Georgetown's Dante Harris enters transfer portal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Georgetown's Dante Harris enters transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Don’t we already have a loaded Top 5 recruiting class coming in next year? We can’t have all the shiny toys in the world…
2 or 3 will actually play.
He can't shoot worth a lick. Solo is better anyways. Pass.
It’s impossible to say he’s better right now. We know Spears can play. And the jumper can always improve. It also gives solo some time to develop.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's impossible to say he's better right now but you have no problem saying only 2 or 3 of our freshmen will actually play next season...

A lot of us thought CFJr was a great player, and that Clingan would be raw at this level. Both were far from true.

I trust our staff to make the right calls.

I don't want a 28% 3 point shooter from the crappiest team in the Big East playing for us unless he's the right skill and disposition fit. 6'3 guards who can score ineffeciently are a dime a dozen in the portal. I'd be happy to recruit a couple. If we extend an offer to Primo, it's because the staff believes he a culture fit.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's impossible to say he's better right now but you have no problem saying only 2 or 3 of our freshmen will actually play next season...
Are you arguing in good faith? Because I think we both know which 2/3 freshmen are probably closer to projects than contributors.

Reaction Score
I think if Hurley thinks both Newton/Alleyne won't take their extra year and Hawkins will go pro and Solo Ball/Stephon Castle will come off the bench (doubt Harris would transfer somewhere where he doesn't start) and Harris is a better fit than Diarra and he won't be able to find any guard transfers in April, then he'll take a flyer on Dante

We don't need to rush and commit a scholarship to a 6'0 (at best) scoring guard that doesn't score efficiently. We're in a good spot as a program. Even if we do need to pick up a role player G next year, we'll have better options in the spring and summer. We have 15 committed scholarships right now for next year. Even though we think we'll have some pro prospects and some inevitable transfers out, we have to be selective. I don't think Dante Harris is the guy you rush to lock up in December

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
mention a good player's name who could be available I say "go get him", LOL. That's my visceral reaction without consideration to roster fit. :)
But there is no indication that this guy is actually good.

Reaction Score
But there is no indication that this guy is actually good.
Oh I know . My comment was more of a joke about wanting all the shiny toy. No one on GTown impresses me

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Why on earth would you really hope our 5 freshmen don't actually play next year and hope that three of them won't be studs?
Because if 5/8 of our main rotation guys are freshmen, the odds of next year being a rebuilding year shoot through the roof. It’s not like this freshmen class is 5 top 40 recruits. At least a few will probably need time to reach their potential.

Reaction Score
I think if Hurley thinks both Newton/Alleyne won't take their extra year and Hawkins will go pro and Solo Ball/Stephon Castle will come off the bench (doubt Harris would transfer somewhere where he doesn't start) and Harris is a better fit than Diarra and he won't be able to find any guard transfers in April, then he'll take a flyer on Dante

We don't need to rush and commit a scholarship to a 6'0 (at best) scoring guard that doesn't score efficiently. We're in a good spot as a program. Even if we do need to pick up a role player G next year, we'll have better options in the spring and summer. We have 15 committed scholarships right now for next year. Even though we think we'll have some pro prospects and some inevitable transfers out, we have to be selective. I don't think Dante Harris is the guy you rush to lock up in December
He expects Alleyne to take his extra year. Alleyne and Stephon Castle's family are close. I believe playing with Castle for a year played into Alleyne's decision

Reaction Score
I loved Patrick Ewing as a player, but Georgetown was awful last year and has a losing record this year. Something is off and I don't see it turning around under Ewing.
And a losing record after the cupcake part of their schedule too. If they played anyone good to start such as in a tournament, that 20+ game losing streak from last season would've continued into this season. I don't know why Georgetown sticks with Ewing. The program is a disaster on so many ways. Great school, terrible basketball.

Reaction Score
Because if 5/8 of our main rotation guys are freshmen, the odds of next year being a rebuilding year shoot through the roof. It’s not like this freshmen class is 5 top 40 recruits. At least a few will probably need time to reach their potential.
You said only 2 or 3 will actually play. I never said all 5 will be our main rotation guys or how many minutes I think they'll get and I said I think three of them will be studs. We're 10 deep this year with real depth, 10 guys who "actually play." I expect the team to be a lot different next year but I expect them to be really good and really deep again. Hurley has the program where it's reload time, we're well past the rebuilding phase.

Every player needs time to reach their full potential.

Reaction Score
I think if Hurley thinks both Newton/Alleyne won't take their extra year and Hawkins will go pro and Solo Ball/Stephon Castle will come off the bench
there's no way castle isnt our starting PG next year, especially with the expectation newton wont take his extra year
i'm expecting to lose hawk and sanogo, so 3 of the freshmen will have to be major contributors. castle and stewart are looking like starters. ball like a scorer off the bench. ross/singare like the 9th/10th guys in the rotation...

i hope samson sees what i do- 25 mpg backing up the 4 and 5 spots.

so depending on how castle/stew/ball play we could have a really good 8 man rotation, but probably not with the final four potential of this year's team.

Castle-Diarra
Jackson-Ball
Stewart-Ross
Karaban-Johnson
Clingan-Singare

Reaction Score
there's no way castle isnt our starting PG next year, especially with the expectation newton wont take his extra year

i'm expecting to lose hawk and sanogo, so 3 of the freshmen will have to be major contributors. castle and stewart are looking like starters. ball like a scorer off the bench. ross and singare like the 9th and 10th guys in the rotation...

i hope samson sees what i do- 25 mpg backing up the 4 and 5 spots.

so depending on how the freshmen play we could have a really good 8 man rotation, but probably not with the final four potential of this year's team.

Castle-Diarra
Jackson-Ball
Stewart-Ross
Karaban-Johnson
Clingan-Singare
Maybe not Final Four potential with that 10 but the transfer portal will be wide open to add legitimate pieces if we're coming off a deep tournament run

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
A lot of us thought CFJr was a great player, and that Clingan would be raw at this level. Both were far from true.

I trust our staff to make the right calls.

I don't want a 28% 3 point shooter from the crappiest team in the Big East playing for us unless he's the right skill and disposition fit. 6'3 guards who can score ineffeciently are a dime a dozen in the portal. I'd be happy to recruit a couple. If we extend an offer to Primo, it's because the staff believes he a culture fit.
Wasn’t it our staff singing CF jr.s praises last year? I mean they shouldn’t do anything but that, they should, and they did.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don’t know what happened to this thread, but I will throw Hurley down a well if he offers anyone from Georgetown a scholarship.
I’ll rescue him from said well if it’s Anglin or Spears. Think they’ll be good with proper coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom