Georgia State Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Georgia State Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don’t particularly blame the O-line, what can you do when teams stack the box?? Charlton inability to get the passing game is killing us. Joe F is way too slow to run the offense and the receivers struggle to catch any balls from in. He’s not a good passer right now. We don’t have time to experiment with him, Give Roberson the qb1 spot because at least teams will have to respect his dual threat ability and him as a passer.
This.....these Rhino/ rugby scrum formations that we had to watch for 3 quarters, even down 28 pts, because either Mora or Charlton think they can establish the run like this is mind boggling. When will they look in the mirror and just stop. It injured 3 RB's last year trying to force small speed backs into 3000lbs of beef. Besides giving the opponents D, nothing to defend.

It just seems crazy that every coach who comes to Uconn ( all defensive guys ) refuses to spread out and open up an offense ( like every normal CFB program in America). But continue with this pedestrian run, run, pass, punt futility and play like scared little boys trying run time off the clock....that we've been doomed to watch since George DeLeone (RIP).

Reaction Score
Roberson played okay but I‘m not ready to say that was a silver lining from lastt night‘s game. Like to see him share snaps with ZT Next game and let best man win the job.

The issue aside from terrible coaching is our players are constantly being outplayed in “one to one” battles on both the OL and DL.

People criticize Rosa - okay fair but he has no where to go.

Why is it when our RB look to run it always look like a 1 on 4 battle where when opposing QB Runs they’ve got 10 yards to run before they actually run into a UConn Defensive Player?

Something is terribly wrong with our program - like wheels have come off.

What happened in the off season?

Reaction Score
Charlton hijacked the “quarterback competition” and should be held accountable for it. He had a personal agenda and chose it over the group of men in the locker room.
This just seems like something HCRE would have done. That guy constantly acted like he knew better than everyone and stuck to his guns, even at the detriment to the team.

Reaction Score
Word is Mora “almost ripped Charlton’s head off right before the half”. Charlton has to be let go now. At least it will show we actually care about the program.
Meanwhile:
JMU scored 36 beating UVA
Rice scored 43 beating Houston
FIU scored 46 beating North Texas St.
Duke scored 42 beating Lafayette
We scored 14 in embarrassing loss.
Ta’Quan better be the QB to Ta’Qus forward or it’s over!
What's even more embarrassing is that URI and Kasim Hill threw for over 400 yds and put up 35 points vs GA St. but Mora and Charlton's plan was to play grind it out, pedestrian FB.

Reaction Score
For history buffs the endless string of head coaches who can't win is reminiscent of the endless line of losing Generals Lincoln had to put up with in Civil War. Many thought that Mora was UC's "Grant". Right now, that might not be the case.
Unlike many on this board, I am not ready to quit following the team. No doubt about it, this game was a punch to the gut. I certainly don't feel any better this morning. But I still think that Mora can be UConn's General Grant. It will not be easy as there are no automatic wins among the future opponents. Even FIU scored 46 points yesterday. The entire team needs to dig deep and get better real fast.

Reaction Score
This is conspiracy theory stuff.

Fagnano is more accurate and less turnover prone. Roberson is faster, more electric, and more likely to make the big play.

They chose the safe, ball control option because they thought our margin of error was too small to survive turnovers.

I’m not defending that decision - just trying to see their reasoning instead of our ghosts.
That is RE mentality. I refuse to think Mora is devolving.

Reaction Score
Things might even get worse.
How, you say?
The track of Hurricane Lee could take it close to Connecticut about next weekend. The European model, and predicted track of Hurricane Lee, possibly making landfall on late Friday, early Saturday.
FB_IMG_1694346477426.jpg

Last edited:

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
My fear, other than the trepidation that UConn will slide into 1st place in ESPN’s bottom ten ranking, is that the less than stellar recruiting and lackluster offense AND defensive performances, and toss in Big12 and ACC passing over UConn AGAIN, all point to Mora packing it in this season. I’m not convinced we have good enough coaching. Last year’s team punched above their weight class, this year they have been measured and found wanting. I really want this team to do well.

Reaction Score
Roberson played okay but I‘m not ready to say that was a silver lining from lastt night‘s game. Like to see him share snaps with ZT Next game and let best man win the job.

The issue aside from terrible coaching is our players are constantly being outplayed in “one to one” battles on both the OL and DL.

People criticize Rosa - okay fair but he has no where to go.

Why is it when our RB look to run it always look like a 1 on 4 battle where when opposing QB Runs they’ve got 10 yards to run before they actually run into a UConn Defensive Player?

Something is terribly wrong with our program - like wheels have come off.

What happened in the off season?
Solid point about one on one battles for BOTH our OL and DL... but, seems like it's scheme on O moreso...on D, so far, seems like our O puts us in a hole, which creates more issues for our D.
We need more balance. No excuses.

Reaction Score
What's even more embarrassing is that URI and Kasim Hill threw for over 400 yds and put up 35 points vs GA St. but Mora and Charlton's plan was to play grind it out, pedestrian FB.
Agree but that was last week. I was simply giving us a glimpse at our (not too rosy) future.

Reaction Score
Is Mazzone available?
It appears so. He’s semi retired and putting offenses together for some high schools. I’m not sure if he’d leave them in the lurch or not.

He and Mora are buddies. I felt Mazzone was a 7 day miracle worker. I’d love to see him help us finish this season and then reevaluate. He’d get the best out of Roberson and Joly for sure.

Reaction Score
Word is Mora “almost ripped Charlton’s head off right before the half”.
If this happened it should've. Accountability.
This is FBS football. Trying to grow the program back to respectability. Last night was (with how lethargic they look until it was way too late) not encouraging at all.

Reaction Score
Agree but that was last week. I was simply giving us a glimpse at our (not too rosy) future.
True and the fact that everyone else is playing chess ( including URI) while Mora/Charlton want to play checkers and think they can win 14-10 games in CFB on a consistent basis, SMH! ( Rugby scrums and hand offs into the pile, Larry Csonka or even Robert Burns, where have you gone, LOL!)

Reaction Score
Teams stacked the box last year and we didn't have much of a passing game, yet we were still able to run it. I think rhey miss Robert Burns a lot more than most people think.
Teams stacked the box and we made them pay, we have an undersized center too

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
our athletes are simply not it. i vote to stop celebrating any of the recruit commitment announcements, until we see something on the field the following year. No more "welcome to the pound", blah blah blah.

Waiting for Cole Welliver to de-commit and go somewhere real.
0% chance he steps on campus

Reaction Score
Things might even get worse.
How, you say?
The track of Hurricane Lee could take it close to Connecticut about next weekend.
I was thinking in the spirit of UConn football the track might move west a little. That’s all we need.

Reaction Score
Word is Mora “almost ripped Charlton’s head off right before the half”. Charlton has to be let go now. At least it will show we actually care about the program.

can you or anyone else here add a bit more color to this information? I’d lIke to know what Mora is thinking and what he wants to see versus actual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom