Geno's telephone congratulations to Mo'ne Davis dubbed a "violation"[merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno's telephone congratulations to Mo'ne Davis dubbed a "violation"[merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What is with this "Unnamed" crap. Geno, UCONN, The Davis Family, as well as all of UCONN have a right to know who is accusing UCONN of this act. The idea that they can hide behind being "unnamed" is absurd. If you are going to accuse someone be ready to state who you are
I concur.....

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I've heard from an unimpeachable source:
That the "Anonymous" hacking establishment
is on the case
and we should soon know the identity of the alleged culprit. :)
or, at least, what they look like without their shirt on ....:eek:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Don't rule out North Carolina. They like to offer them young.

Reaction Score
UTenn, if I recall correctly, doesn't file complaints as itself or even as an individual school. My recollection is that they file complaints under the name of "the Southeastern Conference", isn't that correct? So this is someone else, again pointing us back to one of our beloved AAC "peers". Just one more reason to get out of this damned small-timers fishbowl.

Reaction Score
so this is someone else, again pointing us back to one of our beloved AAC "peers". Just one more reason to get out of this damned small-timers fishbowl.

I would bet good money it's not someone from the AAC. Why would they? They all benefit from UConn. I'm sure all are excited to play the huskies, and particularly for the home crowd the game will generate.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"There are guys playing college basketball driving around in cars worth more than my house and we're worried about a phone call to a little girl?"

Somehow I doubt there are even cars made that are that expensive. Heck I don't even know if they make them as expensive as his basement with the wine cellar. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I just don't like the idea that schools can make complaints just to see what sticks with no repercussions. Plus as long as there are complaints being made, no matter how minor or not true they turn out to be, it's not good for the accused school's reputation. This complaint was made for one reason: JEALOUSY.
Actually in this case it may enhance UCONN's reputation. It's getting decent "sympathy" coverage. i.e. Geno's a nice guy, what a jerk school for reporting it.

Reaction Score
This is b.s. I REALLY hope the name is leaked at some point.
Agreed. UConn is accused of cheating once again. Eventually that's just going to be our reputation.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Anyone who didn't see this coming is naive. It was my reaction on hearing of Geno's call. Not because the call was out of order or inappropriate but because of folks who always desire to bring down the King. What the complaint really shows is that many coaches don't know the rules and a complaint against them for an unprepared compliance department is warranted.

Reaction Score
If it was an AAC school, my guess is Geno finds out and someone gets spanked by 80....:cool: Full court press for 40 minutes, Stewie and MoJeff both dunk..!!
Geno is from Philly, someone will "sleep w/ the fishes." :rolleyes:

Geno will find out. Small world. Other coaches will not want to be a part of this crap. Wait till the season gets running. We will all be aware and watch the blowback on the court. :D

Reaction Score
Agreed. UConn is accused of cheating once again. Eventually that's just going to be our reputation.
My thought is that, like the Tennessee complaint(s), the only reputation diminished is that of the complainer when the complaint cannot be sustained...in this instance, where the "violation" was committed on a national stage for all to see, the complainer not only seems small, but rather pitiable, as well...

Reaction Score
Anyone who didn't see this coming is naive. It was my reaction on hearing of Geno's call. Not because the call was out of order or inappropriate but because of folks who always desire to bring down the King. What the complaint really shows is that many coaches don't know the rules and a complaint against them for an unprepared compliance department is warranted.
Call me naive then. My worry now is that the complaint is quietly dropped in a few months after the NCAA or conference gets around to investigating it, but all anyone remembers is UConn was accused of cheating - again - and where there's smoke there's fire even if you can't yet see the flames.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Couple of thoughts:
1. The NCAA does not have the resources to police its member institutions so it depends on a) self reporting, b) complaints filed by others members, and c) investigative journalism to bring issues to light. This to a large degree depends on the 'snitch' response and a certain amount of anonymity is helpful.
2. I wasn't that surprised that it was reported - the rule book is pretty extensive and there are a fair number of gray areas. Someone calling and saying 'this didn't smell quite right' isn't that big a deal. I certainly wondered myself if it was completely within the rules. It sort of reminds me of that photo that appeared of Pat and a recruit for three or four years ago.

I just don't get that bent out of shape on this one. I would rather have the question asked and answered than have a innuendo hanging out there.

Reaction Score
JohnA: A source has told him that it was NOT Duke, ND, nor MD.

Reaction Score
Certainly no rules broken, but I think common sense should have dictated that Geno stay away from talking to Mo'ne , just to avoid the appearance of impropriety. Too bad it has to be that way, but that's the way the world is these days.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My thought is that, like the Tennessee complaint(s), the only reputation diminished is that of the complainer when the complaint cannot be sustained...in this instance, where the "violation" was committed on a national stage for all to see, the complainer not only seems small, but rather pitiable, as well...

In her interview on this incident on ESPN Michele Voepel said the world of college recruiting is filled with such pettiness and she doubts anything will come of this report which seems "out there"...."but you never know with the NCAA."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Certainly no rules broken, but I think common sense should have dictated that Geno stay away from talking to Mo'ne , just to avoid the appearance of impropriety. Too bad it has to be that way, but that's the way the world is these days.
I disagree. I like how it's being handled. Make a joke out of the people/institution making the complaint. Too much stupidity in the world today anyway. Need to point it out. Need Engvall's sign.

Reaction Score
In her interview on this incident on ESPN Michele Voepel said the world of college recruiting is filled with such pettiness and she doubts anything will come of this report which seems "out there"...."but you never know with the NCAA."
Ha...I listened to that one and was hoping the reporter would ask the obvious follow up question...to wit, "Is this an example of pettiness?"

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
And that's the way the world will be tomorrow and the next day and the next... and the ... if folks acquiesce to 'the way the world is these days.' We are not merely passengers in life, we can choose to steer the boat in any of the many better directions.

Boo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog