Georgetown's Dante Harris enters transfer portal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Georgetown's Dante Harris enters transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’ll rescue him from said well if it’s Anglin or Spears. Think they’ll be good with proper coaching.
Agreed on Anglin especially. We wanted him last year and with us losing Joey and most likely Hawkins, we could absolutely use another shooter. Castle/Ball/Stewart will all be good, but don’t think any of them is known as a dead eye shooter from deep.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I’ll rescue him from said well if it’s Anglin or Spears. Think they’ll be good with proper coaching.

I‘ll throw you down a well after Hurley, Anglin and Spears.

Spears wants to take 200 shots a game and Anglin can’t break into the worst power conference rotation since the flood.

No, no and no. Also, no. And no.

caw

Reaction Score

Spears wants to take 200 shots a game and Anglin can’t break into the worst power conference rotation since the flood.

Not for nothing, but is that the coaching, or the players? Or both? I admittedly have only watched Gtown once and almost gauged my eyes out. Just horrendous.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but is that the coaching, or the players? Or both? I admittedly have only watched Gtown once and almost gauged my eyes out. Just horrendous.
Try watching Louisville, no confusion there, it's both the coach and the players. Kept watching 'cause couldn't believe they were that bad, but they were.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Well if he won’t accept a lesser role, then obviously I don’t want him. Maybe all he dreams of is being a chucker for a losing team, but maybe Dan can turn him into a solid bench scorer/distributor.

Anglin I’ll admit is a complete belief in his skills from high school. And also my belief in the staffs ability to develop talent. Guards who can theoretically shoot the lights out are valuable and hard to come by.

Neither are must gets by any stretch, but the narrative will shift immediately if one were to transfer over here.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I do think people are underestimating the impact of zero coaching or system in place for these kids. It’s like saying KO’s lack of effort had no negative effect on his rosters.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Georgetown is such a dumpster fire, but amazingly, the front court players are more of a mess than the backcourt players.

But if you’re UConn and you’re bringing in top 5 classes, you should not be recruiting the Georgetown roster or, worse, the Georgetown bench.

caw

Reaction Score
Georgetown is such a dumpster fire, but amazingly, the front court players are more of a mess than the backcourt players.

But if you’re UConn and you’re bringing in top 5 classes, you should not be recruiting the Georgetown roster or, worse, the Georgetown bench.

That I can agree with. All of that. It still amazes me Wahab went back there. He was out and he went back.

Reaction Score
Probably a little of both....but a lot of people really wanted Anglin last year, and I'm certainly not going to let 6 games under one of the worst coaches in the country going to change my opinion of him.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Whoa. From the Georgetown bench to UVA. BIG upgrade for Dante

Does anybody know what happened with him this year? Injury, issue with Ewing, both?

Reaction Score
Whoa. From the Georgetown bench to UVA. BIG upgrade for Dante

Does anybody know what happened with him this year? Injury, issue with Ewing, both?
I don’t recall him ever being a bench player there.

He was taking a leave from the team for personal reasons then announced transfer

Reaction Score
Speculation runs rampant, but Primo Spears, Jay Heath transferred in. Various forms of "personal reasons" "off the team" "not with the team" phrases were used in late October/November to describe Harris' status. Transfer officially announced in early December.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

The answers are all yes.

Reaction Score
Maybe the 16 Georgetown fans that still show up to games can raise the $15M needed for a new coach
Well, "The Exorcist" took place in Georgetown. Maybe an exorcism is needed to save the basketball program?

"The power of competitive basketball compels you!"

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Some nobody that no one has ever heard of, from the worst program in a P6 conference, is entering the transfer portal and we are almost on Page 4 of the thread. Slow news day?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Some nobody that no one has ever heard of, from the worst program in a P6 conference, is entering the transfer portal and we are almost on Page 4 of the thread. Slow news day?

I would say that anyone who follows college basketball to any degree knows who Dante Harris is - if you only follow UConn, then I can see where he would have escaped your notice.

He committed to Virginia, btw.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I would say that anyone who follows college basketball to any degree knows who Dante Harris is - if you only follow UConn, then I can see where he would have escaped your notice.

He committed to Virginia, btw.

Anyone who follows college basketball knows some 12 ppg, high volume shooter (41.6% from 2 in 2021-2022, 27.5% from 3) on a bad team? His 4 offers coming out of high school were Georgetown, Georgia State, East Tennessee State and South Alabama. This guy sucks hard. Why the circle jerk? Because he has a couple of good games in 2021 BET?

Reaction Score
Anyone who follows college basketball knows some 12 ppg, high volume shooter (41.6% from 2 in 2021-2022, 27.5% from 3) on a bad team? His 4 offers coming out of high school were Georgetown, Georgia State, East Tennessee State and South Alabama. This guy sucks hard. Why the circle jerk? Because he has a couple of good games in 2021 BET?

He doesn't suck hard that's for sure. The talent is definitely there you can see that and just by saying he was on a bad team (with a bad coach) maybe he will be more efficient with talent surrounding him and Bennett coaching him. For sure worth a good luck by Virginia from what I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom