Hall University, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Tulsa University, and I have over 300 unconfirmed wins. I am trained in Technical Foul warfare and I'm the top receiver of techs in the entirety of NCAA men’s basketball. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this conference, mark my fuc** words. You think you can get away with saying that s* to me over the table? Think again, *. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the New England area and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fuc* dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can beat your favorite team in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my lower classmen. Not only am I extensively trained in wearing joggers on tarmacs, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the James Breeding pet peeves manual and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable a off the face of the continent, you little s*. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fuc* tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you ****** idiot. I will s*** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fuc**** dead, kiddo.

It was at this point in the interview that the bartender handed Coach Hurley his drink, in which point Hurley reached over the bar and choked out the bartender with his bare hands in a mere 8.6 seconds.

“Steve” The Bartender
4/5/86-1/31/23

Reaction Score
Best part of this is knowing I was there for >90% of those highlights
Quite a few for me too including the Meadowlands for “it’s late, it’s great, it’s Tate”. More coming and this year is quite possible. We might have a new legend on the horizon.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

DH:

DH:
What the ** did you just say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Stillman School of Business at Seton Hall University, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Tulsa University, and I have over 300 unconfirmed wins. I am trained in Technical Foul warfare and I'm the top receiver of techs in the entirety of NCAA men’s basketball. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this conference, mark my fuc** words. You think you can get away with saying that s* to me over the table? Think again, . As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the New England area and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fuc dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can beat your favorite team in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my lower classmen. Not only am I extensively trained in wearing joggers on tarmacs, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the James Breeding pet peeves manual and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable a off the face of the continent, you little s*. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fuc* tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you ****** idiot. I will s*** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fuc**** dead, kiddo.

It was at this point in the interview that the bartender handed Coach Hurley his drink, in which point Hurley reached over the bar and choked out the bartender with his bare hands in a mere 8.6 seconds.

“Steve” The Bartender
4/5/86-1/31/23

Ah the good old navy seal copypasta

Reaction Score

DH:

DH:
What the ** did you just say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Stillman School of Business at Seton Hall University, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Tulsa University, and I have over 300 unconfirmed wins. I am trained in Technical Foul warfare and I'm the top receiver of techs in the entirety of NCAA men’s basketball. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this conference, mark my fuc** words. You think you can get away with saying that s* to me over the table? Think again, . As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the New England area and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fuc dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can beat your favorite team in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my lower classmen. Not only am I extensively trained in wearing joggers on tarmacs, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the James Breeding pet peeves manual and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable a off the face of the continent, you little s*. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fuc* tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you ****** idiot. I will s*** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fuc**** dead, kiddo.

“Steve” The Bartender
4/5/86-1/31/23

1678245018074.gif

This won’t get as many likes as it deserves

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I always thought it said a lot about UConn that we’ve been able to maintain an active message board focused around basketball for so long. Lots of schools only have the 247 type boards to fall back on, which sucks for young fans that don’t have the money/debit or credit card to access it. That would’ve been me when I first found this site, would’ve been crushed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom