Getting pumped about the BE tournament | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Getting pumped about the BE tournament

Reaction Score
I’m going for the first time since college, crazy pumped!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Many PC fans on their board are obsessed with everything UConn. Not all and their fans are not all classless. Pure envy and hate. Every topic has UConn has childish comments about us. They even have topics just about us :) Now they are starting to hate Shaka & Marquette. Compare that to the Boneyard. I root for every BE team and want a strong conference but it’s difficult rooting for PC due to the few losers complaining about everything :)

We sat next to 6 PC fans at last years BET. They were a decent hang. Gave us some guff, I gave them some guff, which Im good with and also talked a lot of hoops. But then again, we were in the old people seats (you know the ones you crazy kids call the decent seats) , Ive done plenty of time over the years in my younger days in the rafters there , I can attest that the quality of the PC fans there deteriorates rapidly. :)
A little aside; if (when?) we make it to Friday night, it will be my 50th BET game. What a long, strange trip it's been.
Might see if MSG will allow Arby's to cater that occasion.

Also, you are right about the rooting, but I get it. We, as UConn fans, have had a beautiful run of success the last 30 plus years. It engenders enmity and envy among schools that don't have that (which amounts to pretty much everyone) . It's easy for us to root for the good of the league, because for huge portions of that period we WERE the good of the league. Other league teams fans just can't find it in them to wish us any more success than we already had. I get it. I'm the same. I don't want Nova to win another title until we win one first. They shouldn't be tied with us.

Reaction Score
We sat next to 6 PC fans at last years BET. They were a decent hang. Gave us some guff, I gave them some guff, which Im good with and also talked a lot of hoops. But then again, we were in the old people seats (you know the ones you crazy kids call the decent seats) , Ive done plenty of time over the years in my younger days in the rafters there , I can attest that the quality of the PC fans there deteriorates rapidly. :)
A little aside; if (when?) we make it to Friday night, it will be my 50th BET game. What a long, strange trip it's been.

Also, you are right about the rooting, but I get it. We, as UConn fans, have had a beautiful run of success the last 30 plus years. It engenders enmity and envy among schools that don't have that (which amounts to pretty much everyone) . It's easy for us to root for the good of the league, because for huge portions of that period we WERE the good of the league. Other league teams fans just can't find it in them to wish us any more success than we already had. I get it. I'm the same. I don't want Nova to win another title until we win one first. They shouldn't be tied with us.
Damn 50th game. My Jealousy meter just increased, LOL. I have never been to MSG and my family roots and origins are from NYC and my dad was UConn season ticket holder for 15 years when we lived in Storrs and I went to all the games. I have been to the Final Four and Championship game with UConn in 1999 and have been to UConn games here in Boston when they played at Chestnut Hill and got to a PC game in Providence this year.

The 2nd paragraph nailed it perfectly like a Jeopardy contestant nailing the Daily Double putting all their money on the line. I feel the same way about Nova. Normally I would root like hell for a BE team if they were in the Final Four, but part of me wasn't all that sad when Kansas beat them. However, I didn't want Kansas or North Carolina winning it either. I was pulling for Houston in the Elite Eight because they had Josh Carlton.

Reaction Score

Wow.

I saw Johnny in Milford at a bar who's name escapes me. Small room. Just right. Easy 6 years ago.

IDK what I had for lunch yesterday.

He sat on a regulation bar stool whole show. Tight band. He could still play that rock n roll blues, no doubt. Looked like Keith with a bad hangover.
Real good.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Wow.

I saw Johnny in Milford at a bar who's name escapes me. Small room. Just right. Easy 6 years ago.

IDK what I had for lunch yesterday.

He sat on a regulation bar stool whole show. Tight band. He could still play that rock n roll blues, no doubt. Looked like Keith with a bad hangover.
Real good.

Daniel Street Im sure. I liked playing that room. The stage configuration was a little strange, but they had a kickass Meyer sound system.

Reaction Score
Daniel Street Im sure. I liked playing that room. The stage configuration was a little strange, but they had a kickass Meyer sound system.
Yes. I knew you'd come through.

Reaction Score

I hear you and totally get it. I was at the Meadowlands with my HS daughter and a couple of friends the night of “it’s late, it’s great, it’s Tate” - Scott to Tate miracle. There were great rivalries and I don’t remember hatred - that started with PeeCee when we went to that horrible conference and Cooley (who I always liked and respected until post game after we recently humbled them) came along and started making his team relevant. That’s when the envious and cocky PeeCee fans (not likely a ton but enough) changed things. We are in their heads :) Best current rivalry is UConn vs Villanova and it’s civil. We are back!! FF is definitely possible this year and next year and beyond brings our brand to the top.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Of course it's the team on the other side of the bracket.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t miss it for the world. This is a business trip.

I’ve had my rooms booked at the Hilton Midtown for 4 months.
Nice. What's the price comparison for booking this 4 months in advance versus booking something now?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom