Georgia State Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Georgia State Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Roberson was always the guy. Jim and Nick need to answer for what they saw in Fagnano that led to them throwing away 2 winnable games.

The silver lining is we might have our man finally at QB.
Agreed. Don't know what happened just before JF was announced because it looked like we were being prepped for TR. Then suddenly a change in plans? Mercifully it has only taken 1.5 games to correct that mistake.

The question in my mind is what happens to Charlton? Guessing he has one foot out the door with a HCJM connected consultant waiting in the wings.

Now, WTF happened to the running game? 50 yards??? Did not see or listen to the game down here, but I am suspicious of the Center position. Even against NCST, they were not successfully up the gut (A gaps) were they? At least that is my recollection.

Not sure we will even use the rest of our tickets if this continues. To think UConn is not as good as Rhode Island just reeks of Disco 2.0 right after his 6-7 year. HCJM knows he has to do something quickly I am sure. Guessing Charlton departs this week.

Reaction Score
I don't want to overreact to one bad loss, but that was a bad freaking loss.

My biggest issue is that it seems at times like players are jogging during plays. That is a huge red flag. I have no solutions, and I don't know what firing one coach will do. I am concerned that this is a bigger problem than just the play calling.
Well that's just it. Firing Charlton is one thing, but who takes his place? Does firing him make things worse? I don't know, but the performance was unacceptable on so many levels. The tackling is beyond awful.

This loss erased any goodwill from last year. UConn football is back to zero.

Reaction Score
They can stop with the "oh so icy" #PackTheRent, REstored BS and try to put together a competent product on the field. Beyond tiresome that we continue to struggle to have a competent offense.
It feels just like the Bigger Faster Stronger of 2021 doesn't it?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Well that's just it. Firing Charlton is one thing, but who takes his place? Does firing him make things worse? I don't know, but the performance was unacceptable on so many levels. The tackling is beyond awful.

This loss erased any goodwill from last year. UConn football is back to zero.
It literally can’t get worse. An FCS team put up 400 passing yards on Ga St last week. We had 60 until Charlton “gave up” on his game plan and just let Roberson go out there and do his thing.

Can probably find a CT high school coach who could come up with a better scheme.

Reaction Score
We done thinking uconn football is worth supporting at the cost of the basketball? Program will never be better than average at best, which is ok. But give up the idea of going to whatever conference to save football if it hurts basketball.

Reaction Score
We done thinking uconn football is worth supporting at the cost of the basketball? Program will never be better than average at best, which is ok. But give up the idea of going to whatever conference to save football if it hurts basketball.
Right now I would take average after that hot garbage we just saw. I had football fan PTSD flashbacks to Diaco 2016 and Edsall 2.0. It's is making me doubt if Mora can really turn this thing around after I was so sure he would at the conclusion of last season.

Reaction Score
I’ll be honest - this was the nail in our coffin. There’s no coming back from a loss like that. You can’t hype up a season like this and lose that badly to a team like GSTU. I really had hope in Mira (as my username suggests) but this is pretty much over. We gave up on football when we went to the big east and there’s no coming back. The P5s don’t want us and we won’t go to G5 because of basketball. Only solution? Kill football.

I’m furious at our schools administration and personally I will not be forgiving them. I’ve been a proud alum for many years but the way they’ve treated our athletics program has been a slap in the face. They knew football was dead 4 years ago and this blundering season is the culmination of 13 years of poor decision making. Good luck collecting donations at the FCS level.

Reaction Score
The running game starts up front, and I thought the O-line looked especially poor tonight. No holes for the backs. GSU D-line busting through regularly, and our QB's did not have a lot of time to throw the ball. Disappointing given that 4 starters on the O-line are back and Haynes is on a couple of watch lists.
Can’t blame southern heat for that half-a.. blocking. It was really a game in the trenches…we’re 2 games in and we can’t figure out how to win in between the hedges…..

Reaction Score
I just hope they stick with Roberson moving forward.
I would give it some time. The backup QB always looks good during a blowout when the opposing defense is playing backups and vanilla coverage. I do think Roberson is good but you can’t really judge him from last night- IMHO

Reaction Score
Hopefully as far as an OC goes their is someone on the radar because last night performance was embarrassing. It was downright lethargic and uninspiring. We'll see if Mora has the guts to pull the trigger because their overall effort was 3 steps backwards from last year. Maybe a new hire will shake things up a bit. We'll see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would give it some time. The backup QB always looks good during a blowout when the opposing defense is playing backups and vanilla coverage. I do think Roberson is good but you can’t really judge him from last night- IMHO
I think everyone realizes this was garbage time, but it’s also impossible to look at yesterday and not see that Roberson should be starting. Fagnano did not see complex coverage schemes. They stacked the box and dared him to beat them. That relative performance is what people are talking to IMO, not whether Roberson’s performance is exactly what we should expect moving forward.

Reaction Score
We had 50 yards on 31 carries, that includes 9 yards on 7 carries from Houston, and 17 yards on 10 carries from Rosa. UGLY.
And 10 of Rosa's 17 yards came on the very last play of the game. The ultimate garbage time.

Reaction Score
Over the past decade we may be the worst road team in FBS. This is a huge step back and they won’t be able to give tickets away next week.
Things might even get worse.
How, you say?
The track of Hurricane Lee could take it close to Connecticut about next weekend.

Reaction Score
Charlton hijacked the “quarterback competition” and should be held accountable for it. He had a personal agenda and chose it over the group of men in the locker room.
And that’s how you lose a locker room. The team knows who should be playing QB and it’s not JP. Hopefully now TR will get all the 1st team snaps in practice, and lead us going forward.

Reaction Score
For history buffs the endless string of head coaches who can't win is reminiscent of the endless line of losing Generals Lincoln had to put up with in Civil War. Many thought that Mora was UC's "Grant". Right now, that might not be the case.

Reaction Score
The running game starts up front, and I though the O-line looked especially poor tonight. No holes for the backs. GSU D-line busting through regularly, and our QB's did not have a lot of time to throw the ball. Disappointing given that 4 starters on the O-line are back and Haynes is on a couple of watch lists.
I don’t particularly blame the O-line, what can you do when teams stack the box?? Charlton inability to get the passing game is killing us. Joe F is way too slow to run the offense and the receivers struggle to catch any balls from in. He’s not a good passer right now. We don’t have time to experiment with him, Give Roberson the qb1 spot because at least teams will have to respect his dual threat ability and him as a passer.

Reaction Score
Word is Mora “almost ripped Charlton’s head off right before the half”. Charlton has to be let go now. At least it will show we actually care about the program.
Meanwhile:
JMU scored 36 beating UVA
Rice scored 43 beating Houston
FIU scored 46 beating North Texas St.
Duke scored 42 beating Lafayette
We scored 14 in embarrassing loss.
Ta’Quan better be the QB to Ta’Qus forward or it’s over!

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
IMO, this has to happen:

1). Mora fires Charleton today to show that this is unacceptable. Yes, he may not have a plan B, but staying with plan A when demonstrably terrible is weak.

2). Mora gets the team together and tells them that the coaches let the players down, but they are going to change that.

3). Mora convinces the team that 0-2 is nothing - could be the start of a 10-2 season.

4). Mora focuses them on the next game - on to FIU.

5). We win next week

Reaction Score
Word is Mora “almost ripped Charlton’s head off right before the half”. Charlton has to be let go now. At least it will show we actually care about the program.
Meanwhile:
JMU scored 36 beating UVA
Rice scored 43 beating Houston
FIU scored 46 beating North Texas St.
Duke scored 42 beating Lafayette
We scored 14 in embarrassing loss.
Ta’Quan better be the QB to Ta’Qus forward or it’s over!

Agreed. Lets hope there is someone on the radar. If Charlton lasts the whole season we'll know UConn isn't serious about football.

Reaction Score

I agree you can’t judge him but you can judge Fagnano after 1 1/2 games and he’s not very good. Roberson has to be on the field first offensive series or they’re absolutely blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom