Georgetown's Dante Harris enters transfer portal | The Boneyard

Georgetown's Dante Harris enters transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure what's been going on but he hasn't played all season

Reaction Score
Weird situation, he had a great sophomore season but just can't ahoot if I remember correctly.

Reaction Score
I watched the SC Gtown game this afternoon and they were awful. Primo Spears is a nice little player but the rest of that team looks like they are going through the motions. Akok stands in the corner so much the announcers made a joke of it.
Spears is a player but the team is terrible and Ewing is terrible.

In fairness to him that's what Akok did here too, it seems to be an Akok problem and not a coaching problem.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Spears is a player but the team is terrible and Ewing is terrible.

In fairness to him that's what Akok did here too, it seems to be an Akok problem and not a coaching problem.
6 pts a few rebounds 2 dimes and three TOSs in 41 mins.

Reaction Score
I watched today's game on and off. Both teams were horrible in the first half. SC looked better when they were coming back, but I didn't watch to the end.

I thought Spears looked meh. A lot of out of control drives and forced shots, when I watched. That being said, I'm not sure anyone is coaching him to do anything else.

Ewing's best coaching quality seems to be how loud his voice is. You can hear him over everything. But all you hear is "REBOUND!!" "MOVE!!" Not sure if he thinks that helps? Would they not try to rebound if he didn't yell?

Both Ewing and the Georgetown admin are ruining Ewing's legacy. He's done. there's no coming back for him from where he has taken the program. He should move on and if he won't, the administration should politely make that decision for him. It's similar with Boeheim. It's hard to run out a legend, but sometimes you need to help them help themselves. I'm sorry Mr. Ewing/Boeheim... it's time.

Reaction Score
Patrick Ewing will be entering the transfer portal soon

As stated above ruining a tremendous legacy with his coaching. He’s not good at all, assistant at best please make it easy on them Patrick and give up the reigns.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He certainly doesn't need the money so he should just move on. He's too big a name to be an assistant. He'll still be remembered for his career in college and a pro but it is time to go.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I watched today's game on and off. Both teams were horrible in the first half. SC looked better when they were coming back, but I didn't watch to the end.

I thought Spears looked meh. A lot of out of control drives and forced shots, when I watched. That being said, I'm not sure anyone is coaching him to do anything else.

Ewing's best coaching quality seems to be how loud his voice is. You can hear him over everything. But all you hear is "REBOUND!!" "MOVE!!" Not sure if he thinks that helps? Would they not try to rebound if he didn't yell?

Both Ewing and the Georgetown admin are ruining Ewing's legacy. He's done. there's no coming back for him from where he has taken the program. He should move on and if he won't, the administration should politely make that decision for him. It's similar with Boeheim. It's hard to run out a legend, but sometimes you need to help them help themselves. I'm sorry Mr. Ewing/Boeheim... it's time.
I think you have the exact right take on Ewing

Reaction Score
For years the story was that Ewing was getting shafted by the NBA/NCAA because he was a long time assistant, that wasn't being offered jobs as a head coach.

I hate to say it, because he was one of my favorite players, but it looks like the decision makers were right.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
What’s the commotion for? This kid is flat out bad. He’s had a ton of opportunity for two years. didn’t shoot a lot, and was still inefficient. He’s too bad for the worst team in the conference. Time to transfer down

MJ1

Reaction Score
So who will replace Ewing? Would Georgetown take a risk with Rick Pitino ?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
How about if the two schools swap coaches, announcing just before tip-off in the Dome next Saturday. It can be like when the Eagles & [FKA] Redskins traded quarterbacks Sonny Jurgensen & Norm Snead in 1964.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wonder if the staff is monitoring the Spears situation? He’d probably get a waiver if Ewing is fired.

Reaction Score
Don’t we already have a loaded Top 5 recruiting class coming in next year? We can’t have all the shiny toys in the world…
Like a kid sitting in front of the tree on Christmas morning, I want it all ;)

I have not even looked at the scholarship grid to see potential departures and I know UConn has a great recruiting class for '23, but mention a good player's name who could be available I say "go get him", LOL. That's my visceral reaction without consideration to roster fit. :)

Reaction Score

Attachments

• DF20C621-35B0-4275-8106-3F92A9CA3872.jpeg
    DF20C621-35B0-4275-8106-3F92A9CA3872.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 193
Reaction Score
Wonder if the staff is monitoring the Spears situation? He’d probably get a waiver if Ewing is fired.

He can't shoot worth a lick. Solo is better anyways. Pass.

Reaction Score

Boeheim should get a lifetime contract extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom